ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fer
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEST STONES TUNE EVER "ANGIE"? Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-09-03 11:11 PM
BILL PERKS NEVER SAW MT;BUT THE LEADS ON DANCIN WITH MR D FROM BRUSSELS IS IN MY OPINION THE BEST GUITAR WORK THEY'VE DONE LIVE.WHILE I LOVE IF YOU CANT ROCK ME LIVE,WOODY'S FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO COPY MT IS NOT CUTTING IT.
04-10-03 08:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
NEVER SAW MT;BUT THE LEADS ON DANCIN WITH MR D FROM BRUSSELS IS IN MY OPINION THE BEST GUITAR WORK THEY'VE DONE LIVE.WHILE I LOVE IF YOU CANT ROCK ME LIVE,WOODY'S FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO COPY MT IS NOT CUTTING IT.

What, on this tour? Ehh... maybe. He's not really doing anything on this tour with it except wah-ing away and occasionally throwing a kickass solo in there.

Again, I humbly point you to 75-78 for some inspired playing of said tune. Although Taylor's studio stuff was awesome as well, I tend to find that nothing burns with that same fire that the early Ronnie years had.

-tSYX --- If you can't rock me, somebody will...
04-10-03 11:09 AM
Doxa jb wrote:

"my life will never be complete having never the opportunity to see the Stones with Mick Taylor.....those who did, are a select and privileged group....I wonder if they remember the concerts to be so earth shattering as the boots sound or whether it was just another 70's something concert."

The same here, jb. I also wonder what it was like to wittness all those wonderful performances; did people really understood that they were wittnessing the peek of ever-best performed rock'n'roll music. Maybe not; maybe they took it for granted or thinking like "yeah this sounds good, as it supposed to sound" or "this is just a beginning" like I have heard people thought in Woodstock. Or maybe they were so stoned (like the performers) that nobody didn�t reflect anything at all - just having good time. Privileged happy bastards..

By the way, in next Wednesday one fifth of my dream will come true: Mick Taylor will play in one local bar, just a mile from where I live. He's gonna play with a Finnish blues band. Quite weird, huh? (All I can say is 'what a guitar player like you do in a dumb place like this?')

Doxa
04-10-03 11:22 AM
jb Have a great time! In the mid eighties, Mick Taylor played at the Musicians Exchange in downtown Fort lauderdale. I was planning to go, but missed the opportunity. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about his performances as of late. Some say great, others less kind. All seem to point out that he is quite somber and unethusiastic on stage. Nevertheless, I would never miss the opportunity to see someone who has had such an impact on the greatest albums/concerts ever recorded and or performed by the Stones.
04-10-03 01:30 PM
McQueen No sympathy for Sympathy eh? Wonderful tune. Such dark infamy surrounding it and all. When clicking, a sinister joy to experience live, similar to Gimme Shelter. And Monkey Man, mmmm, monkey indeed. Delicious!

Much diversity in this thread. JJF to Dead Flowers. All fantastic children, no? Even the illegitimate ones turned out respectful.

Slipping Away...Keith...beautiful...
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003