ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Become Republican (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
7th April 2006 04:07 PM
nankerphelge George Allen was very popular here in Sweet Virginia and is far from retarded -- Riffy is right, he is a serious contender and I think he is well liked and well funded.

Mark Warner is also a serious ex-VA gov that the Dems could rely on.

Clinton is my favorite retarded ex-suthern state guvner!
7th April 2006 04:09 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

Those were good sites.........I think we dems need to be more vocal ...........we are pussies!!!

jb did Air America go off the air yet?
7th April 2006 04:10 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Those were good sites.........I think we dems need to be more vocal ...........we are pussies!!!

I'm not a democrat, will never vote for a Democrat or a Republican, unless it's someone who is very much aligned with the things I care about and can avoid hardcore lobbyist influence...
I like Green Party and Libertarians...
Only local elections interest me, the national and state stuff, has become a joke. I said it years ago, and now it's a movie on the topic. More people vote for American Idol, than our Govt. elections. There's so much money behind Senate and Governor races, it's not even about the constituencies, it's about the people bank rolling the candidates. It's a joke. Gore/Bush, Bush/Kerry... This was the best our nation had to offer? No, it's what we were sold(out)!
[Edited by pdog]
7th April 2006 04:13 PM
jb The Stones have had a hard time selling out in some markets!!!
7th April 2006 04:16 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

They just keep adding more and more stations. So much for that lasting until the 04 elections, eh?

7th April 2006 04:20 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Al frankern confrontred Rousert in his new book..called him gullible!!! it;s true!!! I saw him on Rousert , who tried to embarrass him...Rousert is as phony as a 3 dolar bill..that working class shit is nonsense.........see Big Russ
7th April 2006 04:21 PM
pdog Al Frankens best moment was in Trading Places, it's been downhill since!
7th April 2006 04:29 PM
rasputin56

Oops, from today, McCain hangin with those middle of the roaders Tony Perkins and Janet LaRue. He's sure hanging with the right people these days.
[Edited by rasputin56]
[Edited by rasputin56]
7th April 2006 04:33 PM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm not a democrat, will never vote for a Democrat or a Republican, unless it's someone who is very much aligned with the things I care about and can avoid hardcore lobbyist influence...
I like Green Party and Libertarians...
Only local elections interest me, the national and state stuff, has become a joke. I said it years ago, and now it's a movie on the topic. More people vote for American Idol, than our Govt. elections. There's so much money behind Senate and Governor races, it's not even about the constituencies, it's about the people bank rolling the candidates. It's a joke. Gore/Bush, Bush/Kerry... This was the best our nation had to offer? No, it's what we were sold(out)!
[Edited by pdog]

I feel the same way.
7th April 2006 05:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
The Stones have had a hard time selling out in some markets!!!

In light of these Judas relevations, it looks like your people were warranted in whacking Jesus. He was gaming them! Freakin' gaming them Christians.

P.S. Blacks don't like your people because they think you have too much pull with whitey. Thats what they used to tell me when I asked why.
7th April 2006 05:31 PM
Riffhard Yeah,rasputin I suppose you're right. How could I even begin to think that the MSM has a liberal slant. I mean just because a woman that makes ten million a year reporting "news" attends an anti-War/anti-Bush rally that does not mean that she is liberal,right? Oh,that woman would be the Today Show's new morning babe Meridith Vieira on the right. Coincidently this was the same protest march that Whoopie and The Perky One herself marched in together! So maybe you are the one who should put the Kool-Aid down. None are so blind as those who refuse to see the truth.

Here ya go my friend go here and read it and weep-The liberal spin machine is alive and kicking!

