ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney Stones FAQ Return to archive
6th April 2006 11:19 PM
Daethgod http://www.telstrastadium.com.au/index.aspx?link_id=5.632

Where are the Rolling Stones playing?

Telstra Stadium is located in Sydney Olympic Park, 17kms west of the CBD in the heart of Sydney. The concert stage will be located at the southern end of the Telstra Stadium playing arena. Click here to view the seating plan and stage layout.

Who is the support act and what time do they start?

Aussie rockers The Living End are scheduled to open the night at 7.30pm.

What time will the Rolling Stones concert finish?

The event is scheduled to finish at approximately 11 pm

How do I get to Telstra Stadium?

The Rolling Stones concert is covered by Major Event Integrated Ticketing, which means each and every ticketholder is entitled to public transport (rail and bus) to and from Sydney Olympic Park.

Telstra Stadium strongly recommends public transport as the most time and cost efficient way of getting to and from the concert.

Where do the trains run from?

Direct services will operate from Central to Sydney Olympic Park station. The last return service will depart approximately 60 minutes after the end of the concert.

The Olympic Park Sprint service from Lidcombe station to Sydney Olympic Park station will run throughout the day, with increased services from late afternoon.

For more information, go to the Transport Infoline – call 131 500 or www.131500.com.au

Where do I catch a bus?

Regular services will operate on all 12 Major Event Bus routes to Telstra Stadium. Return services will run until approximately 60 minutes after the end of the concert.

For more information, go to the Transport Infoline – call 131 500 or www.131500.com.au

What time do the gates open?

Gates will open from 5.30pm (* subject to change). Patrons should check their individual tickets for their designated entry gate.

What happens if I lose my ticket?

Call Ticketek on 132 849 for information on lost or stolen tickets.

Is it safe to buy tickets from scalpers?

No. You risk wasting your money on a ticket that is liable to be invalid. Re-selling tickets above face value is a breach of the Conditions of Sale.

What about admission to the arena floor?

Each seat on the arena floor is reserved for the individual ticketholder. There is no standing room on the arena floor. Only ticketholders will be permitted on to the arena floor.

What amenities will be available to ticketholders on the arena floor?

Toilets, and food & beverage vendors, will be located adjacent to the arena floor for ticketholders. For other services, arena floor ticketholders will be permitted to access the Concourse level, but must carry their ticket at all times.

Can I take an umbrella into the Stadium?

No, so take a raincoat, spray jacket or poncho if the weather's not looking great.

Can I take an esky into the Stadium?

No.

Can I take binoculars?

Yes.

Can I take my mobile phone?

Yes.

Can I take a camera or recording device into the concert?

No. Cameras, recording devices and tripods are prohibited.

What food and drink can I carry into the concert?

Patrons are permitted to bring small amounts of food and drink (no alcohol) into Telstra Stadium.

As a guide, personal belongings, including food and drink for personal use, should be contained in a small day pack.

The following are prohibited;
• All eskies
• Sports bags and large backpacks
• Glass or plastic bottles, cans and other drink containers, including thermos
• Alcoholic beverages
• Umbrellas
• Sharp utensils
• Other items deemed to be dangerous

Will my bag be checked?

Yes. Security checks will be carried out on bags. To help avoid delays it's best to leave your bag at home if you possibly can. Patrons will also be subject to a metal-detection check by security staff.

What can I purchase inside Telstra Stadium?

Telstra Stadium has over 65 retail food and beverage outlets available throughout the Stadium, offering a wide selection.

Will there be alcohol available at the Rolling Stones concert?

Telstra Stadium is a licenced premises and serves alcohol during events. To read Telstra Stadium’s Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines, click here

Can I buy official Rolling Stones merchandise at the concert?

Merchandise outlets are located throughout Telstra Stadium and the surrounding precinct. Official Rolling Stones merchandise will be available.

What’s the best route if I have to drive?

Be aware that the Royal Easter Show runs between 7-20 April and involves some road closures within the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.

To see if your chosen route is affected or to find directions to Sydney Olympic Park, go to the following website link.

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/visiting/transport

Where do I park my car?

Limited parking is available at Sydney Olympic Park. All parking must be pre-booked.

