ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith will not join the rest of the cast in promoting "Pirates of the Caribbean" Return to archive
7th April 2007 10:33 AM
moy Keith Richards Unpredictable? No Way!
April 7, 2007

Keith Richards reportedly will not join the rest of the cast in promoting "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" after telling an interviewer that he mixed his dead dad's ashes with cocaine and snorted it.

Concerned Walt Disney Studio bosses have decided the Rolling Stones guitarist is too unpredictable. Dennis Rice, Disney's senior vice president for publicity, said, "When [a senior Disney publicist] forwarded the ashes story to me, I thought, `How are we going to spin this?'

"Keith won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie."

Richards has a much-anticipated cameo as Teague Sparrow, the father of pirate Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp. Meanwhile, he has insisted his comments about sniffing his dad were a joke.

He issued a statement through his publicist: "I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide. The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes, and he [his father Bert] is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!"
7th April 2007 12:28 PM
Martha Egads...this is ridiculous. Keef too unpredictable ehh? I'm ready to go back in time.....back to the golden era of rnr.

Unpredictable. Lame!
7th April 2007 12:31 PM
Moonisup well, it would be sad to see him doing promotion for Disney
7th April 2007 12:34 PM
Martha
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
well, it would be sad to see him doing promotion for Disney

I hate Disney.

They do not rule the world.

Indeed not.
7th April 2007 12:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
7th April 2007 12:52 PM
Martha
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

ROTFLOL! TTM you made my day!

xxoo,
MM
7th April 2007 01:00 PM
Gazza The film is out on May 25th. Keith has a small role in it

The Stones tour starts on June 5th. They rehearse before it

And the surprise is..what?
7th April 2007 01:36 PM
Martha Keef is "blowing" Disney off!
7th April 2007 05:28 PM
Saint Sway time to unfreeze old Walt, grind him up and snort him
7th April 2007 06:02 PM
Mel Belli Thank God for small mercies.
8th April 2007 12:09 PM
gimmekeef I'm glad the senior dipwads at Disney are looking out for our morals....Me?..I'm just hoping Keith hits the stage with the same vigour he showed at the Rock and Roll induction a few weeks ago....
8th April 2007 12:55 PM
fireontheplatter i sure hope keith can act better than mick...i am waiting, with baited breath.
9th April 2007 10:43 AM
jb I stated he should never have gotten involved in this project, but many of you were so happy.
9th April 2007 10:47 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
jb wrote:
I stated he should never have gotten involved in this project, but many of you were so happy.

9th April 2007 12:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I stated he should never have gotten involved in this project, but many of you were so happy.

9th April 2007 12:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man He'll be touring of course, but maybe Disney do'nt want him to mention it in concerts.
9th April 2007 01:19 PM
gimmekeef I went to the Disney Store to buy some Keith Hair Lures....they were sold out.....who knew?
9th April 2007 01:54 PM
Irresistible-Lady hehe i can imagine the find him a bit to unpredicticale. But that from the ashes is a good joke :-}
9th April 2007 02:17 PM
StonesChick No surprising at all!
Years ago I worked at Disney doing a college internship, it was interesting and a lot of their employees are great people...nothing like some of these dweebs. But as us college kids use to go to work in the Magic Kingdom day after day, we would kid about how you NEVER hear anything bad happening at Disney....I mean with all the crime in that area, not to mention chances of accidents, not a single thing ever went wrong there....very suspicious. We used to get bulletins everyday to put behind the counters describing people in the park using counterfeit money, but that was it. We used to laugh about their control of that place...very suspicious lol
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)