ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A question about the Doors reissues Return to archive
5th April 2007 09:28 PM
Jethrostone I didn't know until today that the Doors albums have been reissued back in March. I just got the Waiting For The Sun remastered CD. I haven't listened to it yet and I will but I'm reading reviews saying there are new vocals or they sound the same as the original ones. It does say remix and it sounds more clean which is getting me to buy the other ones, although I own their others from the original ones from 1990 or 1999. But if I'm hearing they are different, I don't want them and I'd like to get the old version of WFTS. Help?
5th April 2007 09:49 PM
GotToRollMe You could try here:

http://www.rocksoff.gemm.com/c/search.pl?currency=US&filt_skip=1&search_detailed=1&artist=doors&title=waiting+for+the+sun&media=ANY&a_country_radio=ANY&a_country=&price_radio=ANY&price=&new_date_radio=ANY&new_date=&quant_on_hand=-1&condition_media=ANY&label=elektra&release_number=&produce_remix=&category=&source_item_ref=&a_refno=&seller_country=&seller=&command=Search

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
5th April 2007 11:52 PM
guitarman53 Their recordings have been re-issued so many times, it's unreal, the record Co. is making a fortune, every few years they come up with another C.D. or Box Set or video, the remaining other members must get a lot of royalty from all of this.
6th April 2007 02:32 AM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
You could try here:

http://www.rocksoff.gemm.com/c/search.pl?currency=US&filt_skip=1&search_detailed=1&artist=doors&title=waiting+for+the+sun&media=ANY&a_country_radio=ANY&a_country=&price_radio=ANY&price=&new_date_radio=ANY&new_date=&quant_on_hand=-1&condition_media=ANY&label=elektra&release_number=&produce_remix=&category=&source_item_ref=&a_refno=&seller_country=&seller=&command=Search

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

Waiting For The Sun(North Korea Lp Unique Monocromatic Grey Ps) (LP)

Kim Jung (License to) Ill

Wuurd!
6th April 2007 08:01 AM
Jethrostone Alrgihty. I've listened to the album. It's pretty good. However, I am hearing talk clips in the beginning of songs that I've already heard such as "Hello, I Love You", "Five To One", and "The Unknown Soilder". I hope the 1999 remasters stay in print.

By the way, I noticed that my copy of The Soft Parade is actually not the 1999 version. I got it last year from the same store I got WFTS from. I think I'll get the 1999 version of that.
6th April 2007 08:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man The 1999 remised versions sound fantastic. I only have LA Woman from that series unfortunately, but it blows away the other Doors CD's I have.

I haven't read anything bad about the latest 40th Anniversary editions really. As far as I was aware, they'd just been re-packaged and had bonus tracks added. I didn't think there was any difference in sound to the '99 remasters.

What does really bug me about the Doors is the amount of bloody best of's they keep throwing at us. If you look on Amazon, you'll probably find about 4 different collections. It's utterly ridiculous and especially considering that they are about three different versions of this latest compilation.
7th April 2007 03:25 AM
corgi37 I thought these re-issued, re-issues also had bonus clips on each cd. Wonder what happened to that idea?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)