Riffy

PS-Last year the Columbia School of Journalism(no hack conservative group they) took a poll amounst print,television,and radio journalists. Over 70% of those polled refered to themselves as,"liberal minded"
7th April 2006 06:10 PM
pdog
Riffy,
I have something very complimetary to say about Prez Bush. He has been a great source of comicical material, has a sense of humor himself and doesn't seem to be bothered by the jokes. That is a very likeable quality in a person.
I think this is the first time, I ever said anything nice about him, and didn't want to be thought of a as a hater.
later,
P
7th April 2006 06:30 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah,rasputin I suppose you're right. How could I even begin to think that the MSM has a liberal slant. I mean just because a woman that makes ten million a year reporting "news" attends an anti-War/anti-Bush rally that does not mean that she is liberal,right?

The usual Bush-geek inability to grasp that most conservatives think George Walker Bush III is a fucking fool. Big government, big deficits, big spending, big nation building projects, big medicaid, big medicare, big immigration, big administrative agencies, it goes on forever, the only thing this Eastern prep school educated, tongue-tied twat isn't big on is brains. That fucking jackass and his idiotic homo-egregious man-lovers like yourself have set back conservativism in this country 20 years. You should be thanking Judas for the liberal media, because if you hadn't conjured it up, you wouldn't have jack piss to flagellate yourself with on the record of the last six ridiculous years of this rule.
7th April 2006 07:06 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah,rasputin I suppose you're right. How could I even begin to think that the MSM has a liberal slant. I mean just because a woman that makes ten million a year reporting "news" attends an anti-War/anti-Bush rally that does not mean that she is liberal,right? Oh,that woman would be the Today Show's new morning babe Meridith Vieira on the right. Coincidently this was the same protest march that Whoopie and The Perky One herself marched in together! So maybe you are the one who should put the Kool-Aid down. None are so blind as those who refuse to see the truth.

Here ya go my friend go here and read it and weep-The liberal spin machine is alive and kicking!

Riffy

PS-Last year the Columbia School of Journalism(no hack conservative group they) took a poll amounst print,television,and radio journalists. Over 70% of those polled refered to themselves as,"liberal minded"

Good one. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that people like Katie puff and Viera actually write the shit they spew off the teleprompters. Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't mean they're out to get you by any means necessary. And of course they were "liberal minded" whatever that means. In order to be an effective, you would need to be able to think on your feet. As we all know, Republicans need things to be carefully scripted for them.

I understand that Republicans need to demonize something in order to scare people into listening to them but really, the media thing is getting old and is so Nixonian. I'm just surprised you didn't list Bozell's site.
7th April 2006 07:25 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The usual Bush-geek inability to grasp that most conservatives think George Walker Bush III is a fucking fool. Big government, big deficits, big spending, big nation building projects, big medicaid, big medicare, big immigration, big administrative agencies, it goes on forever, the only thing this Eastern prep school educated, tongue-tied twat isn't big on is brains. That fucking jackass and his idiotic homo-egregious man-lovers like yourself have set back conservativism in this country 20 years. You should be thanking Judas for the liberal media, because if you hadn't conjured it up, you wouldn't have jack piss to flagellate yourself with on the record of the last six ridiculous years of this rule.

Moonie you need to back off here for second my friend. I have never once proclaimed Bush to be a great conservative! Not once. His spending is through the roof,and the fact that he has yet to veto one single spending package that has crossed his desk pisses me off as well as you. However,given the alternative I'd vote for Bush over John "D Student" Kerry every single time. As for Gore? Same holds true. The guy has completely lost it!

You always assume that I am all kinds of proud of Bush. You would be wrong in that assumption. I fully support the war effort because of it's objectives,and the fact that I have family members over there fighting in it. I think it's obvious that mistakes have been made,but there has yet to be a war where mistakes were not made. Given the fact that every Western Nation thought that Saddam was holding WMDs,and the knowledge that he has housed,aided,and abetted Islamic terrorists for decades now. Any president that would not enforce the 17 violated UN Resolutions,that the rest of the world was ready to let slide,after 9/11 would have been derilict in his number duty as Commander in Chief. Liberals have very selective memories on this issue. My support for Bush starts and stops on the issue of the war on terror.

