ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CYHMK is in the pipeline... Return to archive
6th April 2006 03:30 PM
Mel Belli ...according to Chuck's online diary.
6th April 2006 03:33 PM
Break The Spell I'd be interested to hear how they pull it off this tour compared to last, with the guitars more upfront and all. Ronnie did pretty good some nights with the solo at the end.
6th April 2006 03:48 PM
pdog some nights...
6th April 2006 04:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
some nights...

We made the rounds to say hello to all of them and then it was gig time. Another pretty good show, if louder than usual. But Mick, Keith and Charlie played really well, and the overall feeling was loose and fun.
6th April 2006 04:21 PM
jb Good posting!!!
6th April 2006 04:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
...according to Chuck's online diary.

Link?
6th April 2006 04:44 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
Link?

3/14 (from Chapter 30)

I wanted to get a workout in, but there was just no way with all the things on the plate. The three of us were up at about the same time, around 10. I had my friend Larry Wiseman, President of the American Forest Foundation coming up to meet me at 1pm (I'm a Trustee of AFF) and there were quite a lot of emails to deal with prior to us getting together...and some phone calls to make to folks in NY about tickets, passes and other matters. Ash, Rosie and I had coffee ordered up to enjoy while we all worked on our computers. They were going out to shop for a little while and I had Larry coming...so I stayed in to meet with him and do some other biz. One very nice email was from my pal Charlie Lytle who is responsible for hooking me up with the Young Chang piano company. They have delivered to our house a brand new Model 208 Platinum series Babinga piano with a German solid spruce sound board made to Joe Pramburger specifications. Pramburger ran Steinway for years. It has a Reinner action with special hammers as well, and the wood finish is absolutely amazing. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on that thing! Thank you Charlie....and Young Chang!! Larry was right on time and we had a good meeting, talking about strategies to help AFF in the near and long term. He has a great idea about doing a fund raiser event later in the Fall and asked me about being involved, and of course I agreed to help in any way I could. There were other topics we covered....where the American Tree Farm System (ATFS) stands in forest certification as compared to other certification entities, how the membership is doing and how we might grow the program. We talked about how the face of the forest industry is changing and how private ownership of forest lands are changing...the affect of growth and development is affecting things. We also talked some about my future after this tour...about possible speeches and how we might find ways fort me as a speaker to get outside just the "conservation world" and even discussed the possibility of public service. We finished up our business and I had my friend John DuPree coming to see me with some of his friends...they had some of my books and wanted me to sign them. So we got together for a short time to do that, and it was time for me to go to the gig. Radio City Music Hall is very close to the Palace Hotel...I could have easily walked there, but there were vans waiting and I joined Isobel Work who handles our wardrobe in one of them. We were there in short order and I found my dressing room up on the 5th floor. I started to work straight away on the set list, pouring over our four previous NY shows and also looking at what we did in LA at the Hollywood Bowl, as this would be a similar kind of show. The "B Stage" was to be an abbreviated version of our normal shows, just as it was at the Bowl. The other major consideration was that this is a special benefit show for the Robin Hood Foundation and therefore a unique audience of major contributors for the event. I finished my suggestions leaving several choices for Mick and I to discuss later.

Then I went exploring the venue. We played there many years back when we performed at the MTV Music Awards....but of course that was just a couple of songs and tonight we would be doing a full set. It's an amazing venue...very beautiful and the stage is a generous size. The rest of the guys started arriving and eventually I went in to talk to Mick about the songs we wanted to go over for the sound check and to do a preliminary discussion of the set list. We talked it over and decided on doing Worried About You, As Tears Go By and although we had talked about the possibility of Can't You Hear Me Knocking, we decided we needed to run it over a few more times before it was ready to bring back to the stage. He told me we should to one less song than usual, so with all of that we went to do the sound check. It went very well and we all got a feel for the room.

