ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sonny Bono hit ? NSC Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th April 2008 03:11 AM
Daethgod http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23483772-5012974,00.html

SONNY Bono, former husband and singing partner of Cher, was clubbed to death by hitmen on the orders of drug and weapons dealers, a formber FBI agent has claimed.
Ted Gunderson, now a private investigator, has told the US Globe tabloid that Bono, who served as mayor of Palm Springs for four years, did not die after hitting a tree on a Nevada ski slope in January 1998 as everyone believed.

"It's nonsense for anyone to now try to suggest that Bono died after crashing into a tree. There's zero evidence in this autopsy report... to show such an accident happened. Instead, there's powerful proof he was assassinated.

"This was an evil plot that was carried out to almost perfection by ruthless assassins," Mr Gunderson told the paper.

The former agent, who has been researching Bono's accident for the past decade, said top officials linked to an international drug and weapons ring feared the singer-turned-politician was about to expose their crimes - so they had him killed on the slopes.

Bono, an experienced skiier, was ambushed on the slopes by hired hitmen, who beat him to death and then staged a tree collision, Mr Gunderson said.

He called for authorities to dig up Bono's remains and open a homicide investigation.

His claims have reportedly been backed by top forensics experts who fear Nevada authorities were too quick to call the death a skiing accident.

Investigator Bob Fletcher had also confessed he sent evidence of a 10-year study that linked top US government officials to arms and weapons dealers to Bono less than a month before his death, the Globe reported.

"(Bono) was going to make it his No.1 priority... There's no doubt in my mind Sonny was murdered by someone who needed him silenced," Fletcher told the paper.
4th April 2008 07:08 AM
Sioux If true, this is jaw dropping news. If so, everything is not always as it seems. If possible, this would be the reason I would want Brian Jones' death to be re-investigated. Things are NOT always what they seem....
4th April 2008 08:25 AM
andrews27 Be careful of Ted Gunderson, as he has a very shady reputation and has reportedly been mixed up in assassination and disinformation himself.

Sonny was a good liberal Republican. If you watch the highly reputable documentary Waco: The Rules of Engagement, you can see Sonny in the Senate looking horrified as Senator Chuck Schumer (at the time, D-NY) lies and bullies in a speech defending the FBI and Justice Department. Watch for Schumer as a Hillary appointee? Just as soon as this charade is over and Obama is consigned to the bottom of the ticket as Hillary's VP, which has been the plan all along.

What? Wait - How did all these goons get on my ski slope? Hey! -
[Edited by andrews27]
4th April 2008 08:29 AM
lotsajizz Sonny should've been whacked for his shit music AS WELL AS his shit politics
4th April 2008 08:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Sonny should've been whacked for his shit music AS WELL AS his shit politics

aw c'mon....didn't you have a fleece vest when you were in high school? (Well I guess it was fleece) For awhile everyone was wearing fleece vests.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
4th April 2008 08:57 AM
Gazza Something about this story and the way he died reminds me of that old "Claudine Longet Invitational" Saturday Night Live sketch from several years ago....

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75rski.phtml
[Edited by Gazza]
4th April 2008 09:16 AM
sirmoonie He was Italian, prior to his "accident."

His former wife is Armenian.
4th April 2008 09:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sioux wrote:
If true, this is jaw dropping news. If so, everything is not always as it seems. If possible, this would be the reason I would want Brian Jones' death to be re-investigated. Things are NOT always what they seem....

Follow the money.
4th April 2008 09:23 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Follow the money.

The Catholics??? They ski-whacked him, de-pruned so to speak? Shades of Calvi. Shades of JayPee I.
4th April 2008 11:56 AM
andrews27
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Sonny did what he did to get his funny face and his hot wife a place in pop music. Including writing "Needles and Pins." Look up Sonny's work for Phil Spector's studio sometimes. And he was in the Senate out of virtue and concern for the US, unlike J. Fred "Bob Dole-like shill for election fraud" Thompson.
4th April 2008 01:36 PM
Sioux I really liked Sonny. Even me Mum, who hated the Stones and Sonny & Cher the most {for their looks, mostly}, ended up liking Sonny. I was shocked when he died. However he died.
4th April 2008 04:36 PM
mojoman bono?
5th April 2008 06:36 AM
corgi37 Bob Dylan said: "I dont like Sonny & Cher. A guy gets thrown out of a restaurant and writes a song about it".

I hope he was murdered! It makes things so much more exciting.
6th April 2008 01:03 AM
sammy davis jr. He was a genius.
6th April 2008 06:01 AM
corgi37 Who? Dylan or Bono?
6th April 2008 11:35 AM
Riffhard But did you know that it was Sonny that was the inspiration for the great Stones' tune, The Under Assistant West Cost Promotion Man? He was working for Phil Spector at the time having recently left the employ of the Brill Building. Tis true! So if nothing else he was good for that reason! He sure looked sharp. Real real sharp. In his searsucker suit.

As Paul Harvey says-Now you know the rest of the story!

Riffy
6th April 2008 11:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
He sure looked sharp. Real real sharp. In his searsucker suit.

Damn straight.
Fleece vests are making a comeback soon.

6th April 2008 11:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh wait. That's Cher making a comeback soon.
Sorry ....getiing things mixed up again.
6th April 2008 12:15 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
But did you know that it was Sonny that was the inspiration for the great Stones' tune, The Under Assistant West Cost Promotion Man? He was working for Phil Spector at the time having recently left the employ of the Brill Building. Tis true! So if nothing else he was good for that reason! He sure looked sharp. Real real sharp. In his searsucker suit.

As Paul Harvey says-Now you know the rest of the story!

Riffy

Tisn't true! It was based on George Sherlock, a London Records promo man who went with them on their first US tour.

So I guess that makes it an even greater song now
6th April 2008 12:21 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
SONNY Bono, former husband and singing partner of Cher, was clubbed to death by hitmen on the orders of drug and weapons dealers, a formber FBI agent has claimed.
Ted Gunderson, now a private investigator, has told the US Globe tabloid that Bono, who served as mayor of Palm Springs for four years, did not die after hitting a tree on a Nevada ski slope in January 1998 as everyone believed.

"It's nonsense for anyone to now try to suggest that Bono died after crashing into a tree. There's zero evidence in this autopsy report... to show such an accident happened. Instead, there's powerful proof he was assassinated.

"This was an evil plot that was carried out to almost perfection by ruthless assassins," Mr Gunderson told the paper.

The former agent, who has been researching Bono's accident for the past decade, said top officials linked to an international drug and weapons ring feared the singer-turned-politician was about to expose their crimes - so they had him killed on the slopes.

Bono, an experienced skiier, was ambushed on the slopes by hired hitmen, who beat him to death and then staged a tree collision, Mr Gunderson said.

He called for authorities to dig up Bono's remains and open a homicide investigation.

His claims have reportedly been backed by top forensics experts who fear Nevada authorities were too quick to call the death a skiing accident.

Investigator Bob Fletcher had also confessed he sent evidence of a 10-year study that linked top US government officials to arms and weapons dealers to Bono less than a month before his death, the Globe reported.

"(Bono) was going to make it his No.1 priority... There's no doubt in my mind Sonny was murdered by someone who needed him silenced," Fletcher told the paper.

Ah, The Globe - bastion of journalistic truth and integrity.
6th April 2008 12:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Ah, The Globe - bastion of journalistic truth and integrity.

No, that's the Washington Times, Moon's paper.

6th April 2008 12:36 PM
Riffhard
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Tisn't true! It was based on George Sherlock, a London Records promo man who went with them on their first US tour.

So I guess that makes it an even greater song now

I've read both accounts, but as this was a thread about Sonny it made sense to include it. I actually remember reading Spector talking about the tune. He was laughing about Sonny being his errand boy and he mentioned that it was Sonny that was the genuine West Coast Promo Man. That makes sense to me as Sonny was, in fact, a promo man based on the West Coast. Plus this was the time when Phil Spector was very much a figure within the Stones' orbit.

It may be an amalgamation of them both.

Riffy
6th April 2008 12:43 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle

Yo, Sunny!
The Burger King just called.

He wants his crown back.
6th April 2008 12:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I've read both accounts, but as this was a thread about Sonny it made sense to include it. I actually remember reading Spector talking about the tune. He was laughing about Sonny being his errand boy and he mentioned that it was Sonny that was the genuine West Coast Promo Man. That makes sense to me as Sonny was, in fact, a promo man based on the West Coast. Plus this was the time when Phil Spector was very much a figure within the Stones' orbit.

Riffy

The Sonny link is new on me. I always read it was George Sherlock who was the inspiration.

Oddly enough, "I Got you Babe" was knocked off the top of the UK singles charts by "Satisfaction" - the US b-side of which was "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man"
6th April 2008 12:55 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Could be, I've never heard the Phil Spector/Sonny Bono side of it until now. Bill Wyman just says in Rolling with the Stones that it was a "good-natured jibe" at Sherlock and that's what's usually passed along in other Stones books.
6th April 2008 01:04 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Sonny link is new on me. I always read it was George Sherlock who was the inspiration.

Jinx! You owe me a coke
6th April 2008 01:07 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oddly enough, "I Got you Babe" was knocked off the top of the UK singles charts by "Satisfaction" - the US b-side of which was "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man"

Truth be told I tend to believe that the George Sherlock story is closer to the truth. I read the Spector interview years ago, and for all I know he was just taking the piss. It does make sense in one regard though. It was Sonny Bono who met the Stones for the first time while he was in the employ of Spector, and he was a guy that craved the kind of adulation that the Stones were already recieving at that time. Plus I wouldn't be a damned bit surprised if he did own a searsucker suit! Though I doubt that he looked too sharp in it. Perhaps he did to himself.

All I know is that it's a great tune, and Sonny Bono is dead.

Riffy
6th April 2008 01:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
6th April 2008 01:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
6th April 2008 01:33 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Funny !!!!!

Jizzy ..... you are on FIRE !

Jacky !
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)