ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fer
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Upcoming Amsterdam Arena Show Question Return to archive
04-05-03 04:06 PM
purrcafe As certain countries are going to be lucky enough to be seeing AC/DC and ZZ Top as well as the Stones, I was wondering if anyone had any idea if any acts might be added to the Amsterdam dates. As of now, the only announced act for these shows is Starsailor.
04-05-03 04:30 PM
Gazza I doubt it. Amsterdam is probably the last city on earth where the Stones would need another big name act to help sell unsold tickets, and one opening act per show is the norm nowadays.
04-05-03 08:26 PM
Angiegirl You said it Gary...
04-05-03 09:00 PM
Scot Rocks Crappy Starsailor!!!!

How long will the support acts be on, I want to see how long my extra time at the bar will be.

However, when Starsailor are on, they might be chased off stage early...

Worries, worries worries lol

Cheers

Mark
04-05-03 09:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man LOL Mark!

I have Starsailor TWICE! For Munich i have the bloody Cranberries! I understand they had a few hits, but why can't i get a decent suipporting band. The Pretenders were at Giants and i thankfully missed it, though i did hear their last song - didn't see them as i was trying to find the right section of the stadium to enter!

Alex
04-06-03 05:25 AM
F505 The most supporting acts I saw in Holland were boring (with the exception of George Thorogood and the J.Geils Band in 82). So it really doesn't matter. But for god's sake I don't hope that they bring along that pseudo-hardrockband from Australia called ACDC. Pleeeeeaaaaaasee!!! Than rather those garden gnomes from Texas.
04-06-03 05:41 AM
Zeeta Yes Mark - Starsailor really are SHITE!

Bloody moaning Mancs!

Chased off stage!!!
I like that!

HA!
04-06-03 03:21 PM
Gazza 45 mins is about the norm for a support act - an hour at the most

I'm kinda glad now I'm not going to Munich so I dont have to sit through the banal bilge of the Dingleberries. Dolores O'Riordan's whining is like nails on a blackboard.
[Edited by Gazza]
04-06-03 04:43 PM
BillyBoll So you're a fan then Gazza!!
04-07-03 10:48 AM
BillyBoll While we're on the subject of Amsterdam. Can anyone advise of good bars/clubs with good music, good coffee shops and any good CD shops with interesting stuff.
04-07-03 05:08 PM
Gazza the whole area around the Leidseplein is great for nightlife. Theres even a Stones Cafe/bar (its hard to miss, it has a huge fuckin' tongue on the outside..lol), although dont be expecting a Dutch version of "Sticky Fingers". the famous Paradiso club is also just a block or so away

Amsterdam isnt a very big city and handily enough most of the best sightseeing and nightlife is around a relatively small area in the centre, within a mile or so from Centraal Station. If you want to be cultural in between various acts of debauchery you should visit the Anne Frank house on Prinsengracht. The Stones usually stay at the Amstel Hotel, which is also within walking distance.

Being a Scouser you may wish to stay at the John & Yoko suite at the Amsterdam Hilton, where they had the "bed-in" during their honeymoon in 1969
[Edited by Gazza]
04-07-03 06:03 PM
F505 You can visit the record shop "Concerto" at the Utrechtse straat (near the Rembrandt Plein). Plenty of good records in all categories (but no boots). And if you want to visit Amsterdam without hordes of tourists go and see De Jordaan neighbourhood.
04-08-03 02:09 PM
BillyBoll Thanks for the info.

I was only there for one night a couple of years ago - passing through on the way to the UEFA cup final and it looks like my kind of place!.

I'm sure that we'll find plenty to amuse us! I dont think I'll bother with the John and Yoko bed thanks anyway Gazza.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003