ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on 60 minutes in Australia, Sunday Return to archive
6th April 2006 09:16 AM
StickyFishFingers Just saw the ad for it.
6th April 2006 09:18 AM
Break The Spell Usually there on 60 Minutes once a tour, since 89 at least. Haven't seen them on there yet for this tour. Is it only airing in Australia?
6th April 2006 09:26 AM
Jumping Jack Please record it!
6th April 2006 10:09 AM
StickyFishFingers no problem re recording it - I'll be recording everything Stones related over the next few days. Will then transfer it on to dvd.
6th April 2006 10:40 AM
jb probably arepeat of us show..boring.
6th April 2006 11:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
probably arepeat of us show..boring.

Agreed....I bet this will be the info featured:

1. An "inside look" at their touring jet (with the ever so original "No drugs in view" joke).

and the following questions (to Mick):
1. Are you doing it for the money?
2. Is Australia your favorite place to play?
3. Are you and Keith getting along?
4. Is this the last tour?
5. WHen will you be coming back?

very run of the mill!
6th April 2006 11:58 AM
Break The Spell Perhaps they could make it more interesting, and have cooking tips with Charlie, shopping with Lisa & Blondie, a night out with Mick at dance clubs, fishing with Keith & Ronnie, and Chuck's hilarious back-stage pranks.
6th April 2006 12:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Perhaps they could make it more interesting, and have cooking tips with Charlie, shopping with Lisa & Blondie, a night out with Mick at dance clubs, fishing with Keith & Ronnie, and Chuck's hilarious back-stage pranks.

The worldwide press despises the Stones and will not show them in an entertaining light if at all possible. Let's be honest here, Bono is the media Darling and the Stones are their whipping boy.
6th April 2006 12:03 PM
Break The Spell I agree, they do all they can to hype up U2 and make them look like the saviors of everything from music to global politics. Too bad Bono has the personality of a gnat. A very self-righteous gnat anyway.
6th April 2006 12:04 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
probably arepeat of us show..boring.

expect to see ed bradley with his earring displayed prominently
6th April 2006 12:56 PM
glencar Is Mike Wallace retiring form the Auusie version of the show too?
6th April 2006 01:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Mike Wallace retiring form the Auusie version of the show too?

The entire cast of 60 minutes are all undead and will never truly leave the airwaves. Andy Rooney has been a cast member since the show made its debut in 1943.
6th April 2006 01:19 PM
jb Mike is retiring very soon...he announced in on the hideous Larry King :ive show, where his Fox News loving son Chris also made an appearence............"what's the fucking question, bitch"?
6th April 2006 01:20 PM
Break The Spell Larry King still has the best looking suspenders in show business.
7th April 2006 12:03 AM
the good
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

The entire cast of 60 minutes are all undead and will never truly leave the airwaves. Andy Rooney has been a cast member since the show made its debut in 1943.

I think that was the last time he had a coherent thought.
7th April 2006 12:34 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Larry King still has the best looking suspenders in show business.

yes, but is it due to lack of competition? or because she wasnt considered:
7th April 2006 12:34 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I agree, they do all they can to hype up U2 and make them look like the saviors of everything from music to global politics. Too bad Bono has the personality of a gnat. A very self-righteous gnat anyway.

even mick kisses his ass on "Being Mick"
7th April 2006 07:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

yes, but is it due to lack of competition? or because she wasnt considered:

She's quite the looker indeed, but I wonder if Larry wears suspenders older than she is?
7th April 2006 07:41 AM
corgi37 Our 60 Minutes does not have a Yank in sight. Though, for some big stories, they pinch U.S. 60 Minutes.

What will be on this Sunday i venture to guess, will be abridged of what follows later on the night. Ellen Fanning interviewed them last week in Japan.

And, i am totally surprised by what has happened this week. Stones fever is alive and well. The Sun has been going nuts with articles, but even the AGE - which has pretty much hip, left-wing, inner city sort of journos on it. Anyway, in todays Age, the guy was amazing (I think Daeth posted the snippet in another thread). The guy was totally complimentary and not agro to the band at all. There was no snide age remarks. And, refreshingly, the guy knew his stuff. He mentioned the great unknown songs like Winter!! His blurb about the the Stones "golden age" was great, though he extended it to include GHS!!!!

The general attitude here in Oz is: "Ok, we've exhausted all the age jokes, lets just marvel at these old coots".

Its really pleasing to see, and i must admit, downright surprising. I guess maybe LICKS altered a few people's views.

I'm getting that feeling that i had in 95 & 03. It all changed when Daeth's Mrs gave the tix to my Mrs. Daeth, i am sure, is feeling it too.

Stones fever!

And, just to compound all this, where as the Stones have been in the papers nearly every day for a week, one of the so-called big bands (in Oz & Europe anyway) THE DARKNESS limped into town. Not one fucking word! Not one press conference snippet. This band, this so-called "new hope for spandex" played to a crowd of no more than 2,000 people last night here in Melb. No one would have known, bar a small review in the paper.

I tell's ya, i think Australia could become the Stones newe fave place to tour. They are getting a much better reaction than in the U.S. where all people whine about is cost of tickets, war horses and why there are empty seats.

Plus, the beer. Never forget the beer!

P.S. Or the wine.
7th April 2006 09:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG So Happy for You, Corgi!
The time is drawing near...
Much press buzz...
Excitement mounts...

Who cares about the ticket sales. Enjoy every moment of the experience- pre and post- and make sure to share it with us. We need a little excitement.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)