ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fans Who Sit Down During A Rolling Stones Concert.... Return to archive
9th April 2006 07:15 AM
RollingstonesUSA Get the FUCK up!!!! Feb8th in Atlanta I stood the whole intire show, and this guy kept tellin me to sitdown, I took a line from Caddyshack and said "The Graveyard Is Two Miles Thay Way" he shutup the rest of the show....

This was talked about already on iorr.org, Thanks Gazza for backin me up!
9th April 2006 08:55 AM
Lazy Bones I disagree.

If someone wants to sit down during a show - Stones or otherwise - they have that right. However, what they don't have a right to do is tell anyone else to sit down because their view is obstructed.

9th April 2006 09:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I disagree.

If someone wants to sit down during a show - Stones or otherwise - they have that right. However, what they don't have a right to do is tell anyone else to sit down because their view is obstructed.

While I cant grasp why an able bodied person would choose to remain in their seats at a stones gig, thats basically the line I would take.

Especially the idiots who otherwise stand but sit down for certain parts of the show - and then expect or demand that YOU do likewise for the same songs!
9th April 2006 09:30 AM
ListenToTheLion What about the idiots who are talking all the time during the concert? Move your ass to the pub or otherwise shut up and enjoy the music.
9th April 2006 09:48 AM
Sir Stonesalot I've never had anyone give me shit about standing up or dancing or singing or whatever. And I don't give a shit what anyone else does at a show. They paid their money same as I did. I don't give a fuck if they sit with earplugs in and their back to the stage. I don't care if they drink themselves into a stupor and forget where they are. It means nothing to me.

I go and do my thing. I expect nothing from anyone else.
9th April 2006 09:57 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Get the FUCK up!!!! Feb8th in Atlanta I stood the whole intire show, and this guy kept tellin me to sitdown, I took a line from Caddyshack and said "The Graveyard Is Two Miles Thay Way" he shutup the rest of the show....

This was talked about already on iorr.org, Thanks Gazza for backin me up!

You did the right thing. Except maybe you should have sucker punched the goddam pansy bastard in the face, then boxed his fucking ears for him.
9th April 2006 11:24 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Especially the idiots who otherwise stand but sit down for certain parts of the show - and then expect or demand that YOU do likewise for the same songs!

While I haven't been to many Stones shows with seats behind my butt, I have been known to sit down in protest during Miss You, and getting very annoyed that the mindless worshippers didn't follow my lead.
9th April 2006 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
While I cant grasp why an able bodied person would choose to remain in their seats at a stones gig, thats basically the line I would take.

Maybe their legs are tired.

I slept through an entire Eagles show once. Literally...I drank too much that day....
9th April 2006 11:59 AM
gorda I hate it when the people behind you are yelling for you to sit down. Although, I do have a huge ass, it's not so big that it would completely obstruct the huge giant video screen.

Anyways, I sat down, not because they were screaming for me to sit down. Simply because I felt stupid standing there by myself. I was sitting in a lame section, where people were more interested in drinking and socializing and walking around.

Not everyone was mean though, one guy did offer me a puff from his joint, I politely refused, but he was a hottie. Although, he looked like he hadn't bathed in days. He was still cute.

Anyways, the second night, I saw them I got so drunk, I did what ever the fuck I wanted and no one told me jack. I saw the Stones from all angles, from front-row-center, to the B-stage, and I also stood on a chairs on several ocassions and watched them standing on chair. But, I was so drunk, I kept going to the bathroom to pee. The only song that sticks in my mind is "Midnight Rambler", Also, the whole thing was kind of blurry, one of my contacts was inside out and I didn't realize it until I got home.

I had a good time, I think.

[Edited by gorda]
9th April 2006 12:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
What about the idiots who are talking all the time during the concert? Move your ass to the pub or otherwise shut up and enjoy the music.

That fucking distresses me beyond belief. Especially when you're listening to a boot of a show and have to listen to some cretin who is obviously so desperate to have got out of the house for the night (where theyre presumably forbidden to talk at all) that theyre prepared to pay a weeks' wages to yak incessantly about nothing for hours on end.