Although he is doing a great job with the economy regardless of what that fucking hypocrit Nancy Pelosi would like to have us believe. Unemployment is at 4.7%! Which is better than at any time under the Rapist In Chief Clinton Housing starts,and ownership are at an all time high. Home ownership by minorities is at an all time high as well.

So,while I admit that Bush has had his share of fuckups,I would still vote for him over anyone that the Dems have come up with in the last decade.

I want a true Reagan conservative. That is why I mentioned George Allen earlier in this thread. I hope he wins so you will come back to the fold and understand that we(conservatives)all want to be on the same page in the GOP.

By the way,I was simply refering to the MSM's liberal bias here Moonie. Why you went off on Bush is beyond me anyway? I was not discussing his fuckups. Lord knows we would agree on politics much more than we would disagree I think. I mean you are a conservative,right?

Riffhard
7th April 2006 07:28 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

I understand that Republicans need to demonize something in order to scare people into listening to them but really, the media thing is getting old and is so Nixonian. I'm just surprised you didn't list Bozell's site.

Wow. That shocking image of Bush will surely help Kerry beat Bush in 2004, no?

Oh wait, it is over and guess what..... you lost

I guess you want to go back and bring up 2000 being "stolen"

Fucking losers

But keep posting pics, that will surely rocket libs back into power

In about 2048
7th April 2006 07:49 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Good one. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that people like Katie puff and Viera actually write the shit they spew off the teleprompters. Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't mean they're out to get you by any means necessary. And of course they were "liberal minded" whatever that means. In order to be an effective, you would need to be able to think on your feet. As we all know, Republicans need things to be carefully scripted for them.

Rasputin you may want to loosen the strap on your tin foil hat there fella.

Look man I work in radio for a company that owns fifty newspapers nation wide,over three dozen radio stations,and several televion stations. I know first hand how liberal the press can be,and is. Our sister station is a news/talk station and the airstaff is as liberal as they come. Even the newsreaders are libs. I graduated from the University Of Georgia with a BA in Mass Comunications,and I minored in Journalism. Every single one of my professors was liberal. Hell,at the time so was I. I'm not anymore,but that does not mean that I don't know the liberal truth about my chosen career.

I also find it more than a little amusing that you would accuse Rebuplicans of having to script everything! That's a real laugh riot right there! Clinton determined his godamned fashions based on polls! He also consulted focus groups for advice on where he should vacation! The guy lived for polls. That,my friend,is the ultimate scripting.

Riffy
7th April 2006 08:21 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Rasputin you may want to loosen the strap on your tin foil hat there fella.

Look man I work in radio for a company that owns fifty newspapers nation wide,over three dozen radio stations,and several televion stations. I know first hand how liberal the press can be,and is. Our sister station is a news/talk station and the airstaff is as liberal as they come. Even the newsreaders are libs. I graduated from the University Of Georgia with a BA in Mass Comunications,and I minored in Journalism. Every single one of my professors was liberal. Hell,at the time so was I. I'm not anymore,but that does not mean that I don't know the liberal truth about my chosen career.

I also find it more than a little amusing that you would accuse Rebuplicans of having to script everything! That's a real laugh riot right there! Clinton determined his godamned fashions based on polls! He also consulted focus groups for advice on where he should vacation! The guy lived for polls. That,my friend,is the ultimate scripting.

Riffy

Riffy, your resume is impressive but just because a person who is a journalist may have personal beliefs doesn't necessarily mean it will come out in their reporting. Especially if it's done the way journalism is supposed to. The facts. That's all. I seem to recall the "liberal" media did a fairly good job of nearly getting the greatest president since FDR impeached over a blowjob. But if you want to play the bias game, I, too, can show plenty of instances every day where that bias is overwhelmingly skewed to the right.

As far as polls go, don't fool yourself into thinking W. doesn't live for them. He does just as much as Clinton ever did.

