ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith to Ronnie: (One Kick) To the body Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th April 2007 03:03 PM
Mel Belli The Express

April 9, 2007 Monday
U.K. 1st Edition

Kicks Ronnie isn't living for;
DAY & NIGHT

BYLINE: EDITED BY KATHRYN SPENCER WITH LIZZIE CATT, KATY TAYLOR-RICHARDS AND HELEN DOWD

ROLLING STONE Ronnie Wood has been sober for several months after his latest spell in alcohol rehab - but it has brought him some grief from high-living bandmate Keith Richards.

"He doesn't like it that I'm sober now, " sighs Ronnie, 59. "I'm glad we're off tour. Being on stage in my new sober way is very difficult. Keith wanted his old sparring partner back and he was making it difficult for me. Then he kicked me on stage and, oh God!

"It was bleeding inside the muscle. I didn't realise until I couldn't walk." Ronnie says Keith told him later, "It was a friendly kick." He said sorry and gave him a hug. It's enough to drive you to drink.

9th April 2007 03:05 PM
jb Why is Keith acting like such an ass?
9th April 2007 03:06 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Why is Keith acting like such an ass?

Why do we believe all these web stories?
9th April 2007 03:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Why is Keith acting like such an ass?

stroke?
9th April 2007 03:10 PM
jb Being serious for one second, why has he become such a jerk? He constantly puts down Jagger, now he makes it hard for RW to keep sober(not to mention all the ridiculous quotes). What the hell happened to a guy that use to be the greatest riff player ever?
[Edited by jb]
9th April 2007 03:16 PM
gimmekeef He is losin it surely...years of booze catching up no doubt.But half of what we read out there is bs..so we have to discount much of it...As far as greatest riff player..No one has surpassed him....He's not what he once was but thats still better than whats out there....
9th April 2007 03:16 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
jb wrote:
Being serious for one second, why has he become such a jerk? He constantly puts down Jagger, now he makes it hard for RW to keep sober(not to mention all the ridiculous quotes). What the hell happened to a guy that use to be the greatest riff player ever?
[Edited by jb]

Throw in his dismissal of any and every young band as "load of crap, load of crap," and Keith, it would appear, has become a curmudgeon as well as a drunk. Not pretty, and not cool.
9th April 2007 03:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

stroke?

Presenile dementia?

9th April 2007 03:20 PM
Saint Sway Ronnie Wood has no place talking about any of the other Stones' behavior onstage

Keith probably kicked him bc he wasnt playing

and Ronnie was probably drunk at the time too

so put that in your wig and smoke it
9th April 2007 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Throw in his dismissal of any and every young band as "load of crap, load of crap," and Keith, it would appear, has become a curmudgeon as well as a drunk. Not pretty, and not cool.

Thats what I mean...he reputation is really taking a hit. You think he is trying to make up shit just for the sake of getting in the news...he never had to do that before, and he was still always in the news. maybe feels he has been overshadowed by Jagger?
9th April 2007 03:23 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Thats what I mean...he reputation is really taking a hit. You think he is trying to make up shit just for the sake of getting in the news...he never had to do that before, and he was still always in the news. maybe feels he has been overshadowed by Jagger?

YET...look at his speech at RNR HOF.
Eloquent and Sober.

I'm letting my eyes and ears be the judge, not newspaper reports.

LJ.
9th April 2007 03:25 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Ronnie Wood has no place talking about any of the other Stones' behavior onstage

Keith probably kicked him bc he wasnt playing

and Ronnie was probably drunk at the time too

so put that in your wig and smoke it

That may have been true in '97, even up to '99. Now, not so much.
Saint Sway Woody barely plays on most nights

for $500 a ticket we should each get to line up afterwards and kick him too
Mel Belli But Charlie's always good tonight...
9th April 2007 03:31 PM
Jumping Jack The kicking happened before AC2 and Ronnie could barely walk on stage. Keef felt so bad he played his ass off and it was probably his best night of the tour.
9th April 2007 03:33 PM
Saint Sway (below our hero, SirStonesalot, displays proper use of the Rockettes onstage leg kick

9th April 2007 03:35 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The kicking happened before AC2 and Ronnie could barely walk on stage. Keef felt so bad he played his ass off and it was probably his best night of the tour.

Hate to drag up old sores.(but I will)..but really isnt it AC1?....Do rescheduled shows count twice?.......lmao.....
9th April 2007 03:38 PM
marko When was the last time keith actually played something?
Instead of bending some off tune notes?
9th April 2007 04:55 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
(below our hero, SirStonesalot, displays proper use of the Rockettes onstage leg kick

Is that Jim Osterberg?
9th April 2007 05:21 PM
Saint Sway yeah its him. Just a little more orange looking these days
9th April 2007 06:10 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
yeah its him. Just a little more orange looking these days

His waistline is oddly feminine. He's almost got a FUPA.
9th April 2007 06:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

His waistline is oddly feminine. He's almost got a FUPA.

I see mullets, fat girls, orange spray tan, a dude wearing a Kangol hat, someone wearing suspenders... this picture must of been taken at a bar on the Long Island shore
9th April 2007 06:39 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I see mullets, fat girls, orange spray tan, a dude wearing a Kangol hat, someone wearing suspenders... this picture must of been taken at a bar on the Long Island shore

Iggy lives in Miami now, so maybe his orange glow is the real deal. He still looks like he's been irradiated.
9th April 2007 07:24 PM
fireontheplatter no comment.
the power of the press...is ridiculous.
9th April 2007 07:29 PM
BONOISLOVE Who's being an ass, and what for??
9th April 2007 07:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot FUPA?

I took a pic of someone else around Ig's age, who has a similar waistline...

Interesting...
9th April 2007 07:58 PM
glencar Wasn't this same story posted montsh ago? Recycling is good for the earth but not the internet!
9th April 2007 08:03 PM
Saint Sway looks like Igster pissed his pants
9th April 2007 08:22 PM
StonesChick What a difference in looks between Mick and Iggy.
Mick looks so darn elegant. Nice picture.
9th April 2007 09:16 PM
mrhipfl Did this kick happen around the same time as Ronnie was reported to have hip injury? I remember reading that he could barely walk on stage because he was hurting.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)