I could be wrong of course but I'm convinced it always seems to be a combination of the same two American guys - sometimes one of them has his girlfriend with him.
9th April 2006 12:42 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I've never had anyone give me shit about standing up or dancing or singing or whatever. And I don't give a shit what anyone else does at a show. They paid their money same as I did. I don't give a fuck if they sit with earplugs in and their back to the stage. I don't care if they drink themselves into a stupor and forget where they are. It means nothing to me.

I go and do my thing. I expect nothing from anyone else.

Is there anything that means something to you except yourself?
9th April 2006 01:27 PM
Gimme Shelter Yeah, I always remember the Oakland show during the Licks tour. This woman kept bitching at me for standing up during Loving Cup(I didn't sit down the whole show), but when Start Me Up came on, I looked back and there she was standing and dancing around.
9th April 2006 01:28 PM
Gimme Shelter Fans Who Sit Down During A Rolling Stones Concert....SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th April 2006 01:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Is there anything that means something to you except yourself?<

Nope.

I'm my own biggest fan, just as anyone should be their own biggest fan. If you are not your own biggest fan, then you ain't livin' your life right.
9th April 2006 04:44 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I disagree.

I saw the Pretenders in Toronto about 3 years back...scored a ticket on the street...7 row center or such...I was one of the few who stood up the entire show...it was really wierd...these (older?) folks yelling at me...I was about 39 at the time...really put me off a bit about Canadian crowds...though I know they all are not like that...GREAT FUCKING SHOW BTW!!!
9th April 2006 04:55 PM
voodoopug my sections are usually half filled with die hard fans and half of corporate executives who paid thousands for tickets (also Boca Raton lawyers).

I used ADDA and decided courtesy is the best way to go. If more than one or two people in my section is standing, I stand, if no one is standing, I sit. Usually the front floor sections are standing, but the direct side sections at times will sit, particularly in dead crowd cities (ie St. Louis).
9th April 2006 06:25 PM
Hannalee With Stones' ticket prices I'd not only want to use the seat I'd paid for but take it away with me afterwards!
9th April 2006 07:29 PM
IzzyStradlin I would imagine that most of the over 40 group in here are also over 200 pounds and would HAVE to sit down for at least half of a Stones show.

I've seen the pictures. This isn't a pretty group in here.
9th April 2006 09:44 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

I saw the Pretenders in Toronto about 3 years back...scored a ticket on the street...7 row center or such...I was one of the few who stood up the entire show...it was really wierd...these (older?) folks yelling at me...I was about 39 at the time...really put me off a bit about Canadian crowds...though I know they all are not like that...GREAT FUCKING SHOW BTW!!!

Of all the concerts I've been to, all but maybe half-a-dozen, the majority of people sit. I would say it's a fair bet to say that the majority of Canadians sit at shows. It's not because we're poor dancers or don't have a good time, I just think the vast majority excercise it as a courtesy.

I've been to shows where I've sat because the entire section is sitting. I've got no problem sitting as I'm not one to turn around a tell someone off. Of course I have my preferences, but I also would like to say that I express consideration. Generally speaking, if a section sits the odd ones that stand do, too, if asked. It's just courtesy. Of course every show has the odd "f*ck ya's all!" guys...

I remember being at a Guess Who show, about 6 years ago where the people in my section were badgered for the entire show by two drunk women from Detroit who couldn't believe us "f*ckin' Canadians" were sitting for such a great Canadian band. They went on and on about how Detroit would never "treat" a band that way. At least they enjoyed the beer...

I guess some people have different thoughts about Canadian crowds. Personally, I find it refreshing to know that many are thinking about the people behind them. Doesn't make lesser fans out of us.
9th April 2006 09:54 PM
The Eggman
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Maybe their legs are tired.

I slept through an entire Eagles show once. Literally...I drank too much that day....