And Tele, all I have to say is that without people like you, the Republican Party would be dead.

And to think, I haven't called anyone a Nazi yet. Yay for me.
7th April 2006 08:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Especially if it's done the way journalism is supposed to. The facts. That's all.

This is key right there. The way it's supposedto be reported has gone by the wayside for many in today's media. This has been confirmed by several seperate studies in the last year. The previous study I mentioned by the Columbia School of Journalism,and also the UCLA study from several months ago both confirm my assertion.

quote:
I seem to recall the "liberal" media did a fairly good job of nearly getting the greatest president since FDR impeached over a blowjob.
As far as polls go, don't fool yourself into thinking W. doesn't live for them. He does just as much as Clinton ever did.

This is kind of a non starter as well rasputin. The MSM sat on this story for almost a month. Remember it was Drudge who broke this story,and it was a Newsweek insider that leaked it to him. Newsweek had the story for a full four weeks prior to the leak to Drudge. So a valid argument could be made that they were deliberatly burying the story.

As for the line about best president since FDR. All I can do with that is{{{Blank Frigging Stare!}}} The history books will show Reagan to be a much more effective president. Vastly so in fact.

quote:

And to think, I haven't called anyone a Nazi yet. Yay for me.

For that I say thank you! It is always wiser to keep it civil! Oh,and I love your avatar! I'll bet she's a GOPer!

Riffy
7th April 2006 08:54 PM
glencar "And to think, I haven't called anyone a Nazi yet. Yay for me."

See: FPM.
[Edited by glencar]
[Edited by glencar]
7th April 2006 09:13 PM
rasputin56 I do seem to recall reading the Columbia poll, but frankly it means little to nothing except for those who are looking for any type of "confirmation" of their own beliefs. I'm glad you brought up the UCLA one, too. Do you know how they came up with their findings? Pretty lame so again means nothing.

I'd be happy to compare FDR to that fraud Reagan's record any day. I'm begging you though, don't start with that Reagan saved the world crap.

Ah, Riffmeister, keepin' it civil's what it's all about. We all can disagree, spout all of the lameass he said, she said's and in the end, we all have a lot more in common than not.
[Edited by rasputin56]
7th April 2006 09:16 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
"And to think, I haven't called anyone a Nazi yet. Yay for me."

See: FPM.
[Edited by glencar]
[Edited by glencar]

Yes, it was sarcasm.
7th April 2006 09:17 PM
rasputin56 Nothing to add, just wanted to see Ms. Jiggly 3 times in a row.
7th April 2006 09:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot I would never belong to either major political party. Neither one cares about what is best for the country. They are only concerned about getting more/keeping what political power that they already have.

Oh yeah, they care about money. Big big big money. If you don't have money, you don't matter...to EITHER party.

Look at the potential candidates that each party is about to foist on us. I don't think ANY of them are good candidates. All of 'em are owned by special interests. And NONE of them possess the leadership qualities needed to get us out of the fucking quagmire that this country is currently in...both home and abroad.

So who represents people like me? I want a candidate who has common sense. I want a candidate who doesn't speak like a fucking twit. I want a candidate who is not owned by anyone. I want a candidate who is his/her/it's own person. I want a candidate that actually has actual PLANS to fix our foriegn policy nightmare, our economy, and illegal immigration. I want a candidate who will tell the oil companies that they must lower gas prices. I want a candidate that will tell health insurance companies and pharmacutical companies that they have to make health care and drugs AFFORDABLE for EVERYONE. I want a candidate that will tell the tree huggers to fuck off and let drilling commence in Alaska, to help offset out dependence on foriegn oil. I want a candidate that will mandate the developement of alternative fuels...and tell the auto manufactureres to make engines that get at a minimum of 100 mpg. I want a candidate who will turn FEMA into a first class emergency response agency again. I want a candidate who take our kid's education seriously and do more than just pay lip service to it. I want a candidate who puts allegiance to his COUNTRY before his allegiance to his/her/it's POLITICAL PARTY. I want a candidate who doesn't treat the public like fuckin' sheep. I want a candidate who doesn't say one thing but do another. I want a candidate who doesn't use fear as a weapon. I want a candidate who will make sure that EVERY American citizen(especially our Vets!) has a home, clothes, and food to eat. I want a candidate who actually tells the truth. The ACTUAL truth. Not the version of the truth that they want you to believe. Not spun truth. Factual truth. We can handle it.

