ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FAV TOUR/RECORD Return to archive
8th April 2008 09:50 AM
BILL PERKS MY FAVORITE OVERALL TOUR/RECORD SINCE 1989
YOURS?

1994 VOODOO LOUNGE (BECAUSE THE RECORD IS SO AWESOME,TICKET PRICES STILL REASONABLE)
1989 STEEL WHEELS (BECAUSE THE SET WAS SO LONG AND THE STAGE WAS THE BEST)
2002 LICKS (I THOUGHT THE BAND PLAYED FANTASTIC ON THIS TOUR)
1997 B2B(DIDNT LIKE THE STAGE OR THE BANDS PLAYING..RECORD WAS GOOD)
2005 BIGGER BANG (RECORD GREAT ..LIVE SHOWS TOO UP AND DOWN)
1999 NO SECURITY(RECORD SUCKED..SHOWS TOO SHORT)
8th April 2008 09:56 AM
Steel Wheels As you probably guessed, my favorite time for the Stones is right now.

My current favorite Stones tour and album is A Bigger Bang. Many great memories and experiences to both items.
8th April 2008 10:58 AM
ExileInLA
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
As you probably guessed, my favorite time for the Stones is right now.

My current favorite Stones tour and album is A Bigger Bang. Many great memories and experiences to both items.

ouch. for real? ABB was kinda mediocre (not kinda, just trying to be polite).

2002 takes the cake. they actually THOUGHTFULLY rehearsed for that one.
after that, 94.
then, 97.
then 05 on the bottom. by 05 they really didn't give a shit anymore. i'm sure this will be evidenced in the SAL film. it is with the clips i have heard. waiting for visual confirmation (thanks netflix).
8th April 2008 12:36 PM
Steel Wheels Just my opinion. I have one of the better stereo systems around, and A Bigger Bang sounds fantastic on it. One of their top 5 sounding records by far.

As far as the memories of this tour go, it don't get much better than having the beautiful women of Rocks Off and their beautiful friends join me at the B-stage in AC for singing, dancing, and cheering. I bought my Parents tickets for that gig too. It was a great night!
8th April 2008 01:56 PM
Sioux
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote: I bought my Parents tickets for that gig too. It was a great night!

Wow, your parents must be young! Or just very, very cool... My parents were of the generation that thought the Stones were horrid---ugly, thick, unwashed...you know, that whole bit.
8th April 2008 02:00 PM
Steel Wheels They are around their 60's - very hip and cool.

Thanks!

8th April 2008 02:01 PM
delf 81 Tour...

Exile Album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbG2ItihYI&feature=related
8th April 2008 03:16 PM
marko Tattoo you 1981&1982
Voodoo Lounge 1994&1995
8th April 2008 04:04 PM
Joey

< ---- RIGHT NOW !!!!!

concur Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ... Oh , ..... oh , ... oh , little fiji .... Lil' Fijikins )

ABB Rules .

" Best Stones YET , Ronnie ! "

J. CAKED ! ™
8th April 2008 04:07 PM
CrazyDadda 75/76 Tour

A Bigger Bang Tour

Licks Tour
8th April 2008 05:19 PM
fireontheplatter this is a very difficult question for me to answer. because i never really nit pick a stones show appart like some people do. i think every show [that i have seen] has been awesome. especially the day event tail gate partys and the food and conversation. but, if i had to pick a show[s] i would say the second giants stadium show because i had a 1st row seat at the small stage...and the abb baltimore show was really cool too. i think we were like 5-6 rows from the small stage at that one. and as an added bonus the LARGE killiens red beer were like 6 bucks.
as far as a live cd question goes....i have been doing some of the bootlegs as of late but, commercially released wise, i'm enjoying the live licks one.
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
8th April 2008 07:26 PM
cabledogg2 '69 for the sound
'89 for the stage
8th April 2008 07:42 PM
Soldatti 1997-1999
1989-1990
1994-1995 (more 1995 than 1994)
2002-2003
2005-2007
8th April 2008 07:51 PM
Sioux
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
They are around their 60's - very hip and cool.

Thanks!

Ahhhh, yes! Hey, I'm in my mid 50's, and the day care kids I teach still think I'm in my 20's.... Our generation will just never think of ourselves as "old". And I think that must be true about the Stones as well. Rock and roll can't help but KEEP us young.
8th April 2008 10:03 PM
M.O.W.A.T. 1. Voodoo Lounge
2. Licks
3. Bigger Bang
4. Steel Wheels
5. Bridges to Babylon
9th April 2008 04:17 AM
IanBillen The show itself= STEEL WHEELS

* A nice second in terms of playing alone is LICKS.

I did not particularly care for the album No Security... it was OK I suppose.

The NS show itself was OK as far as on a scale of The Stones goes but nothing shattering.

Personal Favorite album = Goats Head Soup

Voodoo Lounge is my personal favorite as far as "commercial success" albums go.

I think their most "real" album is Exile. It is their masterpiece.

I think their best commercially successful album for everyone is Some Girls.

Special Note:
*A Bigger Bang should receive honorable mention as far as strong albums go in terms of solidity and quality in the past 30 years. That itself says a lot. I can see why some may like it even better than Voodoo Lounge. It was easily comparable in terms of an over all strong and solid release. ABB is very good and notably much better than Bridges. I cannot see why anyone could have a bitch with it really. I was surprised at how good they sound on it and how ballsy it was. In fact, I was not aware they could ever sound as good again as they did on A Bigger Bang before it's release. Until ABB I thought those days were gone.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
9th April 2008 05:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
ABB is very good and notably much better than Bridges. Ian

Opinions...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)