ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney stage - Pics yet? Return to archive
9th April 2006 10:49 AM
corgi37 Surely they've started construction. I've trawled the net and watched Sydney news, but nothing. Any one know anything? I'm dying to know if its the S/Ameri stage, or blessed be Allah, the Nth ameri stage.

Love to all.
9th April 2006 11:13 AM
Nashr8521 http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=ROLLINGS06

"The Rolling Stones will present two completely different shows in Australia. The stage used at the Telstra Stadium outdoor show in Sydney will be the same spectacular outdoor stadium stage created for the current concert tour in South America."

looks like we lose.....
9th April 2006 11:21 AM
corgi37 Yeah, i know, but in the announcement of the tour, they say the U.S stage. And, they took that stage to Japan. Surely they are not going use the old S/A stage. Doesnt make sense to cart around both stages.

Well, we'll know soon.
9th April 2006 07:58 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Yeah, i know, but in the announcement of the tour, they say the U.S stage. And, they took that stage to Japan. Surely they are not going use the old S/A stage. Doesnt make sense to cart around both stages.

Well, we'll know soon.

They sold the "urban" stage set to a Chinese/Euro firm of some sort...to be used for the olympics...so they aren't carting both sets around...just dumping the old one off.

Here is the partial story:

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3161/xinmin9am.jpg

The SA set looked pretty good I thought...tropical, kitchy, different.

[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
10th April 2006 07:35 AM
corgi37 Good article. If i was Chinese!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)