ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Undercover Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th April 2006 04:46 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the album is crap

sounds dated (in a cheesy, bad way)

That would be Steel Wheels... Undercover is pretty damn good...
5th April 2006 04:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the album is crap

sounds dated (in a cheesy, bad way)

5th April 2006 04:51 PM
Saint Sway pdog, that babes breasts are causing you to stutter
5th April 2006 04:52 PM
pdog Is stutter the same as stare?
5th April 2006 04:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

both albums lack soul. But at least Undercover has some rocking moments - Too Tough and um... Pretty Beat Up. I dunno. Steel Wheels has some better songs on it - HOTYH, BTS, BBL and SA. But they both pretty much suck. Overall inferior stuff IMO
5th April 2006 04:57 PM
pdog They're no A Bigger Bang!
5th April 2006 05:11 PM
Egbert There's a decent album there buried beneath the slick production.

Dirty Work has better individual songs but is forever marred by the unforgivable BTZ.

Even though the production on Steel Wheels is digital and cheezy '80s I like the sound better than the previous two. The inspiration was gone by then, though.
5th April 2006 05:18 PM
pdog I agree they are all flawed in many ways, and I wish they'd put more effort into them. I like them more than I dislike them, and I revisit them more than I do most albums from those years...
5th April 2006 05:24 PM
Egbert I hear ya pdog - when put in context with all the crap that was released those years (SST exempted) they sound pretty good.
5th April 2006 05:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Egbert wrote:
I hear ya pdog - when put in context with all the crap that was released those years (SST exempted) they sound pretty good.

The Minutemen,Meat Puppets, Husker Du, Black Flag... Who else? Some good SST bands
5th April 2006 05:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Egbert wrote:
There's a decent album there buried beneath the slick production.

Dirty Work has better individual songs but is forever marred by the unforgivable BTZ.

Even though the production on Steel Wheels is digital and cheezy '80s I like the sound better than the previous two. The inspiration was gone by then, though.

Egbert, it's rare that I disagree with you but I would say "Hold Back" is the worst one from DW. BTZ is sounding worse over the years. Like some posters I know, it's not aging very well.
5th April 2006 05:39 PM
pdog Blue, where you been all day?
5th April 2006 05:40 PM
glencar Playing sports. Seriously!
5th April 2006 05:41 PM
pdog Baseball? B-Ball?
5th April 2006 05:41 PM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Minutemen,Meat Puppets, Husker Du, Black Flag... Who else? Some good SST bands

Sonic Youth also put out some good stuff although I'll admit it's a struggle for me to get through the entirety of Daydream Nation in one sitting.
5th April 2006 05:42 PM
pdog That's a great album.... My fav/ are Ciccione youth and Goo...
Daydream was a double LP...
5th April 2006 05:48 PM
glencar Tennis anyone?
5th April 2006 05:50 PM
Egbert
quote:
glencar wrote:
Egbert, it's rare that I disagree with you but I would say "Hold Back" is the worst one from DW. BTZ is sounding worse over the years. Like some posters I know, it's not aging very well.

Certainly not a major disagreement Glencar - the only thing I like about Hold Back is the guitar interplay during the last few seconds of the song.

5th April 2006 06:09 PM
glencar LOL Actually I used to really like the "funk" in BTZ but that's waned over the years.
5th April 2006 06:58 PM
Egbert BTZ's no Fingerprint File!

5th April 2006 10:37 PM
Soldatti I hear it today and it sounds great.
6th April 2006 07:36 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I hear it today and it sounds great.

I heard it 23 years ago and it sounded like shit. Still does.
6th April 2006 09:52 AM
Bruno I like it a lot. It has one of their greatest songs, All The Way Down. Love Ronnie's solo in It Must Be Hell. I dislike Wanna Hold You.
6th April 2006 07:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

I heard it 23 years ago and it sounded like shit. Still does.

I thought the same at first listen, I changed my mind with every new listen.
6th April 2006 10:44 PM
Bitch UNDERCOVER rocks with 2 of my favorute songs!

ALL THE WAY DOWN - the men should love that image!

TIE YOU UP - THE PAIN OF LOVE - one of the greatest songs to blast as loud as possible, this song is so good!!!
7th April 2006 02:01 PM
Egbert
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I thought the same at first listen, I changed my mind with every new listen.

I agree Soldatti - been spinning UC a few times a day since this thread came out and enjoying it more and more (this is an album that needs to be played loud) - except for Wanna Hold You, which is sub-par for Keith, and It Must Be Hell as an album closer is weak. Tie You Up is my favorite.

7th April 2006 02:09 PM
Break The Spell Undercover indeed gets better with age, got to admit I like Wanna Hold You, I realize its not liked by many though. It sounded great on the bridges tour. Only Feel On Baby don't do it for me on this album.
7th April 2006 02:45 PM
Egbert
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Only Feel On Baby don't do it for me on this album.

Yeah, that one ain't too good either. Maybe I should just put on Let It Bleed and stop trying to figure out whether or not I like Undercover...
7th April 2006 07:11 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Undercover indeed gets better with age, got to admit I like Wanna Hold You, I realize its not liked by many though. It sounded great on the bridges tour. Only Feel On Baby don't do it for me on this album.

Wanna Hold You on the B2B DVD is a winner, I love the intro.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)