ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

WE MOVED!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (N.S.C) New Raconteurs album to be 'rush released' next week Return to archive
18th March 2008 06:57 AM
Ade http://www.nme.com/news/the-raconteurs/35250

Jack White's 'other' band The Raconteurs are rush releasing their second album for next week (March 25).

The band have announced that their second LP, entitled 'Consolers Of The Lonely', will be "available everywhere" from Tuesday.

This includes vinyl and CD formats as well digital formats, although the band concede not every outlet will be able to meet their rapid release scale and some will have to "join as soon as they can".

The follow-up to 2006's 'Broken Boy Soldiers' features 14 tracks, and was completed the first week of March this year.

According to the band the record was "then taken immediately to a vinyl pressing plant. Then to a CD pressing plant. Then preparations to sell it digitally began. March 25 became the soonest date to have it available in EVERY FORMAT AT ONCE. The band have done no interviews or advertisements for this record before this announcement".

The group added that they wanted the sudden release so that everyone, fans and media, got the record at the same time "so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception".

The Raconteurs denied that the rush release was to counter an internet leak of the album, and they explained they would promote the record after its release.

"In the event that the record leaks, we didn't want this method of release to be seen as a reaction to such a leak," they explained. "It's not. The actual worst thing about a leak is the usual poor sound quality, akin to watching a movie on a wristwatch instead of in a theatre. Which for the album's creators is a bit of a letdown, but again, it is completely up to the listener."

A video for the single 'Salute Your Solution' will appear online on March 25 as well, although the band – featuring Jack White, Brendan Benson, Patrick Keeler and Little Jack Lawrence – prefer that fans download the album as a whole.

"The band also prefer that fans buy the album as a whole instead of breaking up the tracks, but until iTunes and other digital services allows bands to release their albums with the option of NOT breaking it up, it will be sold in that fashion on those particular sites," they said. "On the band's website however, the album will be sold in its entirety as mp3s at 320kb bit rate. Also in Japan, fans will be able to download the record via their mobile phones, as that is how a majority of recorded music is consumed there."

They concluded: "We hope not to confuse anyone with too many options, or deny them the formats that they like best. The Raconteurs feel very strongly that music has worth and should be treated as such. Thank you to all those who respect music in this fashion, and thank you to our label partners for working with us to get this album to fans in as many formats as possible all at once."
18th March 2008 01:33 PM
polytoxic Finally someone's clued in. Hats off to Jack White.

The four month promo-lead time for a release is such an outdated concept in the internet age.
Every single one of these big ticket releases would leak and the record companies, like the buffoons they are, would keep insisting that building hype is so important - but everyone would just download for free, not because they're cheap but because they're fans and want to hear it, and encouraged to do so by the hype the record companies were building. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Just put the fuckin' record out when it's done - such a simple concept.

[Edited by polytoxic]
18th March 2008 06:13 PM
Ade Looking forward to hearing this, their second album - it's got alot to live up to - their debut is great.
19th March 2008 08:41 AM
Ade more info, on the new album,
'The Consolers Of The Lonely'

http://www.nme.com/news/the-raconteurs/35265
25th March 2008 12:57 PM
Jeep

I'm listening the new album since half an hour and this is a pure gem !
Guitars everywhere.
The song Hold Up is soooo good !

Nice CD cover too.
26th March 2008 04:22 AM
Ade only had the chance to play it once, so far,
but i'm liking what i hear!

tour dates please!
1st April 2008 03:05 AM
Ade new U.S tour dates:-

....Meg they're playing your town!

DATE VENUE CITY
5/27/2008 930 Club Washington, DC
5/28/2008 930 Club Washington, DC
5/30/2008 Terminal 5 New York, NY
6/03/2008 Bank of America Pavillion Boston, MA
6/04/2008 Metropolis Montreal, QU
6/05/2008 Ricoh Colliseum Toronto, ON
6/07/2008 The Fillmore Detroit, MI
6/09/2008 Lifestyle Communities Amphitheater Columbus, OH
6/10/2008 National City Pavillion Cincinnati, OH
6/12/2008 The Pageant St. Louis, MO

