ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006
© Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1 More Proposed Setlist Return to archive
3rd April 2006 05:27 PM
Gimme Shelter

1. Gimme Shelter
2. Bitch
3. Paint It Black
4. Dance Little Sister
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Emotional Rescue
7. Slave
8. Blinded By Rainbows
9. Back of My Hand
10. Stray Cat Blues
11. Start Me Up
12. Too Rude
13. Little T&A
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Mother’s Little Helper
16. Rip This Joint
17. Out of Control
18. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
19. Honky Tonk Women
20. Street Fighting Man
21. Shattered
22. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
3rd April 2006 05:44 PM
pdog Make a mix CD and pretend, b/c you know, it ain't gonna happen!
3rd April 2006 10:42 PM
Soldatti I would love to see Little T&A on Keith's set, he played the same 2 songs during 40-50 straight shows by now.
3rd April 2006 10:47 PM
ebmp I´m sure he´ll change em for Europe

I prefer him to play Before They make Me Run than Little T&A
3rd April 2006 11:37 PM
keeef good set

yea, keith has gotta get off these two songs already

he loves old music and should bring out more of those "nearness of you" type covers
4th April 2006 12:47 AM
Spru While this is a fantastic setlist, we all know we'll never see it. I have actually thought that Gimmie Shelter would be a great opener (i.e. Let It Bleed). Those chords coming out of the dark...wow...how surreal would that be? And I would like to see Mother's Little Helper performed live, too, but I won't hold my breath.
4th April 2006 03:19 AM
maumau switch the horrible Blinded by rainbows for the awesome Laugh i nearly died and I am ready to post this to Chuck any minute
4th April 2006 03:40 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
he played the same 2 songs during 40-50 straight shows by now.

26 shows. Since Montreal.
4th April 2006 07:03 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

1. Gimme Shelter
2. Bitch
3. Paint It Black
4. Dance Little Sister
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Emotional Rescue
7. Slave
8. Blinded By Rainbows
9. Back of My Hand
10. Stray Cat Blues
11. Start Me Up
12. Too Rude
13. Little T&A
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Mother’s Little Helper
16. Rip This Joint
17. Out of Control
18. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
19. Honky Tonk Women
20. Street Fighting Man
21. Shattered
22. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

I like that you have slave in the set list, but I'd trade Blinded By Rainbows for either She Saw Me Coming or Laugh, I Nearly Died off ABB. There's still too many new ones they haven't tried yet.
4th April 2006 10:03 AM
gimmekeef How about a 1.5 hour version of Rambler?....With a 20 minute encore of Gimmeshelter!
4th April 2006 10:06 AM
Aunt Jennifer
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How about a 1.5 hour version of Rambler?....With a 20 minute encore of Gimmeshelter!

Yea i would go for that one!
Sympathy for the devil for another 20 minutes would round this off nicely
4th April 2006 10:50 AM
glencar Dancing With Mr. D anyone?
4th April 2006 11:00 AM
gimmekeef Glencar..good choice..but only the Brussells version would do it for me..
4th April 2006 11:02 AM
glencar That's what I listened to yesterday. Magnifico!
5th April 2006 01:43 AM
Paranoid_Android No Satisisfaction...nearly perfect,just get rid of SMU...Hang Fire perhaps as a replacement...GOLDEN!!!!
5th April 2006 04:32 AM
speedfreakjive Gimme Shelter would be the perfect opener. For something different, play Salt Of The Earth last.
5th April 2006 05:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Hang Fire perhaps as a replacement...GOLDEN!!!!

good choice!!!
what about let me go?
5th April 2006 05:59 AM
speedfreakjive Rip This Joint for opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th April 2006 06:57 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
No Satisisfaction...nearly perfect,just get rid of SMU...Hang Fire perhaps as a replacement...GOLDEN!!!!

I'd be in favor of Hang fire if they played it the way they did on the 81 tour, with Keith riffing it up like a madman before the rest of the band comes in. I love the Hampton version myself.
5th April 2006 07:02 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I'd be in favor of Hang fire if they played it the way they did on the 81 tour, with Keith riffing it up like a madman before the rest of the band comes in. I love the Hampton version myself.

I can't see a song about how crap England was in the early 80's making a good opener..........................................
5th April 2006 07:04 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I can't see a song about how crap England was in the early 80's making a good opener..........................................

Thats just the lyrics, but musically live, its pure raw energy and a great way to start things off. But when it comes down to it, perhaps its safer just to start things off with a warhorse.
5th April 2006 07:06 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Thats just the lyrics, but musically live, its pure raw energy and a great way to start things off. But when it comes down to it, perhaps its safer just to start things off with a warhorse.

thats why I say Rip This Joint, as its not a warhorse, and is definitely a lively way to start proceedings!
5th April 2006 07:08 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

thats why I say Rip This Joint, as its not a warhorse, and is definitely a lively way to start proceedings!

Maybe they can open with this in China. Star Sar would be a very appropriate opener there.
6th April 2006 10:56 AM
Paranoid_Android I never meant to say that Hang Fire should be an opener...just a replacement for SMU in the proposed setlist.IMO SMU should just be retired along w/ a few other "standards"...I do love the 81 version of HF...as far as Let Me Go...not a bad choise either...

SAY WHAT THE HELL...SAY WHAT THE HELL !!!!
6th April 2006 10:58 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I think it would be effective as a B stage opener...after the Transport song (Miss You etc)
6th April 2006 11:36 AM
Break The Spell SMU could be replaced with many different tracks on TY, its just been played too much. Slave would be nice, they rehearsed it for the Licks Tour, it would be nice if they brought that one out.
8th April 2006 07:27 PM
JuStones my list:

-JJ Flash
-Monkey Man
-Sparks Will Fly
-Bitch
-Out Of Time
-Oh No Not You Again
-Midnight Rambler
-Paint It Black
-Gimme Shelter
-Thru and Thru
-Little Tits and Ass
-Sympathy For The Devil
-Thats How Strong My Love Is (B Stage)
-Like a Rolling Stone (B. Stage)
-Street Fighting Man (B Stage)
-It´s only Rock and Roll (B Stage)
-Rain Fall Down
-Honky Tonk Women
-You Cant Always Get What You Want
-Can't You Here Me Knocking?
[Edited by JuStones]
[Edited by JuStones]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)