ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th April 2007 09:43 PM
Starbuck i would like to take this time to personally thank our lord and saviour jesus for giving himself for the salvation on humankind, and for his troubles GIVING ME THE #@!$ING DAY OFF TOMORROW!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i shall now retire to the basement with a jug of church wine and some holy nilla wafers to ponder the existence of humanity with exile #@!$in' cranked on the box.

if anyone needs me i will be reciting the hail maryanne faithfulls and singing the hymn "pontious pilet it bleed".

god bless.

[Edited by Starbuck]
5th April 2007 09:49 PM
nappyrags sorry...easter's been cancelled...they found the body

or...

what did jesus say when on the cross?

"what a lousy way to spend spring break!"
5th April 2007 09:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
5th April 2007 09:53 PM
BILL PERKS http://joelosteen.lakewood.cc/site/PageServer?pagename=JOM_homepage

REPENT
5th April 2007 09:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
REPENT

5th April 2007 09:54 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
nappyrags wrote:

what did jesus say when on the cross?

"Hey, I can see my house from here!"
5th April 2007 10:13 PM
Lazy Bones I hate to be a pooper, but I thought ROers had a little more taste than offering these types of disrepectful remarks - joking or otherwise.

This is a bit too far.

If you're not Christian, I respect that. The least I can ask for is the same in return.
5th April 2007 11:27 PM
sirmoonie Lets be fucking serious about Jesus here for a moment, anyone who climbs a mountain and talks to burning bushes and then comes down talking about 10 commandments written on stone tablets is either Mormon or on shrooms. There really is no two ways about it. At least thats what god told me.
5th April 2007 11:31 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Lets be fucking serious about Jesus here for a moment, anyone who climbs a mountain and talks to burning bushes and then comes down talking about 10 commandments written on stone tablets is either Mormon or on shrooms. There really is no two ways about it. At least thats what god told me.

LOL! You're kidding right moonie? I mean you do know that........ahhh nevermind.

Riffy
5th April 2007 11:40 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! You're kidding right moonie? I mean you do know that........ahhh nevermind.

Riffy

He was overated, man. O' vo' rated. Silly looking liberal Jew guy who auto-capitulated to geeky Guineas. Plus he was nuttier than the Nazi-Pope - if you can turn a fish into wine, why do you need to be getting all that holier than thou attitude all the time? Get an eye for an eye, hucking stones at whores, all that stuff? QTF? Explain that to me, my friend. Explain that.
6th April 2007 01:56 AM
Starbuck Lazy Bones?

http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp...229&P=0&T=97229
6th April 2007 02:29 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Lets be fucking serious about Jesus here for a moment, anyone who climbs a mountain and talks to burning bushes and then comes down talking about 10 commandments written on stone tablets is either Mormon or on shrooms. There really is no two ways about it. At least thats what god told me.

That was Moses... Jesus wasn't even immaculated yet! I know Jesus was Jewish like Moses, but Moses was like classic rock and Jesus was punk rock... The Mormons, they are New Wave... Easter is cool, I get my kids amped on sugar and send them out looking for colored eggs... Like Xmas, these holidays aren't very spritual from my perspective... I just notice people drinking heavily...
6th April 2007 04:34 AM
Gazza
I cant take part in an "appreation" thread because there's no such word

I hope you can all appreciate that.
6th April 2007 10:11 AM
MrPleasant My breath is especially stinky today.
6th April 2007 10:30 AM
Saint Sway Jesus was on shrooms
6th April 2007 10:46 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

That was Charlton Heston!

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
6th April 2007 11:55 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

That was Charlton Heston!

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]

Or those damn dirty apes......
6th April 2007 12:10 PM
BONOISLOVE This thread makes Bono cry!!
6th April 2007 12:30 PM
Shawn20 This thread is in poor taste.
6th April 2007 02:24 PM
pdog
quote:
Shawn20 wrote:
This thread is in poor taste.

I think the people walking up and down my street ringing doorbells today is in way worse taste. This is a Rolling Stones message board, you are here by choice... While I have to be pre-emptive and tell these welll meaning assholes if they ring my bell, they wake up my sleeping baby. And then , still have to tell them I'm not interested in any religion that goes around ringing door bells. Are these people retarded? If they are all that stands between me and an eternity of fire and pain, than the war on terror is truly lost. Send me to Jesus Camp now!