1st April 2008 09:14 AM
polytoxic Cool, they're playing Toronto! The new album is really good. Combines the Stones' bluesy grit with Beatles harmonies, Zep riffery and Who dramatics.
HIghly recommended for anyone who likes the classic rock style and good ensemble playing.
2nd April 2008 04:30 PM
mrhipfl Just got the new album. It really rocks. They even covered Marianne Faithful. I'd say it's better than Icky Thump for sure.
2nd April 2008 06:36 PM
pdog I have a copy, and it is very, very good... Not really a sophmore effort, since all these guys have put out alot of albums, so IMO, this record, which I've played alot, and keeps getting better, is fantastic. I really can't say enough. I had to DL when I stumbled on it, during the SAL DL on piratebay. I'll buy a copy, so I won't be feeling like a theif.
3rd April 2008 12:33 AM
mrhipfl I can't stop listening to this thing. It blows their first album away. It's the most creative album I have heard in a very long time. It reminds me a lot of Beggars Banquet and Exile. My favorite song is "Carolina Drama." Bob Dylan could have written those lyrics.
3rd April 2008 01:12 PM
polytoxic
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
They even covered Marianne Faithful. I'd say it's better than Icky Thump for sure.

They do? I think it's Terry Reid (Rich Man's Blues). This album is getting better with every listen, BTW. I'm really grooving on it. Early contender for rock album of the year.

4th April 2008 09:26 AM
Ade yes, one of the best albums i've heard, so far this year.
4th April 2008 09:28 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Ade wrote:
yes, one of the best albums i've heard, so far this year.

Then you haven't heard Jackie's yet?

But this is a good record, I do admit...
4th April 2008 09:43 AM
Ade
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Then you haven't heard Jackie's yet?

No, not yet
but Kathleen Edwards is good!
4th April 2008 09:46 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Ade wrote:

No, not yet
but Kathleen Edwards is good!

You need me to send it to you? You MUST have it!
4th April 2008 09:59 AM
Ade i'll look to see if i can purchase it online, this weekend, and if i can't, there will be a cry for help, in your direction.
4th April 2008 10:08 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Ade wrote:
i'll look to see if i can purchase it online, this weekend, and if i can't, there will be a cry for help, in your direction.

Sure thing, Ade

By the way there is a good interview with Jackie up on youtube and a few songs from his CD release party on the Randon thread. Can't link it for you as youtube is blocked here at work...
Cheers
4th April 2008 10:22 AM
Ade thanks Meg- will check it out tonight.

are you seeing SAL tonight? - if so, have a great time.
11th April 2008 04:46 AM
Ade oh yeah!
this morning, managed to get tickets for the
London Hammersmith Apollo show, on May 14th,
before it sold out

currently, one of the best live bands in the world...
i can't wait!

[Edited by Ade]
11th April 2008 06:30 AM
Ade current tour schedule:-

* with Magic Wands
# with Birds of Avalon
~ with The Black Lips
+ with The Feiry Furnaces

14 Apr Mercy Lounge Nashville, Tennessee *
15 Apr Mercy Lounge Nashville, Tennessee *
20 Apr Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, British Columbia #
21 Apr Neumo’s Seattle, Washington #
22 Apr Wonder Ballroom Portland, Oregon #
23 Apr Bimbo’s 365 Club San Francisco, California #
25 Apr Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Indio, California
26 Apr The Joint Las Vegas, Nevada #
28 Apr The Fillmore Auditorium Denver, Colorado #
29 Apr Uptown Theatre Kansas City, Missouri #

1 May House of Blues Dallas, Texas #
2 May Stubb’s BBQ Austin, Texas #
3 May Stubb’s BBQ Austin, Texas #
4 May New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival New Orleans, Louisiana
14 May Hammersmith Apollo London, UK
15 May Carling Academy Liverpool, UK
27 May 930 Club Washington DC, Washington DC ~
28 May 930 Club Washington DC, Washington DC ~
30 May Terminal 5 New York, New York ~
31 May Terminal 5 New York, New York ~

1 Jun Terminal 5 New York, New York ~
3 Jun Bank of America Pavilion Boston, Massachusetts ~
4 Jun Metropolis Montreal, Quebec ~
5 Jun Ricoh Coliseum Toronto, Ontario ~
7 Jun The Fillmore Detroit, Michigan ~
9 Jun LC Amphitheater Columbus, Ohio ~
10 Jun National City Pavilion Cincinnati, OH, Ohio ~
12 Jun Pageant St. Louis, Missouri +
13 Jun Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival Manchester, Tennessee
26 Jun Hove Festival Arendal, Norway

4 Jul Heineken Opener Festival Gdynia, Poland
06 Jul Werchter Festival Werchter, Belgium
12 Jul T in The Park Kinross, Scotland
13 Jul Oxegen Festival Naas, Ireland

01 Aug Lollapalooza Grant Park Chicago, Illinois
23 Aug Reading Festival Reading, England
24 Aug Leeds Festival Leeds, England

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)