ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen tour dates confirmed (NSC) Return to archive
April 6th, 2005 03:11 PM
Gazza from brucespringsteen.net

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SETS SOLO TOUR DATES

Bruce Springsteen will celebrate the release of his latest album, Devils & Dust (April 26; Columbia Records) by touring the United States and Europe this spring. The tour will be entirely solo and Springsteen will perform in theaters and in arenas scaled down to theater format. This will be his first solo tour since the 1996-1997 'Ghost of Tom Joad' tour.

Bruce Springsteen Spring 2005 U.S. and European Tour

April 25 Detroit, MI Fox Theatre
April 26 Devils & Dust Release Date
April 28 Dallas, TX Nokia Theatre at Grand Prairie
April 30 Phoenix, AR Glendale Arena
May 2 Los Angeles, CA Pantages Theatre
May 3 Los Angeles, CA Pantages Theatre
May 5 Oakland, CA Oakland Theatre
May 7 Denver, CO Convention Theatre
May 10 St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
May 11 Chicago, IL Rosemont Theatre
May 14 Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
May 15 Cleveland, OH CSU Convocation Center
May 17 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
May 19 East Rutherford, NJ The Theater at Continental Airlines Arena
May 20 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
May 24 Dublin, Ireland The Point
May 27 London, UK Royal Albert Hall
May 28 London, UK Royal Albert Hall
May 30 Brussels, Belgium Forest National
June 1 Barcelona, Spain Pavello Olimpic Badalona
June 2 Madrid, Spain Palacio De Deportes de la Comunidad
June 4 Bologna, Italy Palamalaguti Arena
June 6 Rome, Italy Palalottomatica Arena
June 7 Milan, Italy Milan Forum
June 11 Hamburg, German Color Line Arena
June 12 Berlin, Germany ICC
June 13 Munich, Germany Olympia Hall
June 15 Frankfurt, Germany Festhalle
June 16 Dusseldorf, Germany Phillipshalle
June 19 Rotterdam, Holland Ahoy
June 20 Paris, France Bercy
June 22 Copenhagen, Denmark Forum
June 23 Gothenberg, Sweden Scandinavium
June 25 Stockholm, Sweden Hovet

Expect an announcement of additional U.S. tour dates later this year.

April 6th, 2005 03:19 PM
BillyBoll Any idea when the UK and/or Dublin dates go on sale Gazza?
April 6th, 2005 03:24 PM
Gazza On backstreets.com they're listed as "TBA" although some US dates go on sale as early as this Friday (including Cleveland - Martha!)

see here for updates : http://www.backstreets.com/tour.html

I reckon it could be this Saturday

Solo Springsteen Ready To Tour

This is from Billboard.com - it appears that larger scale shows with the E-Street Band will follow later in the year...

Bruce Springsteen will begin a solo acoustic tour April 25 in Detroit, in support of his upcoming Columbia album, "Devils & Dust." The first North American leg of the tour will play 2,500- to 5,000-seat theaters and theater configurations in arenas through May 20 in Boston, to be followed by a European run that begins May 24 in Dublin.

The Boss will finish in Europe on June 25 in Stockholm, with more North American dates likely. "Our hope is that sometime by the fall we will come back to the U.S. and make some additional appearances in our biggest Bruce markets," longtime Springsteen manager Jon Landau tells Billboard.com.

Initially, the plan is to quickly showcase the new album, due April 26. "Bruce has a beautiful new CD that we're very excited about and we want to get out and show the colors right off, touching base with as many cities as we can conveniently do," Landau reports.

Ticket prices are still being finalized, but Landau says they will be in the $85 range for the premium seats. Springsteen last toured solo in support of the 1995 album "The Ghost of Tom Joad." On that outing, he played only acoustic guitar and harmonica; this time around, Springsteen will also play some piano, Landau says.

"Bruce is rehearsing the show right now, creating a very specific perspective for it," Landau says. "As is always the case with Bruce, the set will evolve right up until the last show." Tickets for some shows go on sale this weekend.

