ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards Solo Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th April 2006 07:44 AM
RollingstonesUSA When he toured and played Connection and Gimme Shelter, did he tell Mick, hey i'm goin to be singing these songs, or did he just go out and do it.

Mick Solo Rehersals-1988, correct if i'm wrong, but It's Only Rock 'N' Roll was killer on that tour.

P.S.Could a kind soul please seed Nashville 2002, thanks!

[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
6th April 2006 08:41 AM
Scottfree Dude your at post 666.....Which is 40 off from being sympathetic to the the devil...What's next 999?
6th April 2006 08:56 AM
Break The Spell When Keith did his own tour, Mick had no input, Keith chose what songs he was going to play and obviously he wojuld be the singer, it wouldn't be much of a solo tour if Mick sang on the stones tunes he chose. Did you see the video clip on here of Alice Cooper and Daltrey doing SMU??
6th April 2006 09:13 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
When Keith did his own tour, Mick had no input, Keith chose what songs he was going to play and obviously he wojuld be the singer, it wouldn't be much of a solo tour if Mick sang on the stones tunes he chose. Did you see the video clip on here of Alice Cooper and Daltrey doing SMU??

How are you doing Break? Yes, thank you for reminding me, I love Alice, I am goin to start up a petition to get him in the hall of fame, HE NEEDS TO BE THERE! I love Alice's verison of Start Me Up! I was on iorr.org and just got Ft.Worth Express, all I can say is Mick Taylor, WOW!
6th April 2006 09:16 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

How are you doing Break? Yes, thank you for reminding me, I love Alice, I am goin to start up a petition to get him in the hall of fame, HE NEEDS TO BE THERE! I love Alice's verison of Start Me Up! I was on iorr.org and just got Ft.Worth Express, all I can say is Mick Taylor, WOW!

I'm doing OK, just wish it would stop raining. I agree Alice should be in the rock hall, I'll sign the petition, it takes too long for some deserving artists to get in. He's been eligible for what, about 15 years now?
6th April 2006 09:30 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I'm doing OK, just wish it would stop raining. I agree Alice should be in the rock hall, I'll sign the petition, it takes too long for some deserving artists to get in. He's been eligible for what, about 15 years now?

I hear ya, its nice and sunny out here! We have a band playin tonight called Analong Moon, at The Loving Cup, their supposed to be good and big Stones fans, so we'll see. Hey, if you come to Myrtle Beach in the summer let me know and we'll go to the house of blues or something, Buddy Guy is playin in June, I cant wait for that!
6th April 2006 10:31 AM
Joey
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Dude your at post 666.....Which is 40 off from being sympathetic to the the devil...What's next 999?

Scary ................

Jacky !!!!!®
6th April 2006 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
When he toured and played Connection and Gimme Shelter, did he tell Mick, hey i'm goin to be singing these songs, or did he just go out and do it.

Mick Solo Rehersals-1988, correct if i'm wrong, but It's Only Rock 'N' Roll was killer on that tour.

P.S.Could a kind soul please seed Nashville 2002, thanks!

Micks solo tours were VERY heavy on Stones tunes (aside from the album promo show at Webster Hall in 1993). He has no leg to stand on to be upset with Keith. CHeck the setlists from the Japan 1988 tour
6th April 2006 11:38 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I hear ya, its nice and sunny out here! We have a band playin tonight called Analong Moon, at The Loving Cup, their supposed to be good and big Stones fans, so we'll see. Hey, if you come to Myrtle Beach in the summer let me know and we'll go to the house of blues or something, Buddy Guy is playin in June, I cant wait for that!

If I do head down that way this summer I'll let ya know. I was in Charleston and then Mytle Beach last summer, they have some great clubs along the beach there.
6th April 2006 01:04 PM
glencar Did anyone here make it to Keith's solo shows?
6th April 2006 01:06 PM
Break The Spell Never made to one but I have a video of a 1993 concert. Wicked As It Seems worked great live, perhaps he could try that once in his set.
6th April 2006 01:11 PM
pdog At post 668 you're the neighbor of the BEAST!
6th April 2006 01:11 PM
nanatod
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did anyone here make it to Keith's solo shows?

