ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Throbby
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New book - "Stu". - Info and How To Order Return to archive
04-04-04 11:28 AM
Gazza Not sure if this has been posted previously but here y'go

http://www.out-take.co.uk/stu/stu.php
04-04-04 11:40 AM
egon 570 pounds....

will this ever be published in a Affordable version?

04-04-04 12:22 PM
Gazza probably not. I've been waiting in vain for about 15 years for "Blinds and Shutters" to be released at a normal price!

Pity. Stu is unknown to the music world at large outside the Stones family - and even at that its a fair bet that most people who would regard themselves as Stones fans know next to nothing about him either.

It looks a fantastic book and its great that at long last there's a book on him, but with a limited print run and such a high price, his contribution to the Stones' history is going to probably remain for the large part overlooked.
04-04-04 01:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted previously but here y'go

LOL Gazza, it was not just posted several weeks ago, it was a sticky message for some weeks until it passed to the archives, anyway is a good reminder
04-04-04 02:25 PM
Moonisup I am wondering what stu would say about the price, since not everyone (including me) can afford such an expensive book. haha I don't even make 570 a month, the pain of going back to school.
04-04-04 02:55 PM
Gazza >LOL Gazza, it was not just posted several weeks ago, it was a sticky message for some weeks until it passed to the archives, anyway is a good reminder

I knew I'd seen something about it somewhere! However I looked through the three current pages of active threads and there was no sign of it,so thats why I posted it as I figured if it had been here it had been more recent

04-05-04 12:45 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
egon wrote:
570 pounds....

will this ever be published in a Affordable version?

No. It's a speciality company that makes these books. Very limited edition.
04-05-04 03:20 PM
egon just have to take up that 2nd job then.
04-05-04 03:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
just have to take up that 2nd job then.

3rd!