Landau says the new album "has a combination of rock music and acoustic music, but as a body of work we thought that the intimacy of the solo show wound up best serving the CD as a whole. The full rock version of some of the new songs is sure to be part of the next E Street Band tour."

On Monday (April 4), Springsteen taped an episode of the occasional VH1 series "Storytellers" at the new Two River Theatre in Red Bank, N.J. He previewed the title track of "Devils & Dust," as well as "Jesus Was an Only Son," and touched on material from across his career, including "Thunder Road," "Brilliant Disguise" and "The Rising." The broadcast premiere is scheduled for April 23.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 6th, 2005 03:27 PM
BillyBoll The font of all knowledge as ever Gazza.

I wonder if there will be a clash with the European Cup Final and if I will be torn between the two.......
[Edited by BillyBoll]
April 6th, 2005 03:31 PM
Gazza as optimistic as ever!

However, this is the 2005 tour, not 1985!
April 6th, 2005 04:22 PM
BillyBoll And as cruel as ever!!

You should know by now that I am eternally, perhaps misguidedly, optimistic that we will return to greatness.

Although it doesnt help when you've got russian blood money to contend with and an injury list as long as your arm.
April 6th, 2005 07:29 PM
Soldatti Bruce's new single "DEVILS & DUST" is ready to be a smash on US, 14,000 digital downloads according to Billboard and debuted on the Hot 100.
April 7th, 2005 08:00 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Bruce's new single "DEVILS & DUST" is ready to be a smash on US, 14,000 digital downloads according to Billboard and debuted on the Hot 100.

Don't necessarily expect much of a broader impact from activity on iTunes. I downloaded the song, and it's pretty much a snooze. (Not a bad song, but a snooze.) It'll be lucky to get any radio airplay...
April 7th, 2005 08:17 AM
mac_daddy please keep an eye out for presales for the pantages, please - i am looking, too - but i dont want to miss it...

April 7th, 2005 08:27 AM
Gazza I dont think there'll be a pre-sale. Nothing so far and the first ticket sale is tomorrow, I think, for some shows.

You might want to register here though if you miss out on the tickets scramble - http://www.backstreets.com/btx/
April 7th, 2005 08:54 AM
justinkurian I checked out the info for the New Jersey show at Continental Airlines and it's a two ticket limit...would make sense for the smaller club gigs, though.
April 7th, 2005 10:35 AM
Martha On backstreets.com they're listed as "TBA" although some US dates go on sale as early as this Friday (including Cleveland - Martha!)

Thanks Gary :-)......do you know any ticket prices yet?
April 7th, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza Jon Landau (the Boss of the Boss) says in the article quoted above that the high end of ticket prices should be in the $85 region

so, its basically going to be much the same on average as the last E-Street Band tour, which was $75 I believe.

Cleveland is on sale TOMORROW at 9 am.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 7th, 2005 07:40 PM
Gazza Between Friday April 8 and Monday April 11, all U.S. shows will be going on sale through Ticketmaster.

As follows :

Friday 4/8: Fairfax, Cleveland, Boston
Saturday 4/9: Detroit, Dallas, Phoenix, L.A., Denver, St. Paul, Chicago, East Rutherford
Monday 4/11: Oakland, Philadelphia

Most shows have a 2-ticket limit, with prices from $90 to $75
April 7th, 2005 07:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Between Friday April 8 and Monday April 11, all U.S. shows will be going on sale through Ticketmaster.

As follows :

Friday 4/8: Fairfax, Cleveland, Boston
Saturday 4/9: Detroit, Dallas, Phoenix, L.A., Denver, St. Paul, Chicago, East Rutherford
Monday 4/11: Oakland, Philadelphia

Most shows have a 2-ticket limit, with prices from $90 to $75

no presale..?
April 7th, 2005 08:30 PM
Gazza seemingly not

springsteen doesnt have an official fan club
April 7th, 2005 08:58 PM
mac_daddy thanks for the info - i know what i will be doing saturday morning...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood