ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Song Saved My Life!! Return to archive
3rd April 2008 09:52 PM
Collinstephens I know this is random, but the song Stones' song Indian Girl saved my life in January 2008. I was backpacking in the mountains, and got held down on the side of the mountain. During the night, the weather got down to horribly low temps, my water froze, and I was afraid for my life. During the night, I listened to my mp3 player and it was stuck on Indian Girl. I sung the lyrics over and over all night. I think it saved my life. Does anyone else have a story like this one?
3rd April 2008 10:51 PM
robpop
quote:
Collinstephens wrote:
I know this is random, but the song Stones' song Indian Girl saved my life in January 2008. I was backpacking in the mountains, and got held down on the side of the mountain. During the night, the weather got down to horribly low temps, my water froze, and I was afraid for my life. During the night, I listened to my mp3 player and it was stuck on Indian Girl. I sung the lyrics over and over all night. I think it saved my life. Does anyone else have a story like this one?

Yeah, I told the story here before. I almost died on the way to the Stones show in Pittsburgh. I went to pick my girl up, but she was not ready. So I went to the beer to but a case. We cant buy beer in stores here in PA. The drunk in front of me did not have enough money to pay for his case of Hamm's. So I was delayed about tow minutes. On the way back to pick my girl up there was an accident. Terrible accident. I asked when it happened a witness told me about two minutes ago. There were no rescue crews on scene yet. Being trained in rescue, I decided to get out and help. I made it up to the car, and then the crew on duty showed up. I asked if they needed help; they thanked me and to me to go on my way. Then next day, I found out the two people in the lane I would have been traveling in, were hit head on by a DUI driver. They were dead at the scene. Two minutes, a drunk saved me from another.
3rd April 2008 11:22 PM
Collinstephens Wow, great story

quote:
robpop wrote:

Yeah, I told the story here before. I almost died on the way to the Stones show in Pittsburgh. I went to pick my girl up, but she was not ready. So I went to the beer to but a case. We cant buy beer in stores here in PA. The drunk in front of me did not have enough money to pay for his case of Hamm's. So I was delayed about tow minutes. On the way back to pick my girl up there was an accident. Terrible accident. I asked when it happened a witness told me about two minutes ago. There were no rescue crews on scene yet. Being trained in rescue, I decided to get out and help. I made it up to the car, and then the crew on duty showed up. I asked if they needed help; they thanked me and to me to go on my way. Then next day, I found out the two people in the lane I would have been traveling in, were hit head on by a DUI driver. They were dead at the scene. Two minutes, a drunk saved me from another.

3rd April 2008 11:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Collinstephens wrote:
I know this is random, but the song Stones' song Indian Girl saved my life in January 2008. I was backpacking in the mountains, and got held down on the side of the mountain. During the night, the weather got down to horribly low temps, my water froze, and I was afraid for my life. During the night, I listened to my mp3 player and it was stuck on Indian Girl. I sung the lyrics over and over all night. I think it saved my life. Does anyone else have a story like this one?

******** ? ************

4th April 2008 01:39 AM
Child of the Moon Exile On Main Street, in its entirety. In all honesty? I would not be alive if not for that album.
4th April 2008 02:31 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Exile On Main Street, in its entirety. In all honesty? I would not be alive if not for that album.

Really? Why, did your parents get all freaky over that masterpiece and the by-product was you? Nah, in all seriousness that's cool too. I can't say I owe my life to a Stones song yet. But I hope I can owe something to their music other than it bringing my pleasure and inspiration in life.
4th April 2008 08:30 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Collinstephens wrote:

The He Man Emotional Rescue Lovers Society smiles upon this story!
4th April 2008 08:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

The He Man Emotional Rescue Lovers Society smiles upon this story!

"HMERLS Chairman's approved" post
5th April 2008 04:46 PM
gorda One time, I was driving to Arizona with my mom. It was late at night, and I started getting sleepy. We were stuck in the middle of traffic, so it was impossible to move to the side of the road. So, I blasted the music to wake myself up. I remember the song "Little Queenie" especially. My eyes kept trying to close, but Micky's voice kept forcing me to wake up. Finally, I was able to pull into a Motel 6 and fell asleep until the next day.
5th April 2008 04:57 PM
Joey " One time, I was driving to Arizona with my mom. It was late at night, and I started getting sleepy. We were stuck in the middle of traffic, so it was impossible to move to the side of the road. So, I blasted the music to wake myself up. I remember the song "Little Queenie" especially. My eyes kept trying to close, but Micky's voice kept forcing me to wake up. Finally, I was able to pull into a Motel 6 and fell asleep until the next day. "

5th April 2008 05:37 PM
mrhipfl One time I was cruising, listening to ABB, and I heard Mick scream, "You're running outta gas!" And I really was dangerously low on fuel. I probably would have run out had he not saved me.
7th April 2008 08:51 AM
delf I was driving with my girlfriend on a bumpy country road (too fast for the road conditions )and we were listening to Exile. During Shine a light I rolled her car 4 times. Car was totalled!! But we survived with minor injuries. I went to the wrecking yard a few days later to retrieve some belongings and my Exile cassette....put the tape in my car as we grove off and Soul Survivor was now on....Weird or what?
7th April 2008 07:24 PM
Sioux That is PROVIDENCE, delf. Good story.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)