ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Bon Jovi action figure Return to archive
8th April 2007 09:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BON JOVI TO BE MADE INTO DOLLS

JON BON JOVI and his bandmate RICHIE SAMBORA will join the likes of KISS and OZZY OSBOURNE when action figure dolls are made in their likeness. The KEEP THE FAITH musicians have teamed up with MCFarlane Toys to create the dolls, which have been designed with clothing choices and facial expressions specific to the stars in mind. Fans of BON JOVI drummer TICO TORRES and keyboardist DAVID BRYAN however, will be disappointed to learn that they were left out of the plans.
08/04/2007 14:32
contactmusic.com

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
8th April 2007 09:44 AM
Gazza The dolls will probably make better records ....

Any chance they could be voodoo dolls? I'll buy my own pins....
[Edited by Gazza]
8th April 2007 09:52 AM
Trey Krimsin I doubt it Gazza. McFarlane Toys do make good action figures. The Kiss, Angus Young, Jimi Hendrix, and Ozzy Osbourne figures look very good. I never bought those figures and I don't think I'll even consider buying Bon Jovi figures.
8th April 2007 12:22 PM
GotToRollMe Now we know what to get Gazza for his birthday!
8th April 2007 03:39 PM
MICK_JAGGER Bon Jovi, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, a billion different versions of KISS, Jim Morrison, Elvis, Angus Young, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Slash, cartoon versions of the beatles etc etc. MCFarlane has been creating music figures for a while now, and a company called NECA is following in their footsteps, bringing an AC/DC boxset, Kurt Kobain, Jimi Page, Freddy Mercury, John Lennon, and Iron Maiden.

HOWEVER, what i dont get, is why there arnt any Stones figures. They'd be amazing, figures now from 2006 ABB tour, and figures from like..72 when they were young and reckless.

Either a company hasnt approached the stones with an idea like that...or the stones wont sell/sign off their likenesses, i dont know. I think the stones should get together with NECA and do the same thing Bon Jovi is doing. Hell, if Bon Jovi deserves action figures of themselves, the stones sure as hell do too, the stones are very..characture like, something the beatles lacked, a defining feature to each of themselves, makes them stand out and original.

I think Rolling Stones action figures would really sell, each coming with a microhpone stand, different guitars, amps, mic with a couple hats maybe from the tour, different outfits, charlie with his entire drum kit, moving base with the plexiglass, haha

PS: i wouldnt mind seeing Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson action figures either, amazing musical icons, deserving figures.
8th April 2007 04:05 PM
Trey Krimsin They did have Michael Jackson dolls back in the '80's. I did have one of those, but Emmanuel Lewis was not included.
8th April 2007 06:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
MICK_JAGGER wrote:
HOWEVER, what i dont get, is why there arnt any Stones figures. They'd be amazing, figures now from 2006 ABB tour, and figures from like..72 when they were young and reckless.

If you want Stones dolls, you can find some on rs.com. They're vile.

Seriously - you think having action figures of your favourite rock n roll band is some kind of badge of honour?
8th April 2007 07:12 PM
Highwire Rob
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)