ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Backstage on tour 1972
The Rolling Stones in Concert - Sunday Promotions Inc. 1972
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jersey Devil: Seattle? Return to archive
03-21-02 05:54 AM
Mathijs To everybody who has heard Jersey Devil: are we sure that the Seattle, October 15 1981 portion is indeed this Seattle gig, and not another gig? I would have expected Star Star between Hang Fire and Miss You, but that song is clearly missing from the list. Anyone?

Mathijs
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

URL: http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/
E-Mail: [email protected]

Bootlegs for Sale
The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
03-22-02 02:31 AM
marko I haven�t heard it yet,but you�re right about star star.
Does it sound like houston?they didn�t play star star there,
last time they did it was orlando.
03-22-02 03:30 AM
Jaxx i checked out gazza's setlist page for the '81 tour located here:
http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/1981.htm

according to the information posted there, Star, Star was first performed at the Boulder October 3rd show, in the 21st slot, but not at the October 4th Boulder show.

shit, i'm literally having a "moment" here. LOL,get this...i was on the first level off the field in the first section closest to the stage kind of sitting/hanging on the railings in front of that section for the October 3rd Show. yeah. they literally let me "hang out" there. what a great seat! from this vantage point i could see my roomies down front on the field quite close --within the first couple of rows of the stage. i distinctly remember those guys starting to chant "star, star, star, star star, star" and low and behold to our excitement they pulled it out! it appeared to be TOTALLY impromptu. anyway, what an exhilerating moment! (or was it the purple microdot?)if it WAS spontaneous (does anyone know this??), they must have liked it there because it appears on the setlist in the 20th slot in San Diego, all three shows in LA, both shows in Seattle, both shows in San Francisco and both shows in Orlando.

so yeah. a cure for insomnia later, the answer to your question is that according to gazza's research, star star was performed in seattle both shows.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.