ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fer
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger, Stones paint town red Return to archive
04-08-03 09:37 AM
CS Jagger, Stones paint town red
By: Sonali Velinker Kamat
April 7, 2003

The bad boys of rock �n� roll partied through their weekend in Mumbai. Last night, the Rolling Stones attended a small and private dinner at the Dubash�s Napean Sea Road residence, before drummer Charlie Watts headed over to catch a drink at Not Just Jazz By The Bay, where Jazzy Joe and the Jazz Junkies were playing.

A fairly sedate evening when compared to the action the band drummed up the earlier night, on Saturday.

They headed first to Velocity at Haji Ali and then to the Taj Mahal Hotel�s Insomnia, dancing into the wee hours of the morning.

At Velocity, rock legend Mick Jagger had just one request. �Play anything but the Rolling Stones,� he told club co-owner Waseem Khan.

So the music was a mixed bag � regular janta Hindi tracks and house music, but nothing kept the hip-shaking Jagger away from the dance floor for too long.

On or off stage, Jagger sure knows how to please an audience. Girls at the Haj Ali nightclub fell over each other trying to get a piece of the singer who partied there till the nightclub was ready to close.

Jagger played to the crowd � dancing with them and, according to Khan, �being really down to earth�. �The crew drank champagne, but Jagger only drank water,� Khan added. High on life perhaps.

Jagger then headed to the Taj�s exclusive nightclub Insomnia. The place was already heaving, and when the Stones arrived �people just went mad�, said DJ Akhtar Fazl.

All four members of the band were present, all except Jagger drinking vodka and enjoying Mumbai�s high life. Accompanying them was the exquisite Jade Jagger, Mick Jagger�s daughter from ex-wife Bianca.

At Insomnia, the Stones headed to the DJ�s console on arrival and then spent 20 minutes partying at the club�s mezzanine lounge. �The Stones came to the DJ�s console and waved to the crowd,� said DJ Akhtar, �and everybody went mad.

I said, �Best of luck for the show,� and Jagger said, �I want to see you there.� He also remarked on all the gear I was using and said, �Great stuff.� While they were at the club I played one of their slow tracks and then (I Can�t Get No) Satisfaction. From upstairs he kept giving me the thumbs-up sign!�

Sixty-year-old Jagger shows no signs of slowing down. He has crammed a whole lot of Mumbai memories into one hectic weekend. �He sure knows how to have a good time,� said Waseem Khan.

No wonder fellow Stone Keith Richards had once said, �Half the men in the western hemisphere would have loved to live the life he has.�
04-08-03 09:45 AM
luxury1 This is a good sign, indeed! ONe big happy, relaxed, partying family. Thanks for posting, CS! Dont you wish they would walk into your local dance club some night? Man, that is one lifelong dream of mine. I wouldn't even touch them or talk to them--I would just want to dance with Mick and buy them all a drink.
04-08-03 09:55 AM
Scot Rocks Cool article!!!!!!!

I wonder what slow song he played as well as satisfaction, Indian girl perhaps...?

How amazing would that be the stones in the same place as you!

!!!STONES!!!

Cheers

Mark
04-08-03 09:57 AM
moy
quote:
CS wrote:
All four members of the band were present, all except Jagger drinking vodka and enjoying Mumbai�s high life.

what? woody's back on booze?
04-08-03 10:02 AM
Joey Oh Oh , Woody is drinking again .

Paging Mick Taylor .......................

PAGING MICK TAYLOR .......................

Developing .......................

" Slap Me Silly Ronnie "

JACKY !
04-08-03 03:16 PM
moy here's some pix i posted in another thread, sorry

Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones at the party hosted by the Taj at Insomnia. Some of the celebs at the party included Dilip Doshi, Sunil Alagh, Anand and Anuradha Mahindra, Shobhaa De, Kailash and Aarti Surendranath. Jagger rocked the dance floor the night through, showing special enthusiasm for Madonna and Guns �n� Roses numbers. Pic: Ashish Raje
04-08-03 03:18 PM
Monkey Woman I hope the part about "all except Jagger" drinking vodka was a mistake on the part of the reporter.
04-08-03 03:27 PM
moy
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I hope the part about "all except Jagger" drinking vodka was a mistake on the part of the reporter.

i'm sure about it monkey woman

go ronnie go!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003