A Line From THE BIG LEBOWSKI

The DUDE: "You know ...man...I had a long day and I hate the fucking EAGLES..."

I will always remember that
9th April 2006 11:33 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
I would imagine that most of the over 40 group in here are also over 200 pounds and would HAVE to sit down for at least half of a Stones show.

I'm in the over 50 group, I weigh more than 200 pounds (just a little) and I have NO trouble standing for an entire Stones show.

10th April 2006 03:28 AM
gorda
quote:
The Eggman wrote:

A Line From THE BIG LEBOWSKI

The DUDE: "You know ...man...I had a long day and I hate the fucking EAGLES..."

I will always remember that

Well, I like the Eagles, I think they are cool!
10th April 2006 04:51 AM
Fiskemichael What's wrong with playing "only" 18 songs?

When you buy a case of beer you know there will be 24 beers in the case - but it is different with concerts: You get what you give, and honestly I thought the audience was dull. Maybe the audience is getting too old? The band members seem to be fit enough, but 90% of the audience couldn't even stay on their feet half way through "Start Me Up", and in fact the gentleman behind me (Hong Kong Chinese aged 55 plus/minus with girl friend aged 25 more minus than plus) asked me to sit down during the encore as he could not see the stage while seated. I guess he couldn't bother to stand.

Had the band played another 2 songs my guess is that several in the audiece would have had to go leave as theie hearing aid batteries would have gone flat anyway.

Michael
10th April 2006 05:58 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Fiskemichael wrote:
What's wrong with playing "only" 18 songs?

When you buy a case of beer you know there will be 24 beers in the case - but it is different with concerts: You get what you give, and honestly I thought the audience was dull. Maybe the audience is getting too old? The band members seem to be fit enough, but 90% of the audience couldn't even stay on their feet half way through "Start Me Up", and in fact the gentleman behind me (Hong Kong Chinese aged 55 plus/minus with girl friend aged 25 more minus than plus) asked me to sit down during the encore as he could not see the stage while seated. I guess he couldn't bother to stand.

Had the band played another 2 songs my guess is that several in the audiece would have had to go leave as theie hearing aid batteries would have gone flat anyway.

Michael

my sources told me you have stolen my crack pipe this week end!!
10th April 2006 06:54 AM
geecee
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
I would imagine that most of the over 40 group in here are also over 200 pounds and would HAVE to sit down for at least half of a Stones show.

Although i fit the above ,the main problem with standing is that the whole world is taller it seems
10th April 2006 07:59 AM
Break The Spell I've been in some pretty lame sections, it seems I've had the worst of luck with landing in the good party section thats into the music since the Bridges tour. I agree about letting someone sit and do whatever they want, as they did pay to get in, but they also have no right to tell you to sit down as well. I kept getting told to sit down during the live debut of Sway last fall. It was crazy, that didn't know they were witnessing history.
10th April 2006 08:43 AM
Angiegirl I'm tall, so I don't give a shit.
10th April 2006 11:20 AM
Bruno This talk remind me the disgusting "VIP" section in Coapacabana. Those motherfuckers spent the whole show chatting, drinking (not that this is bad, of course, but it was in a "piano bar" way), even turning their backs to the stage! I swear you I saw some of them TURNING THEIR BACKS to the stage in some moments. If you could ask them the names they would say Mick Joger, Keith Tilats, etc.
10th April 2006 11:25 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Bruno wrote:
This talk remind me the disgusting "VIP" section in Coapacabana. Those motherfuckers spent the whole show chatting, drinking (not that this is bad, of course, but it was in a "piano bar" way), even turning their backs to the stage! I swear you I saw some of them TURNING THEIR BACKS to the stage in some moments. If you could ask them the names they would say Mick Joger, Keith Tilats, etc.

The turning of the backs is similar to what I've seen, but I've also seen some goes as far as to talk non-stop on a cell phone and plug their other ear as if the Stones playing was some kind of sound annoyance. This behavior isn't just limited to Stones shows either.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)