Afterwards I went back to Mick's dressing room to finalize the list. We talked about it quite a while....discussing the mix of people in the audience and how we would balance doing a good bit of the well known songs and one or two tunes a little off the beaten path. Basically we put in the two above mentioned ballads and Midnight Rambler, Gimmie Shelter and the rest of the set was the usual fare. By then Ashley and Rose Lane had arrived, and I went to the Rattlesnake Inn to meet them and to get a bite to eat. This was a very small RI, and the number of guests we could have was restricted. Still, I had Rik Kirkland, my friend and a brilliant writer for Fortune Magazine coming, Ronnie Finestone from the Andrew Marc designer line, John DuPree with his three guests and Wally McClallan with a guest. We made the rounds with them and had a bit of food, then it was time for me to do my thing. The show went very well, and our set list proved to be a good one for the occasion. There were a few stars that I saw in the audience....John Macenro and Lenny Kravitz were there, and lots of top CEOs of companies. It was a fun event and I heard that they raised something like 11 million dollars for Robin Hood. Wow! That's quite a success! Back at the hotel I had a note from our friend Tom Connor and his girlfriend Laura. So we went to meet them in the bar and had a great time talking to them for an hour or so. That closed out the day and we went up to get some sleep before the next day's departure for Tokyo.

http://www.chuckleavell.com/diary/ch-30.html

6th April 2006 04:50 PM
glencar Thanks a lot!
6th April 2006 04:53 PM
glencar LOL Macenro!
6th April 2006 05:08 PM
luxury1 ...so, it was Mick's idea to shorten the set. Hmmm, wonder if he just wanted to "snub" the uptight, monied crowd....
6th April 2006 05:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
...so, it was Mick's idea to shorten the set. Hmmm, wonder if he just wanted to "snub" the uptight, monied crowd....

if you go through and read Chuck's diary, it is very obvious that he seems to be the one pushing for different setlists (he was the one behind "Sway") and Mick is the one pushing for hit heavy sets and shorter sets.

all hail Chuck!
6th April 2006 05:50 PM
glencar In the fanclub DVD, Keith says how Mick just likes to do the same songs over & over. We now know who the culprit is!
6th April 2006 08:39 PM
Spru Chuck is the man. He's a fan of the band just as we are, and he knows what we really wanna hear. I can't wait to see CYHMK, I hope they are playing it if and when they return to the states in the fall because I'd like to see it live.
[Edited by Spru]
6th April 2006 09:58 PM
Soldatti Good news for the Europeans, they would get it there.
7th April 2006 12:32 AM
mmdog
I had forgotten that Radio City was where the '94 MTV awards were held. That was a great night for the Stones. Great performance.
7th April 2006 06:22 AM
Break The Spell He knows many people would like to hear songs like Winter and Jigsaw Puzzle as well. Maybe one day soon they could show up too. Slave was rehearsed a couple of times, hate to see that one not played either.
7th April 2006 07:30 AM
corgi37 Christ, imagine if it was soley up to Mick to decide the set lists? It would be 100% pure war horses - and only about 15 of them.
7th April 2006 11:15 AM
glencar Chuck may not be everyone's fave piano playa but it is nice that he pushes them. If not for him, they'd have stopped "Sway" after Columbus if'n they would have even tried it there.
7th April 2006 11:33 AM
Saint Sway Chucks diary = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

put me to sleep faster than Pug babbling about selling printing toner or whatever the hell he does
7th April 2006 11:37 AM
pdog I thought I heard something, shhhh...
I think I hear it again...
Be quiet...Nope there it is...

Saint Sway is babbling again, nevermind!
7th April 2006 12:02 PM
Saint Sway Oh shit!! I better put some jiggly boobs in my signature!
7th April 2006 12:05 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Oh shit!! I better put some jiggly boobs in my signature!

I certainly wouldn't mind, may I request you put a blonde in yours??
7th April 2006 12:12 PM
Saint Sway big breasted blonde asian women are my favorite
7th April 2006 12:15 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Oh shit!! I better put some jiggly boobs in my signature!

Are you knocking the knockers?
7th April 2006 12:17 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
big breasted blonde asian women are my favorite

Chinese girls are so gentle
They're really such a tease
You never know quite what they're cookin'
Inside those silky sleeves

7th April 2006 12:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
...according to Chuck's online diary.

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .

..... cha - CHA !!!!!!

ss
7th April 2006 09:08 PM
glencar We're all excited now, Joey!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)