ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Aussie publicity Return to archive
5th April 2006 08:19 PM
Daethgod from EMI

RINGTUNE CAMPAIGN

- We are in the process of setting up a Rolling Stones ringtune campaign for their tour next week.

- EMI will be running flyer drop via street-teams after the concerts in Sydney & Melbourne - the potential reach is massive. This is the first time the Stones have offered their songs as ringtunes.

PROMOTION
§ PRESS INTERVIEWS

Phone interview with MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS

SYD

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD – Rundate: Fri April 7

DAILY TELEGRAPH - Rundate: Thurs April 6

MELB

AGE EG – Rundate: Fri April 7

HERALD SUN – Rundate: Tues April 5

§ NIGHTLINE

One hour special confirmed to air on Channel 9 on Sun April 9 at 10.30pm - the only TV interview the band are doing for this tour (completed in Japan this week)

§ BACKSTAGE PASS

The interview Angela Pulvirenti completed face to face interview with Mick Jagger in late ’05 will be repackaged to run on Channel 9’s BACKSTAGE PASS on Saturday 22nd April at 11:30am

5th April 2006 08:30 PM
Daethgod from Rockman at iorr.org

todays Melbourne papers

5th April 2006 08:32 PM
glencar That's more than they got in the US!
5th April 2006 08:47 PM
Daethgod

5th April 2006 10:49 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's more than they got in the US!

I don't live there, but they got full press between August/September with NeoCon and the Super Bowl.
5th April 2006 11:04 PM
glencar Well, I do live here & believe me, the press coverage wasn't that good. They got much better coverage in previous years. I'd say each tour is getting less & less coverage.
5th April 2006 11:19 PM
Soldatti That's because they tour very often.
6th April 2006 12:56 AM
pdog I thought the US coverage was pretty good... More than I remember reading and seeing in the past...
I'm home more than I was in years past, so I can't tell for sure!
6th April 2006 06:57 AM
Break The Spell I heard the "cell phone" edit / remix of Rain Fall down, quite interesting!! I've yet to hear Off The hook on a cell however.
6th April 2006 07:07 AM
corgi37 America treats a Stones tour like a Presidential election. Some thing unavoidable.

6th April 2006 07:26 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
America treats a Stones tour like a Presidential election. Some thing unavoidable.

Somewhat true, sadly it seems that with each passing tour, some take the band more and more for granted. Others would rather focus on the age than the music.
6th April 2006 07:53 AM
rollmops When Mick mentions "the suits discussing if the word "cock" could be broadcasted" I had a flashback; "Private parts", the Stern's movie. There is a scene that is excally that, and Mick is right, it is hilarious!!!
Rock and rollmops
6th April 2006 09:39 AM
jb Yet 10k tickets remained unsold for stadiun show per article!!!!
6th April 2006 07:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
Yet 10k tickets remained unsold for stadiun show per article!!!!

A week left, they could sell 2k more. lol
6th April 2006 08:36 PM
Daethgod thanks to Rockman at iorr.org

6th April 2006 11:37 PM
corgi37 I'm still hoping for a Rose Tattoo song in place of a Ray Charles song.

Bad boy for love?

Or, what about Rock and roll outlaw?
6th April 2006 11:39 PM
Daethgod just hope its not Gene Pitney ...
7th April 2006 07:59 AM
corgi37 Shit, ya never know! Wasnt that a great article? Cant believe its from the AGE. Apart from the EG lift-out being almost entirely devoted to whats hip, i would never imagine a positive review/reaction to the band.

And, the guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Fancy thinking of WINTER in that way! hahaha.

Daeth - Have you got the fever? Its being slowly building, and with yesterdays and todays articles, Sundays 60 Minutes and then later on, the press conference - fuck man, i'm really getting it. Just like 95 & 03.

Tuesday is going to be a magical night, my compadre.
7th April 2006 08:38 AM
Daethgod fark yer baby

dont forget 60 Mins Sun, then 10.30 a hour interview from Japan
then playing non stop DVDs and CDs at home

then
SHOWTIME

i cant wait till we walk in stadium and keep walking, down to floor area, then past Sec C, past Sec B, past Sec A then swan into Sec A4-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 freaking seats from the Riff God !

this is gonna rock our worlds

7th April 2006 01:19 PM
jb still wide fucking open....sorry Corgi37 and SIA..a huge disappointment that a stadiun show could not sell out with only a 13k seat arena venue. The Stones will never return to Australia after this put down.
8th April 2006 11:32 AM
corgi37 Man, i'm glad you aint my lawyer. I'd get the chamber! We are going to SYDNEY - 60,000+.

MELBOURNE is 13,000 - and is sold out.

SYDNEY has newly released $35.00 tickets, top deck, back row, which should be given to the homeless.

Yanks, what can you do with them? Oh yeah, i know, tell them a country said something naughty about them, watch them invade, then watch them run packing with their helmets covering their mummy and daddy bits.

P.S. I love Americans and wish all of them a speedy recovery from the Bush years. Oh, and thanks for Ron Jeremy. We all owe you.
8th April 2006 08:09 PM
Daethgod todays (Sunday) papers

thanks to the ever groovy Rockman from iorr.org

Plus a FULL size poster in middle of paper

and 2 mentions of Stones gigs in gossip section (tho the gossip banshees referred to the gig being on Wed instead of Thurs)

[Edited by Daethgod]
8th April 2006 11:11 PM
corgi37 The fever has hit and will only intensify.

I bet they are spewing they went back to the U.S. for the 2nd time and didnt devote more shows for Oz.

At least we appreciate them and dont see our therapist if the Stones perform IORR instead of some obscure B side from 66.

We appreciate what they give us. But then again, Yanks are notoriously greedy and instead of saying "thanks" always say "Excuse me Sir, but i want more".

It's the number 1 reason why the U.S. will follow the Roman Empire.
8th April 2006 11:52 PM
RSRTG Bring it on!.....arrive in sydney early tuesday, our hotel is walking distance to the stadium......its gunna be great.....if i think too much about it, I go hypo!
Then there's melbourne...looking forward to the rod laver gig very much so!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)