Bookings can be made via Ticketek agencies – call 132 849 for information or go to www.ticketek.com.au

For information on car parking at Sydney Olympic Park go to www.secureparking.com.au/sop

A shuttle bus operates from the car parks to Telstra Stadium.

Where can I see the full Conditions of Entry?

Click here for the Telstra Stadium Conditions of Entry

Dancing and singing – what’s hot, what’s not?

Dancing and singing are considered to be normal and reasonable behaviour at the concert, subject to;

No standing on seats
No standing in aisles
No jumping from seats
No offensive language
Being considerate to fellow patrons

Will there be cash facilities at the venue?

Limited ATMs are available outside the venue and inside the Stadium. Patrons are encouraged to visit an ATM before entering the venue to avoid queues.

Are there any public phones?

There are limited public phones inside Telstra Stadium so take your mobile phone.

Will there be First Aid facilities?

Yes. First aid and medical crews will be present to attend to any problems, no matter how big or small.

Will pass-outs be available?

Pass-outs will not be available once inside Telstra Stadium.

Is there disabled access?

Yes. Contact the venue on (02) 8765 2000 for specific details and assistance.

Do taxis have access to Sydney Olympic Park?

Yes, although we recommend you use your entitlement to public transport that comes with your Rolling Stones ticket.
6th April 2006 11:22 PM
Daethgod oh yer they forgot one :

Will I get my Rocks Off ?

Fark yer !!!

[Edited by Daethgod]
6th April 2006 11:23 PM
pdog what's an esky?
6th April 2006 11:30 PM
Daethgod esky is what Yanks call a 'cooler'

6th April 2006 11:33 PM
corgi37 You half wits call them coolers. You put beer in them, some ice, and sit on them if you get the big ones (which we Aussies do). Americans probably put beef jerky, little Yank flags, bibles, frisbees, turkey legs and fake tan spray in theirs.

We just put beer in them. Real beer. For real men. Oh, and real wine for the chicks and the more cultured of us.

6th April 2006 11:40 PM
parmeda
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Can I take an esky into the Stadium?

No.

Where do I park my car?

Limited parking is available at Sydney Olympic Park. All parking must be pre-booked.

Dancing and singing – what’s hot, what’s not?

Dancing and singing are considered to be normal and reasonable behaviour at the concert, subject to;

No standing on seats
No standing in aisles
No jumping from seats
No offensive language
Being considerate to fellow patrons

I have 3 questions:

What in the hell is an "esky"?
Pre-booked parking? A joke, right?
Dancing & Singing... Do you mean to seriously tell me that there are imbeciles that need to ASK about this?

...you're killing me! lmao
6th April 2006 11:41 PM
pdog Whatever you call them, they're gay... LOL! Real men put beer from a bottle in their mouth. If it's hot and the beer gets warm, you drink too slow. The only thing needed is a bag to carry more than one around in, preferably brown made from paper...
Enjoy the show guys!
I love the enthuasiasm... Real Stones fans... Do you really call us Yanks? That's what we call jerking off. Then agian you call cook outside a barbie and to us it's a doll. and what's up with the brits and there fags? If anyone in America puts a fag in their mouth... All these great Stones fans seperated by a common language!
6th April 2006 11:43 PM
parmeda ...rotflmfao!
7th April 2006 07:49 AM
corgi37 Yes, you are Yanks. We call jerking off, jerking off. And, having a wank. Having a flog. Pulling the pud etc.

But really, you sissy Yanks. Drinking beer from a brown paper bag!. Ooooh, sorry your highness. Would you like a little umbrella in the beer too?

Nup, you dont open the bottle (we call the 1/2 bottles stubbies) - you smash the end over a mates head and drink the lot in one go. If you swallow glass, you laugh and have another as blood flows out of your anus. The 1st currency in Oz was rum. Its true!

Some say most of the politicians still make decisions while pissed.

here, we call drunk pissed. Yanks think being pissed is being angry.

We load our eskies into the boot or our car. You guys call that a trunk? WTF? And, it prawn - not fucking shrimp. And, no, we dont put them on the barbie. Well, gay men do. Real Aussies cook chops and steak and snags (sausages to you) until they are as hard as fucking marble, and we smother them in sauce (not fucking gay ketchup) and eat and chew until all our teeth are broken.

lol

But, we all agree - The Poms suck!
[Edited by corgi37]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)