ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Throbby
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Layne Staley (nsc) Return to archive
04-05-04 10:17 AM
Factory Girl He was the singer for Alice In Chains and Mad Season. He died 2 years ago today.

Thanks for the great music. Will crank up AIC and Mad Season tonight.

"I believe them bones are me. Some say we're born into the grave..." Song "Them Bones", album "Dirt", 1992.
04-05-04 11:15 AM
polksalad69
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
He was the singer for Alice In Chains and Mad Season. He died 2 years ago today.

Thanks for the great music. Will crank up AIC and Mad Season tonight.

"I believe them bones are me. Some say we're born into the grave..." Song "Them Bones", album "Dirt", 1992.

No kidding? Same date (10 years ago) as Kurt Cobain?
04-05-04 12:11 PM
Angiegirl Why do we always loose the greatest?? I would have loved more Mad Season albums...

'Long gone day, mmmmm who ever said. We wash away with the rain'
04-05-04 09:41 PM
mac_daddy I always remember what Tom M. (guitarist for RAtM, and now Audioslave) called him - "an angry angel"

RIP L.S.
04-05-04 11:44 PM
polksalad69 I never got into them like I did Soundgarden or Mudhoney. The first cd was good but they lost me after dat. They seemed like bandwagon jumpers, didn't have the indie releases like the other bands. Not to mention their glam look until they realized that was not the look of success. I dunno, just my opinion.
04-06-04 07:26 AM
Factory Girl polkie, check out Mad Season's "Above".

AIC was a heavy metal band. They were labeled "grunge" because they came from Seattle in the early 1990's.
04-06-04 07:52 AM
UGot2Rollme yes, Layne was a true talent with sometimes haunting vocals (Rooster). It's a shame that he road off on the Horse that haunted him... tragic ending - alone in his apartment, his body undiscovered for days.
04-07-04 08:14 AM
mac_daddy well look what just surfaced...

I have a source with this same setlist, but I dont remember it being from this date...

Mad Season
RKCNDY
Seattle, WA
December 31st, 1994

Source: Unknown DAT > DAT > CDR > EAC (secure mode) > FLAC

Setlist

1 wake up (8:12)
2 lifeless dead (6:14)
3 river of deceit (6:15)
4 i don't know anything (6:42)
5 i'm above (5:48)
6 artificial red (6:44)
7 i don't wanna be a soldier (7:38)
8 all alone (4:28)
9 november hotel (11:24)

Note: Slight noise during the the final 3 to 4 seconds of november hotel, the crowd cheering fade out; nothing that detracts from the recording as a whole.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
04-07-04 08:18 AM
Factory Girl WOW