ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th April 2007 04:22 PM
pdog
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Jim Jones who just happened to get away with it. But I must admit I do enjoy the architecture.

Huh?

oh well...

La La sings, "You Really Got ME"!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
6th April 2007 04:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Jim Jones who just happened to get away with it. But I must admit I do enjoy the architecture.

This was built on the site of his SF church. Disaster waiting to happen. . . .
6th April 2007 05:00 PM
glencar Postal workers are nuts!
6th April 2007 05:06 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Postal workers are nuts!

no mass suicides... They got that going for them!
6th April 2007 05:11 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote

La La sings, "You Really Got ME"!

is this doll thing as annoying as the barney doll?
6th April 2007 05:15 PM
Lazy Bones What's really sad is that while we're all here - some longer and more dedicated than others - with the Stones as our common thread, we all talk as if we're friends and a close-knit community. "Family", as many put it.

Once someone finds themself with their foot in their mouth because they've offended someone, suddenly it's a "public board" - no more family; no close-knit association; no nothing. The shoulders go up and they can do no wrong. Are people really too good to offer an apology?

A short while ago, someone started a thread about "first posts" by members. Interested, I searched back through the archives. What I saw, was a time when people on this board really cared for the Stones and each other. Appreciation threads didn't exist because while the message board was new, refreshing and unique, people had a stronger sense of community and had a genuine Stones-related place to share with others.

While my post count isn't as high and many others, I'm an original member of this board and Goin Home. Over the years I've seen members come, and more sadly, go. I no longer question why.

Do I care what people think about my faith? No. Do people know my faith? No. Do they stop to think if my reply was serious, or just a joke to see what kind of response I'd get? No. Unfortunately, we've seen the reactions of people who don't care about others, just themselves. It's too bad that with religion and politics aside, people can't treat each other with respect and dignity. If you offend someone, rather than saying sorry, they say screw you.

Carry on...
6th April 2007 05:23 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
What's really sad is that while we're all here - some longer and more dedicated than others - with the Stones as our common thread, we all talk as if we're friends and a close-knit community. "Family", as many put it.

Once someone finds themself with their foot in their mouth because they've offended someone, suddenly it's a "public board" - no more family; no close-knit association; no nothing. The shoulders go up and they can do no wrong. Are people really too good to offer an apology?

A short while ago, someone started a thread about "first posts" by members. Interested, I searched back through the archives. What I saw, was a time when people on this board really cared for the Stones and each other. Appreciation threads didn't exist because while the message board was new, refreshing and unique, people had a stronger sense of community and had a genuine Stones-related place to share with others.

While my post count isn't as high and many others, I'm an original member of this board and Goin Home. Over the years I've seen members come, and more sadly, go. I no longer question why.

Do I care what people think about my faith? No. Do people know my faith? No. Do they stop to think if my reply was serious, or just a joke to see what kind of response I'd get? No. Unfortunately, we've seen the reactions of people who don't care about others, just themselves. It's too bad that with religion and politics aside, people can't treat each other with respect and dignity. If you offend someone, rather than saying sorry, they say screw you.

Carry on...

would a lazy bones appreciation thread make you feel any better?
6th April 2007 05:32 PM
pdog ever since I was very young, I've always founf this image disturbing, and I'm of the opinion, that the bible and the christian religion, for the most part worship violence and believe in a vengeful god, that will one day destroy all... I've never demanded an apology or told anyone the don't have the freedom to believe in something I found offensive and a perversion of spirituality.
It's a two way street, and maybe those who believe in these so called religions and pray to these Gods, need to show someone like myself some respect too...
This, is the most disgusting and offensive image in the world.
We are seeing a man who willingly allowed himself to be killed, in no way tried to save his own life, and millions now wear and pray to the murder of this man on a cross and await the vengance of God, for this crime, as written in the bible...
And poking fun at this is offensive...? Why don't you step back and look at it from the other perspective!
Like I said earlier, I pray to a god, that I'm convinced doesn't exist. There's no dogma, no hatred towards others, no self loathing or vengance. I'd say it takes way more faith for me to do that, than to look upon a dying christ and judge others, that's just me...
How would christians treat a person today woh allowed themselves to be tortured and killed? I'd say it's pretty crazy... Where's the faith?
[Edited by pdog]
6th April 2007 05:47 PM
tumbled pdog it is a very disturbing image because it depicts how people will destroy and betray someone who wanted love and peace in the world and that is why it is so sad and where the faith comes in is that his soul is back in the creative force of god now which you either believe or you don't its up to you. noone is shoving the holiday down your throat, its a free country. I don't understand why you are so upset. its true that religion and politics shouldn't mix but they seem to always do, if we do not have openmindedness we mayz well do ourselves in now. don't you agree?
6th April 2007 05:53 PM
fireontheplatter i need to chime in.....
i agree with pdogs thinking.

