ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How to listen the Rolling Stones in space Return to archive
7th April 2007 12:42 PM
Jeep Soyuz spacecraft 'll be launched next night in Kazakhstan (Hi Borat !)

-----------------------------------------------

Simonyi ready for space tourist trek
By Reuters
Published: April 4, 2007, 9:14 AM PDT

http://news.com.com/Simonyi+ready+for+space+tourist+trek/2100-11397_3-6173226.html

BAIKONUR, Kazakhstan--Going into space is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and for U.S. space tourist Charles Simonyi it's also a "back to the future" adventure.

Hungarian-born Simonyi used a Soviet computer to learn programming decades ago and he is now preparing to lift off aboard a Soviet-era spaceship on Saturday.

"The circle has closed. We are back to the future, and this is great," Simonyi, a founding father of Microsoft software, told reporters at the Soviet-built Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on Wednesday.

"I think what's great," he said, "is that now the Russian program is more open than anything."

Simonyi will take old paper tapes from his Soviet-built Ural-2 computer into space after keeping them to remind him of his past.

Once he had emigrated to the United States, he joined Microsoft, then a start-up company, in 1981 and made a fortune developing what became its most profitable applications.

Simonyi, 58, is due to blast off to the International Space Station (ISS) with two Russian cosmonauts--Fyodor Yurchikhin and Oleg Kotov--aboard the Soyuz TMA-10 spacecraft.

Simonyi paid about $25 million for the 11-day space tourism adventure and spent several months preparing for the flight, undergoing physical training and learning Russian at a Soviet-era training center, known as Star City, near Moscow.

Simonyi will also take a number of books to the ISS to start a library as well as digital recordings of classical music, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Martha Stewart is preparing gourmet food for the jaunt.

Taking a walk around a Baikonur compound, Simonyi looked relaxed, laughing and joking with his fellow astronauts.

"It's going to be a good day," he said. "I am looking forward to it. Everybody is happy."

Yurchikhin added: "The weather is good, the mood is good." The three later played table tennis and pool.

Simonyi, who now runs his own software company, Intentional Software, said he would get back to his life-long devotion--computers--as soon as he gets back from space.

"My dream is to make my company very, very successful," he said. "I am looking forward to getting back to work."
7th April 2007 03:07 PM
fireontheplatter there are a few thing i won't do in life and or a simply terrified to try. one of them is going into space and another is parachuting out of a plane even if it is a tandem jump.
oh yeah....and bungee jumping......

nah....i'd rather go rock climbing and mountain biking.
7th April 2007 06:24 PM
Saint Sway Beatles?????

oh great, another crazy diaper wearing astroNUT
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)