But there aren't any candidates like that. They are all manipulated. They are all beholden to money and party. They all fuckin' lie out their asses. Ain't a single one of 'em fit to lead this country. So I'm not voting for any of them. Fuck 'em all. Besides, Congressional candidates are just as shitty as the Presidential candidates are. Even if we did have a good Presidential candidate, and even if by some miracle that candidate actually got elected, they would be so hamstrung by our inept Congress that nothing would get accomplished.

Both parties are riddled with ineptitude and corruption. Both parties give way too much creedence to the extreme fringes. Both parties wish to divide America. Fuck that. I'm not voting for any of them. I'm writing in my Dad for everything. At least he has some common sense and a backbone.
7th April 2006 09:40 PM
pdog What's your dad's name, I'll write him in too. No, I'm writing you in, I know your name, and that was the bestest speech ever, and i know it was true.
I do hope you make Keith's birthday a federal holiday...
7th April 2006 10:00 PM
glencar A good speech but extremely unrealistic. The idea that "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" has any basis in reality is a pipe dream. As much as I despise the Dems (and I do!) even they probably think that they're going to do the best that they can for America. As for both parties being beholden to their extremists, that's simply not true. I agree that those folks get lip service but when it comes right down to it, they get ignored over & over again. I lurk at democraticunderground.com & those people are as angry at Hilly Clinton as they are at John McCain. they do have a special hatred for W. In fact, mostly they refer to him as "*".

While I agree with the idea that we need to drill for oil here & I think the oil companies are rip-off artists, telling them to lower the price of gas is illegal but also unwise. The best thing that could happen is if gas prices keep goig up. Look at how humungous SUV's are now sitting idle in dealers' lots. The increase in gas prices this year has helped us conserve more than any gov't effort. In fact, if they wanna raise the gas tax, I'll sign on.

7th April 2006 10:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot I would make a terrible President because I am inherently lazy, flakey, and moody. I like to sleep in, and I tend to cuss a lot. I find the nuts and bolts of politics and issues boring as hell, and I'm intolerant of fools. I would not apply myself, and let important matters hang whilst I gallavant around checking out rock n roll shows. I would use my position to get hot chicks. Besides, the job sucks. It's too much power and responsibility and authority. No one in their right mind would actually WANT to be President. I always say that if someone actually WANTS to be President, that shows a character defect that should immediately disqualify them from holding that office.

But if I were President...I would NOT, I repeat NOT make Keith's birthday a federal holiday(No. I don't think Colombus should have a holiday either. The guy did not discover what became our country, and he was a mass murderer.) He is not an American. Only American citizens should have a federal holiday named after them. However, I would make Dylan's birthday a holiday. And Muddy Waters' too. Fair 'nuff?
7th April 2006 10:20 PM
Taptrick
STEPPENWOLF MONSTER LYRICS WOULD FIT IN WELL NOW

I'm actually more conservative than liberal but it struck me how well the lyrics to Steppenwolf's epic trilogy "Monster" from 1970 would play out today.

MONSTER - SUICIDE - AMERICA

From the 1970 release "Monster"

Words and music by John Kay, Jerry Edmonton, Nick St. Nicholas and Larry Byrom

(Monster)
Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

The blue and grey they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

(Suicide)
The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watching

(America)
America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

© Copyright MCA Music (BMI)
All rights for the USA controlled and administered by
MCA Corporation of America, INC

7th April 2006 10:27 PM
Riffhard Here are some very salient quotes from some people that were there at the end of the Cold War. I tend to believe them.

