ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Throbby
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kelly Osbourne Enters Drug Rehab Center (NSC) Return to archive
04-03-04 01:12 PM
Martha
Entertainment �04/03/2004��09:56:11�EST
Kelly Osbourne Enters Drug Rehab Center

LOS ANGELES - Kelly Osbourne, the 19-year-old daughter of heavy metal star Ozzy Osbourne, has checked into a drug rehabilitation center for an addiction to painkillers, her parents said Friday night in a televised interview. Kelly Osbourne's younger brother, Jack, 18, checked himself into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic last year and Ozzy Osbourne has been candid about his decades of battles with substance abuse.

The siblings became international stars following the success of the MTV reality show "The Osbournes," which shows an oft-dazed Ozzy doting over his dysfunctional family with wife-manager, Sharon. The Osbourne's oldest daughter, Aimee, has not taken part in the show, which returns April 6 for its third season on MTV.

Ozzy, 55, and Sharon Osbourne, 51, talked about their daughter's drug problem Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

Sharon Osbourne said that an English tabloid notified them Friday that they had a photograph of Kelly in an apparent drug deal.

Kelly Osbourne was confronted and eventually acknowledged a drug problem "after a lot of twisting," Sharon Osbourne said.

Ozzy said that his daughter denied having a stash of drugs, but the family's maid said she had found a bag of pills underneath her bed.

"So the bag was delivered to me, and I opened this bag and it was full of pills. ... There must have been 500 pills," he told King.

Within hours, Kelly's brother drove her to the Promises rehabilitation center in Malibu.

When asked on the interview show if she had advice on how to steer children away from drugs, Sharon Osbourne responded somberly.

"I'm a failure," she replied. "How can I give anybody advice?"

The Osbournes said that for every good thing that has happened to their family, there also have been difficulties. Sharon Osbourne announced in 2002 that she was undergoing treatment for colon cancer, which is now in remission, and Ozzy last year was injured in an all-terrain vehicle accident in England.

Jack Osbourne celebrates one year of sobriety April 23, his mother said.

___

On the Net:

The Osbournes: http://www.mtv.com/onair/osbournes/

04-03-04 02:04 PM
Bloozehound let's dance!

[Edited by Bloozehound]
04-03-04 05:53 PM
J.J.Flash Thanks Martha! I watched to this last night on Larry King. Really touching thing, when they showed some images when Kelly was informed that Ozzy had that accident playing with that stupid bike.
04-04-04 01:01 AM
JaggaRichards Ozzie and Sharon...........Parents Of The Year!
04-04-04 11:35 AM
egon 3 words; who fucking cares?
04-04-04 12:20 PM
polksalad69
quote:
egon wrote:
3 words; who fucking cares?

Obviously someone if they can make money off them. Speaking of which, they had Entertainment Tonite on the TV last night at the bar. Holy shit, what a bunch of garbage. And that was w/the sound down.
04-04-04 08:51 PM
corgi37 I wish she'd enter Extreme Make overs instead. She is one fat ugly bitch. And, she hates Christina, whom i plan to wed one day.
04-05-04 04:45 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I wish she'd enter Extreme Make overs instead. She is one fat ugly bitch. And, she hates Christina, whom i plan to wed one day.