my landlord is a hardcore christian, but he never ever once told me i should go to church because maybe you'll meet a nice girl.
i used to help this guy in boulder, co. 3-4 years ago. he was a great guy and we shared laughs and beers and shots together from time to time. it was after the 4th or 5th time he suggested i go to church and meet some new people...i was like yeah ok, i'll think about it...and the next time he did this i asked him not to call me again. he was a great guy, don't get me wrong

so, i guess what i am trying to say is..people should not ever shove their beliefs down other peoples throats.

.....people believe what they want to believe even if it makes no sense at all....... john cougar mellencamp.
6th April 2007 06:01 PM
pdog
quote:
tumbled wrote:
pdog it is a very disturbing image because it depicts how people will destroy and betray someone who wanted love and peace in the world and that is why it is so sad and where the faith comes in is that his soul is back in the creative force of god now which you either believe or you don't its up to you. noone is shoving the holiday down your throat, its a free country. I don't understand why you are so upset. its true that religion and politics shouldn't mix but they seem to always do, if we do not have openmindedness we mayz well do ourselves in now. don't you agree?

I'm not upset, and I strongly believe in people's rights to religion and spirituality.
I do disagree with you saying Jesus was betrayed.... Jesus predicted his own betrayal, and didn't flea or fight back, instead he submitted... Wouldn't that be considered crazy? I find the image of the cricifixation grotesque, and it is very odd, to me, that is what is worshipped... I'm not trying to blanket christianity, I know too many people who are christians who I respect alot. They are usually people who talk little and lead through example. It's the people who focus on the rapture, say everyone is born a sinner and focus on events like the crucifixtion, instead of the charitable work Jesus did. It is the self loathing and vengeful god part I find odd and unspiritual. Anf all religions, have these far fetched stories... So I found a belief system even more far fetched, a belief in god, knowing there isn't a god.... I still await that leap of faith to be toped by any flying horses, parting of a sea or resurection.
6th April 2007 07:49 PM
sirmoonie This thread is fucking offensive, nordering on obscene.
6th April 2007 07:50 PM
sirmoonie I mean bordering on obscene, not nordering on obscene. Anyway, its goddam fucking offensive.
6th April 2007 07:54 PM
sirmoonie "Suffer the little children to come unto me."

Those were your words, Nazarene. Not mine, bud. Not mine.
6th April 2007 08:29 PM
mrhipfl If there is a god, "service to your fellow man is the best way to do service to god." - Benjamin Franklin
6th April 2007 09:08 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
If there is a god, "service to your fellow man is the best way to do service to god." - Benjamin Franklin

wonderful
6th April 2007 09:29 PM
BILL PERKS I AVOID CHURCH RELIGIOUSLY
6th April 2007 09:53 PM
pdog
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
If there is a god, "service to your fellow man is the best way to do service to god." - Benjamin Franklin

