ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gram Parsons Documentary To Be Released July 11 Return to archive
4th April 2006 01:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Gram Parsons Documentary To Be Released July 11
www.pastemagazine.com
4-3-06

A Gram Parsons documentary, Fallen Angel will be released to DVD on July 11. Produced and directed by Gandulf Henning and written by Sid Griffith, the documentary traces the life of the country-rock icon from his early musical career and rise to fame to his tragic death at age 26 from an overdose of drugs and alcohol.

The documentary features performances by Parsons and interviews with family and friends including Emmylou Harris, Parsons’ Byrds band-mate Chris Hilman, the Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards and REM’s Peter Buck.

Prior to the DVD’s release, special screenings of the film will take place in seven major cities including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Nashville, Chicago, Austin, Portland and New York.
4th April 2006 01:46 PM
jb Thanks so much...Ijust wet my pants in anticipation..best newws I've had since being told I have a small penis.
4th April 2006 01:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks so much...Ijust wet my pants in anticipation..best newws I've had since being told I have a small penis.

You're welcome.
4th April 2006 01:55 PM
Cocaine Eyes Thanks a lot.
4th April 2006 01:56 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks so much...Ijust wet my pants in anticipation..best newws I've had since being told I have a small penis.

There will always be playa hatuhs...
4th April 2006 03:39 PM
Saint Sway Just finished a new book on Gram.
GP is in my alltime top 5- cant wait to see this. Especially the Keef interviews. Hopefully they got Emylou Harris also. She was suspiciously absent from the Gram tribute show/dvd
4th April 2006 05:30 PM
GimmeExile Did anyone buy that new live album by Gram Parsons that was released by Amoeba Records (the first release of their new label)?
4th April 2006 05:34 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

If Peer Queer said it, it's just Postus envy!
4th April 2006 09:07 PM
batcave
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Did anyone buy that new live album by Gram Parsons that was released by Amoeba Records (the first release of their new label)?

Hasn't been released yet. June 20th is the latest release date I've heard.
5th April 2006 04:15 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
batcave wrote:

Hasn't been released yet. June 20th is the latest release date I've heard.

Okay, thanks...I thought they were going to release it at SXSW, but I guess they just previewed it there.
7th April 2006 04:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels INSIDE BOOKS

PARSONS BIO GRIEVOUS-LY SHORT ON DETAILS
EDEN MUNRO / [email protected]

Gram Parsons blew onto the music scene in the late 1960s, making his mark with a mixture of country, rock and soul.

He wasn’t the first to combine musical styles, but his songs have had impressive staying power, influencing many of the alt-country artists who came after him.

As an heir to a family fortune, Parsons never had money concerns, making him something of a musical drifter. In a few short years, he moved through The International Submarine Band, The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers and a pair of solo albums, just before his untimely death at 26 years old.

Parsons’s tale is a fascinating one, and Grievous Angel: An Intimate Biography of Gram Parsons, authored by Jessica Hundley along with Parsons’s daughter, Polly Parsons, hits on all of the major points in the man’s life.

There’s his upper-class upbringing, his father’s suicide, his mother’s alcohol-induced death, his flirtations with fame in the music industry, and, finally, his own death. What’s missing from this telling of Parsons’s story, however, is a heart.

The biography is too brief in its coverage, jumping from one event to the next. Major changes come and go between paragraphs with very little consideration for cause and effect.
A monumental change, for example, comes with the sudden announcement that “heroin was becoming more alluring by the minute.”

That’s the kind of thing that deserves some build-up, especially considering the effects it would have on his music—instead, the revelation simply drops from nowhere.
This loose overview of Parsons’s life comes across as the outline for what could eventually become the real story.

The most disappointing aspect of the book, however, is the lack of any real insight into Parsons’s music. There are simple statements that the music was “becoming infinitely more sophisticated and layered,” but there are no explanations or examples as to how this is so.

The only truly disarming and heartfelt moment in the book comes during an interview with The Rolling Stones’s Keith Richards. Thinking back on his lost friend, Richards says, “We had a lot of laughs together, Gram and I. And I always miss him. I miss him all the time.”

The authors’ love for Gram Parsons is evident. It’s just too bad Grievous Angel opts for an artificial approach, rather than tapping into emotions like Richards’s more often.

By Jessica Hundley, Polly Parsons
Grievous Angel: An Intimate Biography of Gram Parsons
Thunder’s Mouth Press, $21.50

7th April 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell What will all be on his live album coming out?? Will it just be solo songs, or will it have songs he did with The Bryds & Flying Burrito Brothers too? Gram's one of those artists that went too soon and you have to wonder what might have been.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)