I liked the expensive winos at the Aragon in 1988 better than the stones in the lawn mud at Alpine Valley in l989.
6th April 2006 01:13 PM
Throwaway I saw Keith and the X-pensive Winos @ Constitution Hall in DC, February 10th, 1993. I was only 5 years old at the time, and it was late, so I fell asleep during the show, but I do remember jumping up and down when I heard the first notes to Gimme Shelter (his band does a great version!) and that Happy was the last song. There are videos of his 88 and 93 shows, I recommend picking them up if you can. Waddy Watchel is a great player, throw in Bobby Keyes and Ivan Nevill, and you got yourself a band!
6th April 2006 01:14 PM
pdog The Winos shows were the really great tours by any memebers of The Stones...
They're still great, but these were far better..
6th April 2006 01:15 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I saw Keith and the X-pensive Winos @ Constitution Hall in DC, February 10th, 1993. I was only 5 years old at the time, and it was late, so I fell asleep during the show, but I do remember jumping up and down when I heard the first notes to Gimme Shelter (his band does a great version!) and that Happy was the last song. There are videos of his 88 and 93 shows, I recommend picking them up if you can. Waddy Watchel is a great player, throw in Bobby Keyes and Ivan Nevill, and you got yourself a band!

Don't forget Steve Jordan on drums.
6th April 2006 01:20 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Don't forget Steve Jordan on drums.

Word. I'll try to find the clip of Keith on SNL. It's a good episode, Tom Hanks is the host, and I remember they played Take It So Hard...if I find it ill put it up here.
[Edited by Throwaway]
6th April 2006 01:22 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Word. I'll try to find the clip of Keith on SNL. It's a good episode, Tom Hanks is the host, and I remember they played Take It So Hard...if I find it ill put it up here.
[Edited by Throwaway]

I have an old video of it, good stuff. I like when Steve hit one of his cymbals, all this debris flew off of it.
6th April 2006 01:29 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I have an old video of it, good stuff. I like when Steve hit one of his cymbals, all this debris flew off of it.

Haha yes. And remember the skit when Tom is saying how everyone was treating him so good and he runs into Keith? Keith looks...well lets say he hasnt gotten much worse since then!
6th April 2006 01:31 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Haha yes. And remember the skit when Tom is saying how everyone was treating him so good and he runs into Keith? Keith looks...well lets say he hasnt gotten much worse since then!

Yes that was funny, it was during the monologue I believe. I love how Keith simply said "thanks Tom".
6th April 2006 02:23 PM
albert I saw Keith & The Wino's in Ahoy - Rotterdam.
Nice anecdote: my friend and I saw a few days before a concert on German telvision. So we knew the third song to be played was going to be Gimme Shelter. So after song 2 we shouted together real loud: "Gimme Shelter, Keith !!" Keith smiled and nodded towards us, people aroud us looked surprised and we said, with a lot of arrogance (and a little help from some beers): yeah, he is our friend! The faces were priceless when Keith started the opening riff of Gimme Shelter.
There is a very good t.v. recording (complete concert) from a few days before (like mentioned before) shot in Koln - Germany and broadcasted on German national t.v.

gr,
Albert
Holland
6th April 2006 02:30 PM
glencar I have the Palladium DVD which is an official release.
6th April 2006 02:33 PM
pdog I like the credit, we'd like to thank the bootlegers for making us do this... or something like that...
Great DVD, I wish they'd done a 93 tour one too.
6th April 2006 02:38 PM
Break The Spell I also wish they'd do an official release of one of the 93 shows, i just have an old video cassette of a 93 DC show. Those songs from the Main Offender album were great live.
6th April 2006 08:11 PM
Soldatti I didn't go to his solo show in Argentina in 1992 (I was too young) but he played for 40,000 people. I have the DVD from the TV telecast and Keith's face looking at the crowd is amazing, the whole band is looking to each other.
7th April 2006 10:30 AM
albert the DVD from Argentina is on DAD for dwnld.

gr,
Albert
Holland
7th April 2006 11:59 AM
Gimme Shelter I saw Keith in Seattle at the Paramount Theatre in '93.
7th April 2006 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have the Palladium DVD which is an official release.

That's one of my favorite live records. Like I posted before, I lent it out and never got it back. I'd sure like a copy of that DVD.
7th April 2006 01:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That's one of my favorite live records. Like I posted before, I lent it out and never got it back. I'd sure like a copy of that DVD.

Track them down and get it back ASAP. All this talk of it yesterday made me go home and watch it last night, some truly great stuff on that show!!
7th April 2006 01:19 PM
speedfreakjive surely Keith's set would have been short
Mick's show surely lacking balls
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)