Anatoly Dobrynin-Soviet Ambassador to the USA 1962-1986-"Soviet leadership took Reagan's SDI threat very seriously,and we were convinced of America's great technological potential. The US had scored again,and Reagan pushed us to the edge of bankruptcy with this threat. Then we took took one step over this line. Reagan forced our hand,and we lost." Excerpt form his book- In Confidnce (New York:Times Books,1995) p.528

Andrei Gromyko-Senior Soviet Diplomat to the UN- Talking about Reagan's build up of ICMs inside Europe,and the development of SDI-"They want to impose on us an even more ruinous arms race. Behind all of this lies the clear calculation that the USSR will exhaust it's natural material resources...and therefore will be forced to surrender." In the end we did lose,and Reagan knew we would before we did. Excerpt from his book Memoirs (Doubleday,1989) p. 307

I could give you many more quotes from players on both sides of the Cold War,but I'm tired of looking them up!

I'll finish with this last one from Margaret Thatcher,"When the memories of the Cold War are written into the pages of history let no one doubt that it was Ronald Reagan who won it,and he did so without firing a shot." From the book Ronald Reagan,How An Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader,by Dinesh D'Souza (Simon and Shuster,1997)

The truth is that Reagan was the number one major player to bring about the end of the USSR and the Cold War,and three others were also major players. Namely Pope John Paul II,Margaret Thatcher,and ofcourse,the ultimate losser Mikhail Gorbachev. But it was Reagan who made the Iron Curtain come tumbling down. Even Gorbachev reluctantly admits to this historical fact.

Revisionist history does not change history. It just tries to change people's perception of it.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
7th April 2006 10:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot >As for both parties being beholden to their extremists, that's simply not true.<

I never said that. I said that both parties pay too much creedence to the extreme fringes. And they do, IMO.

I also never said anywhere that I was being realistic. Honest, yes. Realistic...Ppppfffffttttttt. You think I don't KNOW that that was all a pipe dream? Why the hell do you think I'm so disenchanted with our entire system? The only thing that effects change in our country is MONEY. People like me don't have money. I fucking work. I don't have time to make money. Even if all the people like me pooled our money together, we couldn't even come up with 1/1000th of what is needed to effect any real fundemental changes. Besides when people do something like get rich...and I'm genuinely happy for their success...they change their stripes and support whatever helps them stay rich or get richer. Power and money corrupt.

I'm sure that if I were rich, I wouldn't be singning this tune. But I'm not rich, and I'll never be rich.

I also said nothing about conservation. I don't give a fuck about conserving anything. I want to be able to fill my car up on $8.00 again. I'm a cheap bastard. And I want to be able to drive around for a month on that fill up. SUVs? Fuck man, people should be able to drive one of those things if they want...just slap an engine in it that gets 100 mpg. That'll drive the price of gass down. The technology exists to make that happen too. Fuck oil companies and their $255 BILLION dollar quarterly profits. Gas should not cost as much as it does....PERIOD. Dude, I'm thinking of getting a '68 Buick with a 429 big block. Now what fucking good will it do me to have that great cool hot rod if I can't afford to put any gas in it?

Fuck man, all I want is a cool hot rod. Is that too much to ask? I mean, I work long hours in a 911 center...saving lives and protecting property...shouldn't I be able to have a cool car and be able to afford to drive it around? Jeez, what I do is, like, really important, you know? How come some fool like Terrel Owens gets paid more money than God for doing nothing more than playing a game and being a fucknut....and yet I have to scrimp and save and work a pile of overtime just to drive a cool hot rod to work and back home? You don't think that's fucked up? I do.

I don't believe in a "Mr. Smith" anymore than I believe in the tooth fairy. But it would be nice to have....that's all I'm sayin'.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)