I have no problem with Keith's snorting Daddy's ashes story or dissing these fairy tale religions around here, if it thins out the herds, so be it, actually, I encourage it. Too many stupid uptight fans IMO. Hello, Rolling Stones... Sex Drugs and FUCK YOU!
The story of Jesus is about a martyr, that means he wanted to die, needed to die, to fulfill his purpose. It's fucking insane to actually be so uptight defending such a retarded basis for a religion.... Islam, a flying fucking horse. Judism, splitting the sea... If you have a strong enough spiritual foundation, like I do, then it shouldn't bother you. If this thread offends your religous beliefs, then that means your beliefs are weak, and you haven't fully given yourself to Jesus. you must be born again and devout your life to him, and his message, so get off my internet and go save some souls by ringing doorbells.

If people making jokes about a man who willingly went to the cross to die in a public execution, so he could rise from the dead later... bothers you, you might be retarded!
6th April 2007 02:28 PM
glencar Wait, first you're angry that people are ringing your doorbell all day & then you encourage this guy to start ringing doorbells himself? Doesn't add up. And if you're going to start impugning others' religious beliefs don't cry when it gets returned to you in whatever form. BTW I find this thread juvenile & in poor taste myself. But that's what makes RO interesting & places like Shidddooobbbbeee boring.
6th April 2007 02:30 PM
gimmekeef I have always thought Jesus was the most under appreciated of the Alou brothers.....
6th April 2007 02:42 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wait, first you're angry that people are ringing your doorbell all day & then you encourage this guy to start ringing doorbells himself? Doesn't add up.

Ironic sarcasm my friend.... I stand by my statements, if your faith is so weak, it is easily offended by a post on a Stones message board, than you probably shouldn't be on the message board. You need to be strengthening your faith, recruiting soldiers for Jesus' army or something....
This is exactly why I beleive I'm far superior in my spiritual beliefs. They are personal, non dogmatic and can be shared with others w/o being created by another. And it doesn't matter, b/c there's no God anyway, I beleive in God, even though i know there is no god. That is faith... And goes way beyond these fairy tales religions created...
True faith is believing, when you know it ain't so!
[Edited by pdog]
6th April 2007 02:44 PM
monkey_man
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I have always thought Jesus was the most under appreciated of the Alou brothers.....

Moises isn't doing much for the Mets these days. . . .
6th April 2007 02:49 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Ironic sarcasm my friend.... I stand by my statements, if your faith is so weak, it is easily offended by a post on a Stones message board, than you probably shouldn't be on the message board. You need to be strengthening your faith, recruiting soldiers for Jesus' army or something....
This is exactly why I beleive I'm far superior in my spiritual beliefs. They are personal, non dogmatic and can be shared with others w/o being created by another. And it doesn't matter, b/c there's no God anyway, I beleive in God, even though i know there is no god. That is faith... And goes way beyond these fairy tales religions created...
True faith is believing, when you know it ain't so!
[Edited by pdog]

As I said, I find the initial stuff juvenile but it is still somewhat humorous. Like the best Survivor episodes! And I don't think that just because someone IS offended that their faith is weak. Sometimes a rotten apple is a rotten apple is a rotten apple. Anywho, I gots to go. Happy Easter/Passover!
6th April 2007 02:58 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
As I said, I find the initial stuff juvenile but it is still somewhat humorous. Like the best Survivor episodes! And I don't think that just because someone IS offended that their faith is weak. Sometimes a rotten apple is a rotten apple is a rotten apple. Anywho, I gots to go. Happy Easter/Passover!

I do think being offended by jokes at your religion is a sign of weakness, especially if that religion is about glorifying the beating and murder of one man... I find it perplexing, that a person walks around with a piece jewelry hanging around their neck, depicting a mans murder on a cross, and this same person will actaully give a shit about a man who sucks another mans cock in the privacy of bus stations bathroom stall....

This season of Survivor is rad....
6th April 2007 03:11 PM
jb and I am still dripping.
6th April 2007 03:42 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I hate to be a pooper, but I thought ROers had a little more taste than offering these types of disrepectful remarks - joking or otherwise.

This is a bit too far.

If you're not Christian, I respect that. The least I can ask for is the same in return.

there is always the blue oyster cult message boards for you.. until this one runs it course.
6th April 2007 03:46 PM
THE GRIM REAPER NO! FEAR ME!
6th April 2007 04:08 PM
72Tele Jim Jones who just happened to get away with it. But I must admit I do enjoy the architecture.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)