ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RONNIE Wood wants to take a break from The Rolling Stones and reform his old band, the Faces Return to archive
7th April 2008 01:20 PM
moy recyled material but good to see it back

Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood wants to reform with Rod Stewart
April 07, 2008 12:00am

RONNIE Wood wants to take a break from The Rolling Stones and reform his old band, the Faces, which includes fellow veteran rocker Rod Stewart.

The 60-year-old guitarist has revealed all the members of his former group will get back together if they can find time in their busy schedules.

He said: "Yeah, I have heard rumours about us reuniting. There just aren't enough hours in the day are there? We'd love to do it if we could, yeah. It could happen."

His comments follow drummer Kenney Jones' claim last year that a reunion had "every chance of happening" after he met Stewart for dinner.

After their band The Jeff Beck Group disbanded in 1969, Wood and Stewart joined Small Faces members - bassist Ronnie Lane, keyboard player Ian McLagan and drummer Jones - to form the Faces.

They released four studio albums before Wood left to join The Rolling Stones in 1975.

Lane had already quit the band in 1973 to pursue a solo career.

The last time the whole band played together was during the encore at Stewart's Wembley concert in 1986.

However, the ailing Lane was forced to take to the stage in a wheelchair, with then Rolling Stones member Bill Wyman filling in for him on bass.

Lane died of pneumonia in 1997 aged just 51.
7th April 2008 01:26 PM
steel driving hammer Key word - "wants".

Ain't gonna happen Rod.
7th April 2008 02:29 PM
gimmekeef Well its been 3 weeks sinec we last heard this.Wish they'd either do it or say they arent definitively.
7th April 2008 03:07 PM
glencar Never happen.
7th April 2008 03:10 PM
mojoman dudes are old..........
7th April 2008 03:16 PM
Nellcote I do not know about "never happen".
Looking a the alignment of the moons, this might be the year. If Ronnie gets Rod locked in, then, Mac will be locked in, and this will happen.
If Mac says it's happening, it is happening.
Rod has always been the block.
I'm certain Rod's no fool for a good payday,
and with limited engagements, some type of
dvd/record deal, it could happen.
Faces are scheduled to re-release their lp's with extra tracks, as I read, this year.
Rod's touring the States this summer.
Mac is touring in the States this summer.
Kenny Jones probably is available.
I'd look for fall of this year, if it's going to happen.
Mac's new lp is called "Never Say Never", maybe a good omen?

7th April 2008 03:20 PM
axl79 What would Keith say about this Ronnie !
7th April 2008 04:10 PM
mojoman
quote:
axl79 wrote:
What would Keith say about this Ronnie !

its good to be anywhere?
7th April 2008 07:31 PM
TomL I would love to see it happen but I doubt it very much. I think the boys have one more in them and let's face it, if they do another they will be an average age of 68 or so afterwards. The only way that will happen is if Ronnie knows something, and I am sure he does. But the Stones are his life first. Make sense? You have witnessed Rock N Roll History.
8th April 2008 04:36 AM
Joey
quote:

Nellcote wrote:

Kenny Jones probably is available.

Kenny has been ' available ' since Daltrey threw him out of THE WHO in 1982
8th April 2008 08:18 PM
Slavegirl Man I hate Rod Stewart. I know he is a classic but I honestly can't name one song of his that I really like, other than maybe "Hot Legs." I find myself scrambling for the dial every time "Maggie May" comes on, I'm sorry. I know Ronnie was in a band with him back in the day but I am willing to forget about that if he is =)
8th April 2008 08:20 PM
Slavegirl Ok thats a lie, I like "Stay With Me" too. What a waste of a post haha.
8th April 2008 08:41 PM
Riffhard Slavegirl I would strongly recommend that you invest in some Faces music. You might want to start with "A Nod's As Good As A Wink.....To A Blind Horse" or perhaps "Ooh La La"

Believe it or not there was a time when Rod good really belt out a great rock and roll song.

Both of those albums are great.

Riffy
8th April 2008 09:30 PM
pdog Rod Stewart is cashing in big time, in the Barry Manilow demographic... Why would he want to actually do something cool and rock and roll?
8th April 2008 10:40 PM
Slavegirl Really Riffy? Hmmm Anything with Ronnie is worth checking out. Plus if you say its good....thanks!

8th April 2008 11:58 PM
Sioux Oh yeah, Riffy's right....the Faces box set, "Five Guys Walk Into A Bar" is excellent. They were a tight, rockin' band, and Rod could rock with the best of them back then.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)