ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Think before you crucify the band Return to archive
8th April 2008 02:06 PM
Steel Wheels Just a thought. They have given us so much over the last 40 years - so many tunes, shows, interviews, etc. They have been the soundtrack to our lives through good and bad and everything in between.

What would life be like if we never had them?

Let's enjoy the band and their music. I for one have certain songs I cannot stand to hear, but my focus is always on "What sounds good? What Stones songs make me feel happy?"

Tonight I will see Shine A Light and I will enjoy it.

That's all for now. Carry on!

S.W.
8th April 2008 02:14 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Tonight I will see Shine A Light...

me, too...
8th April 2008 02:45 PM
rocker So well put, how apt we are to complain and not see the blessings of life.
8th April 2008 04:01 PM
CrazyDadda
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Just a thought. They have given us so much over the last 40 years - so many tunes, shows, interviews, etc. They have been the soundtrack to our lives through good and bad and everything in between.

Let's enjoy the band and their music. I for one have certain songs I cannot stand to hear, but my focus is always on "What sounds good? What Stones songs make me feel happy?"

S.W.

Absofreakinluty

[Edited by CrazyDadda]
8th April 2008 04:29 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff "They have been the soundtrack to our lives through good and bad and everything in between."
Perfect!
Bravo!
I really love you
and I really love my Rolling Stones
8th April 2008 06:02 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Just a thought. They have given us so much over the last 40 years - so many tunes, shows, interviews, etc. They have been the soundtrack to our lives through good and bad and everything in between.

S.W.

just curious. was there any particular song from sal you couldn't stand?

it took me years to get used to 'blinded by love' but to this day i always ff 'indian girl' and 'all about you' and sometimes 'streets of love'.
9th April 2008 09:21 AM
Steel Wheels Live with Me is one I'll skip due to the vocals from what's-her-name, and Connection. I like the Winos playing that.
9th April 2008 11:07 AM
polytoxic Crucify? That's a little harsh. Criticize? Sure. Noone's beyond some criticism.
As long as you're not talking out your ass, and as most Stones fans here have their PhD in Stonesology, I'd say they are fairly qualified to pontificate on the subject. SAL is good fun. Keith is half the player he was even 15 years ago.
Both statements can be valid.

[Edited by polytoxic]
9th April 2008 11:29 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:

S.W.

Finally somebody says this. We gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

9th April 2008 11:34 AM
CatsBanquet Some words have sometimes a strange relation together:
Crucify / Rolling Stones.
9th April 2008 02:29 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:

Finally somebody says this. We gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

Right on!!!! The Stones have given us so much.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)