That's exactly what Jesus talked about...
6th April 2007 10:40 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:

well then, please excuse my ignorance.
6th April 2007 10:52 PM
sirmoonie Oh my Father, Lord of Silence, Supreme God of Desolation, though mankind reviles yet aches to embrace, strengthen my purpose to save the world from a second ordeal of Jesus Christ and his grubby mundane creed. Show man instead the raptures of Thy kingdom. Infuse in him the grandeur of melancholy, the divinity of loneliness, the purity of evil, the paradise of pain.
6th April 2007 10:57 PM
Starbuck HHour, 6:30 AM, June 6, 1944: a platoon of about 30 guys is sandwiched into an LST that is racing towards omaha beach at about 15 knotts per hour. it is lurching back and forth, guys are puking in their helmets and getting absolutely sick. as the shore comes into view, they can see the machine gun nests start to open up and the mortars begin to drop, and they know instantaneously they are going to die. nevertheless, they press forward and keep going until a shell lands directly on their LST. all aboard are killed.

they knew they were going to die. they knew they had to die. yet they willingly walked into the line of fire and sacrificed themselves for the good of the whole. i think that if christians are right (a big if, mind you) and jesus was the son of god, this is what was going through his mind as he strapped on the cross to walk the via dolorosa, crown of thorns poking into his scalp and making the blood flow all down his face. it had to be that way for humanity to be saved.

you ever read pascal's wager pdog? it's right up your alley.

where's wikipedia boy when you need him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
6th April 2007 11:47 PM
Shawn20
quote:
pdog wrote:

Jesus said many things. If you believe all Jesus spoke about was "All you need is love," you're badly mistaken. This is a music board - more specifically a Rolling Stone's board. Why bring up religion at all? Your opening statement would be offensive during any time of the year, but considering it is Easter weekend - it just shows a lack of taste, pure and simple.
7th April 2007 01:13 AM
sirmoonie Anyone remember that Bugs Bunny cartoon where he was saying "I want an Easter egg! I want an Easter egg!"

Well, he did, so truly think about that this Christmas, instead of all this sniping and offensiveness.
7th April 2007 01:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Shawn20 wrote:

Jesus said many things. If you believe all Jesus spoke about was "All you need is love," you're badly mistaken. This is a music board - more specifically a Rolling Stone's board. Why bring up religion at all? Your opening statement would be offensive during any time of the year, but considering it is Easter weekend - it just shows a lack of taste, pure and simple.

Service to man, to be spiritual is in bad taste? If that's my crime on Easter, your burning in hell for being an asshole on Easter!
7th April 2007 01:40 AM
sirmoonie Seriously, with this Easter stuff, and all the ashes? Is that good or bad? They tell me every year, but I'm always too drunk to remember.

I hope its good. Because of god and all that.
7th April 2007 01:51 AM
God Almighty I've started a new world, where the people aren't such cry babies and idiots!
Consider yourselves forlorn.
Thank you for attention to this message.
7th April 2007 01:55 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
God Almighty wrote:
I've started a new world, where the people aren't such cry babies and idiots!
Consider yourselves forlorn.
Thank you for attention to this message.

Last Halloween, I woke up on my driveway with some punk kid bashing a fucking pumpkin on my head yelling "Wake up Daddy! Wake up Daddy!" I got a cab right back to the work-house and haven't been home since - who needs that stuff on a holiday? I mean for Christ's fucking sakes.
7th April 2007 01:56 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I hope its good. Because of god and all that.

Drunk is good, god likes that!
7th April 2007 01:57 AM
GotToRollMe Shouldn't that be, "Consider yourselves forewarned?"
Just, ya know, checking.
I wouldn't wanna be forlorn if I don't have to.
7th April 2007 02:07 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

Drunk is good, god likes that!

He certainly seems to - look at the smorgo-board - we got it all her on earth - smack, weed, smacko, green-smack, chills, booze, shrooms, lysergic, beer, blue bennies, purple heads, sliders, tequila, marijuana (now hyrdoponic), Irn Bru, Ecstasy, phenobarbital, oxycontin, New Orleans sugar, porgamos, dilauded, 'ludes, mash, hash oil, and even toesies. They even sell that stuff at a discount in the countries that allegedly god hates. I think there is god's love all over. Especially on this day that Jesus Christ died. Or lived. I don't really know, but the love is there. I just proved it.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)