ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yet more bitching from Macca (nsc) Return to archive
7th April 2006 09:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels McCARTNEY TIRED OF LENNON

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY is jealous of late bandmate JOHN LENNON's cult status, and insists he too deserves credit as a major music-maker. The BEATLES legend is still bitter his songwriting talent is overshadowed by the work of the I AM THE WALRUS "genius" - who was murdered in 1980. He says, "(They say) John was the (WOLFGANG AMADEUS) MOZART, Paul was the (ANTONIO) SALIERI. "Like John was the real genius, and I was just the guy who sang YESTERDAY."
07/04/2006 09:19
contactmusic.com

7th April 2006 09:06 AM
Break The Spell He's always looking for attention, as if changing the writing credits on some Beatles songs to McCartney / Lennon from Lennon / McCartney wasn't enough. Harrison was more talented than Sir Paul in my opinion.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
7th April 2006 09:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"(They say) John was the (WOLFGANG AMADEUS) MOZART, Paul was the (ANTONIO) SALIERI. "Like John was the real genius, and I was just the guy who sang YESTERDAY."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
7th April 2006 09:28 AM
Taptrick
If Paul wanted cult status he should have overdosed right after Band On The Run.

7th April 2006 10:08 AM
the good Well, one sure-fire way to attain cult status is to kill oneself.
7th April 2006 10:17 AM
voodoopug every day he further embarrasses himself should be considered a great day for true stones fans. He is a thorn in our legacy now and deserves to be humiliated. I agree that we should save the baby seals, but we should club him instead!
7th April 2006 10:45 AM
gimmekeef His whole career has been made up of singing pablum for the masses....No guts no glory Sir Paul!
7th April 2006 11:05 AM
parmeda Will somebody hand this man a pistol...and none of this Russian roulette shit, either.
Make sure ever chamber is plugged...

TIA!
7th April 2006 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
McCARTNEY TIRED OF LENNON

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY is jealous of late bandmate JOHN LENNON's cult status, and insists he too deserves credit as a major music-maker. The BEATLES legend is still bitter his songwriting talent is overshadowed by the work of the I AM THE WALRUS "genius" - who was murdered in 1980. He says, "(They say) John was the (WOLFGANG AMADEUS) MOZART, Paul was the (ANTONIO) SALIERI. "Like John was the real genius, and I was just the guy who sang YESTERDAY."
contactmusic.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190894,00.html

7th April 2006 11:44 AM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Will somebody hand this man a pistol...and none of this Russian roulette shit, either.
Make sure ever chamber is plugged...

TIA!

Pam ............................

Funny !!!!!

Good P.O.S.T.I.N. !!!!
7th April 2006 11:47 AM
Break The Spell He wonders why Lennon has a more respected status, but did he ever compare his solo output to John's?? did John ever do songs like "Silly Love Songs" or albums like "Back to The Egg"?? I have a feeling that may have something to do with it.
7th April 2006 12:07 PM
nankerphelge I hate Paul McCartney

Hate him

Biggest fucking twit in the whole wide world.

6 billion people plus -- he's the biggest dick bar none!
7th April 2006 12:14 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I hate Paul McCartney

Hate him

Biggest fucking twit in the whole wide world.

6 billion people plus -- he's the biggest dick bar none!

You make Joey very sad .
7th April 2006 12:25 PM
Saint Sway real geniuses don't dye their hair (see: Einstein, DaVinci, Watts)
7th April 2006 12:26 PM
speedfreakjive its the truest thing he's ever said, lmao
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
7th April 2006 01:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
You make Joey very sad .

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
7th April 2006 02:07 PM
Macca Look. To know me is to love me. Really. Stone's are Ok and play a good tune. But I am the Greatest.
7th April 2006 02:27 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Macca wrote:
Look. To know me is to love me. Really. Stone's are Ok and play a good tune. But I am the Greatest.

u have picked the wrong message board Sir
7th April 2006 03:15 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Joey wrote:

Pam ............................

Funny !!!!!

Good P.O.S.T.I.N. !!!!

Joy,

Your thoughtful words really deserve a proper award - one more time.

Thankee, thankee, thankee, my dearest sweetheart!

8th April 2006 11:49 AM
corgi37 Well, he's certainly tried to attain cult status.

Marrying an ugly chick and having her in the band.
Having the daggiest haircut, apart from Barry Manilow.
"Deliberately" getting busted in Japan for dope.
Commenting on Lennons slaughter "Yeah, its a bummer".
Ripping off all his band mates from all his bands.
Marrying a 1 legged chick.
Being a vegetarian.
Being a leftie.

But none of it worked! And, did you all know, Ringo is now the 2nd most talented Beatle!
9th April 2006 12:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Macca wrote:
Look. To know me is to love me. Really. Stone's are Ok and play a good tune. But I am the Greatest.

[Edited by voodoopug]
9th April 2006 09:38 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
McCARTNEY TIRED OF LENNON

contactmusic.com

Although SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY would be right (John was in awe of his talent, and viceversa), too many people believe all that they read.
Also, I would like to suggest that the educated audience often uses 'cool' in much the same self-indulgent way as the mass audience uses the Hollywood 'product,' finding wish fulfillment in the form of cheap and easy self-congratulation.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)