ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jade jagger in mumbai Return to archive
7th April 2008 02:17 PM
moy Style with a difference!
8 Apr 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Jade Jagger (TOI photo)

Jade Jagger, 37, the jewellery designer, socialite and only daughter of Rolling Stone Sir Mick and Bianca Jagger, is in Mumbai.

Actually she has been here for over a week, give or take a few days in Goa, where she has a beach house and where it rained while she was there... "a full monsoon rain in April, it poured for seven days, people hadn’t seen anything like it".

I met her shortly after she stepped off the plane, long legs encased in knee-length boots and short pants high on the thigh flashing whatever tan she had caught in Goa; a white cotton shirt open at the front showing off a figure sexier than the one the Net has on her. Jade is here to present her jewellery and clothes collection to stores in Mumbai. "I know it’s a little late for Lakme Fashion Week," she said teasingly, "but my jewellery is not made for the runway, I like to meet people one on one upstairs in my hotel room, it’s more intimate that way."

She was, of course, at the Lakme Fashion Week, her first time at one in India, lending that international celeb quotient to the glamourous event, but not in a manner to actively pursue publicity. Her rockstar father, a sex symbol even at 65, would have been a showstopper even off the ramp at such a do anywhere in the world, but Jade went around in relative anonymity. "I attended two shows," she told me over a vodka and tonic water in her hotel, "one was real Bollywood, but I was kind of surprised, it was more plain than I had imagined. Yet I enjoyed the bright colours, they were refreshing, playful, the show itself was dramatic, and that bond-like ending... the new girl-friend and old-friend meeting hand-in-hand! But I don’t know where fashion is going in India. The designers, it is nice to see, take tradition and re-evaluate it. May be they need the opportunity to express themselves more on the runway, not through their clothes, but the expression."
Her own sense of style and fashion, I am told, is somewhat bohemian. 'It’s hard to put yourself in your own box," she explained when I asked what kind of designer she was.

"But I’d like to think I transcend all ages and cultures. What I create will always appeal to the young and old, from my teen daughters Assisi and Amba to my mother Bianca. My clothes have a lot of embroidery, I like my designs to be timeless, ageless, comfortable and beautiful, also sexy and desirable, but which make you feel happy and contented inside. In my jewellery, I feel there are a lot of talismanic values, I use a lot of strong symbols. We invest a lot of our energy in our jewellery. I believe style transcends what we wear. It’s about people’s presence. Somebody’s confidence and how they project themselves, their attention to detail, you can be stylish without wearing fashionable clothes. The older you get, the more you realise this."

I understand she has a long-standing love affair with India. She first came here when she was nine, and made a trip to Ladakh with her father, but since then and over 15 years Jade has developed business interests in India. She makes clothes here, does embroidery in Mumbai with Azeem Khan, and has quite a few friends in the country. "But I don’t hangout with the high-fliers," she clarified.

She was amazed to find last time she was here, that her name was famous, until she discovered that Jade Goody (yes, the same) was well known in India for almost doing in our Shilpa Shetty on the UK reality show Big Brother. We talked about her father, the legendary Sir Mick Jagger, of whom Jade is a big fan. "I don’t perceive him in the way people do. I can’t understand the adulation because, to me, he is just Dad. But I get it, of course. I didn’t spend my childhood thinking how famous he was."

I asked if she had ever dressed up the ageing rocker because Sir Mick is notorious for being outrageous in his dress sense. A mistake. For the lovely Jade Jagger got defensive. "In the early years, yes, for some of his outfits on stage. But it’s all about the performance. Otherwise he’s quite conservative. You should see your own musicians! What’s my Dad wearing that’s more shocking than that?"
7th April 2008 03:35 PM
mojoman love those boots!!!
7th April 2008 03:38 PM
glencar Jade gives good interview/
7th April 2008 04:50 PM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jade gives good interview/

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)