ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When You Popped Your Thread Cherry... Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st March 2007 12:04 PM
_Boomy_ http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/06%2D16%2D2002/86596-1.html

This was the first thread I ever started.

Holy shit, was I an idiot. I haven't improved much!
31st March 2007 01:22 PM
PartyDoll MEG Honey..how much searching did you have to do to find that "wonderful" thread?!!!!

Now me...I'm too lazy to look
31st March 2007 01:35 PM
pdog I'm with Meg, I'm too lazy to work at proving, that everyone knows I'm a idiot.
31st March 2007 02:00 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Honey..how much searching did you have to do to find that "wonderful" thread?!!!!

Now me...I'm too lazy to look

About 5 minutes. Selected the links closest to my sign-on date.
31st March 2007 02:19 PM
moy love the header

31st March 2007 02:39 PM
Brainbell Jangler What a disappointment this thread is. I was all set to tell the story of the beautiful 19-year-old "older woman" who took me on my first acid trip in high school.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
31st March 2007 03:08 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
What a disappointment this thread is. I was all set to tell the story of the beautiful 19-year-old "older woman" who took me on my first acid trip in high school.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]

oh please do tell....i would love to hear this story. hang on a sec, i gotta go grab a beer.
31st March 2007 03:10 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/06%2D16%2D2002/86596-1.html

This was the first thread I ever started.

Holy shit, was I an idiot. I haven't improved much!

i think you have come a long way since then. you had but one reply and this already has 6-8....well on its way to 500.

congrats
31st March 2007 06:33 PM
_Boomy_ My brief review of the January 22, 2003 Stones show at the United Center (Chicago, IL).

01-23-03 11:24 AM

Boomhauer Just got back from my Engineering Comm. and Quality Control classes. I've had 2 hours of sleep since the concert. Traveled 3 hours to UC, 3 hours back (with piss breaks and stuff like that not included).

Anyway, I thought it was a great show. I am still a little ticked that we didn't get to hear CYHMK or MR. I still think there was time for one of these songs.

But the show was a-rockin'. Other than Mick's lyrical slips on Bitch (he did the "sometimes I'm so shy.......don't have no bark or bite, alright" bit two or three times.), everything was cool. Oh wait, on Thru and Thru, the sound guys fucked something up (screeching speakers) and Keith was looking back at Charlie or Ronnie.

On the B-Stage, I saw that Keith was pissed about something. It's like he was just standing their, looking around, and not playing. Then it seems as though he went to turn down Mick's guitar OR turn his up. Then Mick did this little "kick in the butt" to Keith and flipped the switch with his foot. BTW, this only happened during Whip. I thought it was funny.

I think people were a little upset that we didn't get another song (basically, mad about not hearing HTW). But the crowd was weak anyway.

Funny thing happened. I was in section 303 and these two guys were about to rip each other's heads off because the one guy was standing and the other told him to "Sit the fuck down!"

01-23-03 11:36 AM

Boomhauer Forgot one thing.

Mick saying, "It's so fucking cold outside you could freeze your balls off" was, as Tony Kornheiser says, classic.

I did freeze my balls off (and my face, hands, ears) as I walked to the damn UC. Bloody, blimey fucking cold, man!!!
01-23-03 11:58 AM

1st April 2007 10:23 AM
glencar That thread might have had more than one response. I've noticed that the archives don't include all the posts. But yes, it was a weak effort all the same. I ahve no idea when my first thread was or what it about.
1st April 2007 11:42 AM
Riffhard This is not my first post but it does bring back some fond memeories. The halcyon days of Rocks Off. There was a time when this site was only about love. Love damnit!

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/05-13-2002/71866-1.html

Hard to believe this was five years ago! Seems like just yesterday.

Riffy
1st April 2007 11:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks again for the rocks off mention during the pc that was coooooooooool
1st April 2007 11:48 AM
Riffhard
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Thanks again for the rocks off mention during the pc that was coooooooooool

LOL! No sweat G! I'll do again should the situation present itself!

Riffy
1st April 2007 02:18 PM
pdog Look What I did....perhaps the most retarded post ever, about another Stones board and one word, well not even a word....

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archi...5/212604-1.html
1st April 2007 02:24 PM
fireontheplatter i think i fell another appreciation thread coming on....

past appreciation post thread.....

think it will fly?????????????

everybody say ow
1st April 2007 02:24 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
Look What I did....perhaps the most retarded post ever, about another Stones board and one word, well not even a word....

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archi...5/212604-1.html

That thread also contains the germination of the "Couchie Fight". Bad times. Hard to believe that it's already been two years since those horrible days. Alas the anger still lingers. Whatever happened to the love? Where did our love go?

Riffy
1st April 2007 02:40 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

That thread also contains the germination of the "Couchie Fight". Bad times. Hard to believe that it's already been two years since those horrible days. Alas the anger still lingers. Whatever happened to the love? Where did our love go?

Riffy

reading that, at least I know I didn't start, shit I didn't fully comprehend it at the time... It sucks it all still lingers... And we lost Tele and Flea.
BUT!!!
It was a great time, i was getting really excited for the tour and making plans to go to NYC... Which turned out to be way cooler, so many people I met online became friends for life in NYC... NYC, Philly SF and back to NYC, and I can't forget mt 6 hour roundtrip drive to Frsno to hand out with T&A...
Stones Rule!
1st April 2007 03:13 PM
_Boomy_ Back in the old days!
1st April 2007 03:32 PM
monkey_man This was probably the first and only post I had here under my 1st screen name
http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/10%2D02%2D2002/118150-1.html
1st April 2007 09:12 PM
glencar You went with a much better posting handle!
2nd April 2007 08:13 AM
egon No idea when i posted my 1st thread,
but my very 1st post/reply is here;

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/06%2D27%2D2002/92936-1.html
2nd April 2007 09:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I forget.
2nd April 2007 10:10 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
This is not my first post but it does bring back some fond memeories. The halcyon days of Rocks Off. There was a time when this site was only about love. Love damnit!

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/05-13-2002/71866-1.html

Hard to believe this was five years ago! Seems like just yesterday.

Riffy

LOL...I was just watching that the other day, Riffy! Nice going...you've got chutzpah!
2nd April 2007 10:18 AM
MrPleasant Stupid question?:

What does it actually mean to have a cherry popped? Do cherries come from cherry blossom trees and do they make a sound?
2nd April 2007 10:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
What does it actually mean to have a cherry popped?

Ask yer Dad.
2nd April 2007 10:33 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Ask yer Dad.

He's gone to work!

This sucks!! Now I will never know!!!
2nd April 2007 11:20 AM
Saint Sway found this...

quote:
jb wrote:

I am excited for the new tour and predict that Dont Stop will be tehir first number 1 in many years. Does anyone know if they offer discounted ticekt prices for people with dissabilities? And who I can contact/ As I suffer from many chronic ailments such as uncontrollable twitching, irritable bowl syndrome and flank pain. Please advise

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Profile | PM | IP Logged
2nd April 2007 11:22 AM
BONOISLOVE "I am excited for the new tour and predict that Dont Stop will be tehir first number 1 in many years. Does anyone know if they offer discounted ticekt prices for people with dissabilities? And who I can contact/ As I suffer from many chronic ailments such as uncontrollable twitching, irritable bowl syndrome and flank pain. Please advise"

I want to know too!
2nd April 2007 11:29 AM
Joey " I want to know too! "

2nd April 2007 03:44 PM
glencar Someone research my first post/thread. I'm too bored to do it myself. TIA!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)