ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Undercover Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th April 2006 03:54 PM
Rip This Joint Just curious what the general oppion of this album is, here among the diehard fans. It's probably been discussed a thousand times, but I'm pretty new, so humor me, if you will.
4th April 2006 03:56 PM
nankerphelge All things here get discussed over and over.

Especially sheep.

Undercover is a gem in my book.
4th April 2006 04:00 PM
pdog Very good album...
See The Charlie Watts vs. Dick Taylor wars...
4th April 2006 04:04 PM
glencar Love the Pain Of Love...
4th April 2006 04:22 PM
pdog S&M?
4th April 2006 04:27 PM
glencar Awesomely so!
4th April 2006 06:59 PM
Spru Good thread. I've been thinking about picking this alubm up recently, as I enjoy Undercover of the Night and She Was Hot. Haven't really heard much else from this one, though, so I'll be interested to get it ASAP.
4th April 2006 07:11 PM
pdog You should own every Stones album, and then start collecting the bootlegs!
4th April 2006 07:12 PM
Gimme Shelter Great songs. Undercover, All the Way Down, She Was Hot, Too Much Blood, I Wanna Hold You
4th April 2006 08:09 PM
Soldatti "Maybe" the last real Stones album, the whole band is on fire.
4th April 2006 08:18 PM
glencar ABB was the last great Stones album, my Argentine friend!
4th April 2006 08:37 PM
Break The Spell I love this album, the music of the title track reflects well upon the violent political lyrics. "She Was Hot", "Too Tough", "Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love)" and "All The Way Down" are all great rockers. I'd give Undercover 4 out of 5 stars.
5th April 2006 01:40 AM
Paranoid_Android Alot better than Tattoo You...I always liked Undercover...Too Much Blood...great horns!!!!
5th April 2006 04:35 AM
Zack Nah, it's a dud.
5th April 2006 06:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I love she was hot
5th April 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I love she was hot

Me too, I think its amazing that they still never tried this live.
5th April 2006 07:25 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im not sure it would sound too great live.
I think it would end up a bit like love is strong. Great on record, shit live
5th April 2006 07:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I love she was hot

me too!!
and what a great video!
5th April 2006 07:40 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

me too!!
and what a great video!

I like at the end when Charlie's the salesman. The part with the businessmen on wicker chairs with the zippers bursting is quite funny as well.
5th April 2006 08:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think the whole scene with keith and the look on his face when she drags thw whole cigarette is classic.

Undercover is worth getting for she was hot alone
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
5th April 2006 08:58 AM
Break The Spell As much as I like SWH, I actually like Too tough and All the Way Down a bit more on that album.
5th April 2006 09:30 AM
StonesChick Undercover has a few great tunes, but it isn't one of my favorites. Undercover, the song, was great live when I saw it. Too Much Blood is awesome. She was Hot would be great live.
5th April 2006 09:39 AM
tumbling dice
It was the end of an era .The Ian stewart era,listen to She Was Hot his testament of boogie woogie.When Undercover was realized The Stones were at their peak after the great 81-82 tour,every rock star want to be Mick or Keith at the time,i was proud of be a stones fan around that time. Every cool teenage like me had Tattoo you ,still life,some girls,emotional.. their songs were good to dance in partyes,but their music was beggining to strugle with new wave tendencies and it could be heard in Undercover tracks (synts,drum machine,trash 80´s sounds).Afterthat the music survives and after 23 years i still love it . The album doesn´t got the dated feeling of Steel Wheels for example and the videos are the best of their career.
5th April 2006 10:04 AM
Egbert 6/10
5th April 2006 10:15 AM
Voodoo Scrounge 8/10
5th April 2006 10:49 AM
Ihavelotsajam I love She Was Hot, but apart from that I'd rather listen to both Dirty Work and the much (unfairly) maligned Emotional Rescue.
5th April 2006 12:42 PM
ListenToTheLion IT SUCKS
5th April 2006 12:49 PM
Break The Spell Besides having some good raw music, I also like the classic Peep-Show album cover.
5th April 2006 04:13 PM
Some Guy good stuff
5th April 2006 04:44 PM
Saint Sway the album is crap

sounds dated (in a cheesy, bad way)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)