ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlton Heston has died Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th April 2008 03:27 PM
mojoman
quote:
texile wrote:

no shit -
those guys were larger than life and characters off-screen.
the young actors now will always be BOYS....

what IS the ultimate iconic heston memory -
'oh moses, moses, moses..' or
'you finally really did it...god damn you all to hell' -

i didnt agree with him politically, but he had authority.

yep the man had gravitas. hollywood is full of a bunch of girlymen and cartoon characters. too many teetolars and not enough drinkers with stage experience and presence let alone acting skills. the man's man is a relic. the worst crises these young actors have gone through is a case of hangnail. wait are we talkin about politics?

[Edited by mojoman]
7th April 2008 03:35 PM
robpop I used to work for the USTA. Heston was a life member. I did speak with him over the phone on a conference call. He was a very nice, polite person.

7th April 2008 07:32 PM
Sioux USTA? United States Tennis Association? Or something else? That's the only USTA I know of. That's really cool, robpop.
7th April 2008 08:12 PM
robpop [quote]Sioux wrote:
USTA? United States Tennis Association? Or something else? That's the only USTA I know of. That's really cool, robpop.
[/quote}

Yup that one.
8th April 2008 12:21 AM
Sioux Cool. I used to be a member. I love tennis. Don't really play anymore, and I was a rank amateur. But I got to spend some time with some great players... Borg, Vilas, Nastase, etc. Wonderful memories.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)