ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Korn Mic Stand and H.R. Giger Fans Return to archive
8th April 2007 05:11 PM
Highwire Rob Of course, one only needs to take a glance at Korn's radical mic stand to know it was H.R. Giger sculpted.

While I'm not a Korn fan, there's a great read here on the design partnership between singer, Jonathan Davis and the artist: http://www.hrgiger.com/music/korn.htm

Any Giger enthusiasts out there? What are your favorite creations?

Official site: http://www.hrgiger.com/
US site: www.giger.com/
Also, if you have Flash Player then load this (w/ a pinch of psychedelic): http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

I'm guessing there's some Jello Biafra content ahead.

[My regret is that I never had the $$$$ to buy that full-size alien replica from A Sharper Image.]

OH GOD! I HOPE WE WON'T OFFEND THE EASTER OBSERVANCE WITH THIS THREAD!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
8th April 2007 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter what the heck is he wearing in the uppr right photo...a long skirt..I DON'T THINK SOOOOOOO.
these guys are not me.....
8th April 2007 06:19 PM
Highwire Rob Yeah, FireOTP -- Upside-down cross to boot! But I don't intend that to be the topic--the picture is there for a sample of Giger's artwork.

quote:
A night terror, also known as pavor nocturnus, is a parasomnia sleep disorder characterized by extreme terror and a temporary inability to regain full consciousness. The subject wakes abruptly from the fourth stage of sleep, with waking usually accompanied by gasping, moaning, or screaming. It is often impossible to fully awaken the person, and after the episode the subject normally settles back to sleep without waking. A night terror can occasionally be recalled by the subject. They typically occur during non-REM sleep.

The most famous avowed sufferer of night terrors is probably H. R. Giger. . . .

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
8th April 2007 06:23 PM
Highwire Rob Oh yeah... Everybody say Owwwww!

Hows 'bout a Rocks Off Happy Hour drink here? ...

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
8th April 2007 06:29 PM
Bloozehound that's a wicked mic stand

I have the DK's Frankenchrist album in my old punk rock record collection at my parents house(I need to pick those up next time I'm there) I remember buying it when I was a kid and being all pissed that the giger poster wasn't in it
9th April 2007 07:31 AM
GotToRollMe I used to love his work in Heavy Metal. Fantastic stuff.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)