ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan in Detroit on 4/12 Return to archive
April 5th, 2005 06:14 PM
Martha Ok, I've been home 5 minutes and already have tickets for the Detroit show. Great seats pulled up today and tempted me (oh my that was that a hard sell....lol) so we'll be there next Tuesday. Anyone else going? LMK!

Maaaaaaartha!
April 6th, 2005 11:32 AM
Martha I just counted it up and realized that this show will mark my 20th Dylan gig (since 1978). Wow!

Isn't anyone who posts here going to the Detroit show? I'm just dyiiiiin' to meeeet ya'! LMK!

peace and love,
Martha Mellencamp
April 6th, 2005 11:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:
I just counted it up and realized that this show will mark my 20th Dylan gig (since 1978). Wow!

I'm still ahead of you (I think I'm up to 26, from 1984 - 2004)

but the way things are going in the last year or so, you'll have overtaken me by about July....

Detroit, eh?

Something tells me someone's hoping for a Jack White cameo like last year....
April 6th, 2005 12:17 PM
Lazy Bones Detroit? Why not Buffalo?
April 6th, 2005 12:28 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm still ahead of you (I think I'm up to 26, from 1984 - 2004)

but the way things are going in the last year or so, you'll have overtaken me by about July....

Detroit, eh?

Something tells me someone's hoping for a Jack White cameo like last year....

LOL Gary you read my mind! Although I didn'; think about that until late last night as I was falling asleep. Is Jack in Detroit? I thought I'd heard he was, if so I know he'll come to the show. He, like me, cannot miss a Bob gig. :-)

26 shows...woah, not bad, I'm very impressed. :-) Is there a song you still haven't heard live you are wanting when he comes over to see you in the fall? :-) I haven't gotten Masters of War or Sugar Baby....which I want to experience live if I get lucky that is. I feel lucky just being able to go at all though. I do not take this for granted, not for one second. Being able to see Bob is truly a blessing in my life.

Anyone at all going to be at the Detroit gig then? Jack White you better let me know if you'll be going so I won't friggin' practically FAINT dead away this time.....LOL!

peace,
Martha (formerly) Ms. Mellencamp
April 6th, 2005 12:33 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Detroit? Why not Buffalo?

If I could swing it I would. I want to meet you so badly! And Lady Jane may be going too, and she's my rock in roll sister! We could have a jammin' time!

Bob would have to play LARS for us!!!! Like he did in Chicago for Parmeda, Hazy, Gazza, Chris and I. :-)

Detroit is much closer to home, the closest show to us in fact, this tour anyway. That is how I rationalized going to one more gig. hehehehe......................

Looks like plans are in the works for a co-headliner with Willie again starting in June?!?!

Ahhhhh.....yes! :-)

xxxxxxxooooooooo,
MM
April 6th, 2005 12:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

26 shows...woah, not bad, I'm very impressed. :-) Is there a song you still haven't heard live you are wanting when he comes over to see you in the fall? :-)

yep. "Love Minus Zero/No Limit"

Its not like he plays it THAT often, but it gets played often ENOUGH that after 26 shows I should have heard it at least once. I've missed it by a day or two a few times. Seem destined never to see him perform it, which would be a shame as it's a song that no matter how patchy the shows may have been down the years, he ALWAYS performs beautifully.

"Queen Jane Approximately" would be nice to finally hear too, but somewhat less realistic.

After the shows I saw last summer and when I clearly had too much time on my hands, I did a little chart of how many different songs I'd seen Bob perform in all of those shows. It came to 121, which is quite something :

and at the risk of boring you silly, heres a copy and paste - LOL:

Pretty Peggy O
Song To Woody
House Of Rising Sun
Blowin' In The Wind
Girl From The North Country
Masters Of War
Hard Rain
Don't Think Twice
Bob Dylan's Dream
Times Changin'
Hollis Brown
With God On Our Side
One Too Many Mornings
Boots of Spanish Leather
Hattie Carroll
Chimes Of Freedom
To Ramona
My Back Pages
I Don't Believe You
It Ain't Me, Babe
Subterranean Homesick Blues
She Belongs To Me
Maggie's Farm
Mr Tambourine Man
Its Alright Ma….
Baby Blue
Like A Rolling Stone
Tombstone Blues
It Takes A Train…
Ballad Of A Thin Man
Highway 61 Revisited
Tom Thumb's Blues
Desolation Row
Positively 4th Street
Rainy Day Women
Visions Of Johanna
I Want You
Memphis Blues Again
Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat
Just Like A Woman
Most Likely You Go..
4th Time Around
All Along The Watchtower
Frankie Lee & Judas Priest
Drifters Escape
Wicked Messenger
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
Lay Lady Lay
Country Pie
Tonight I'll Be Staying Here
Tell Me That It Isn't True
If Not For You
The Man In Me
Watching The River Flow
Tomorrow is a long time
I Shall Be Released
Down In The Flood
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Forever Young
Tangled Up In Blue
Simple Twist Of fate
If You See Her Say Hello
Shelter From The Storm
Tears Of Rage
This Wheel's On Fire
Joey
Gotta Serve Somebody
I Believe In You
Man Gave Names…
In The Garden
Solid Rock
Shot Of Love
Lenny Bruce
Every Grain Of Sand
Jokerman
License To Kill
I & I
Man Of Peace
Seeing The Real You
Silvio
Everything Is broken
Man in Long Black Coat
Ring Them bells
What Good Am I
Wiggle Wiggle
Under The Red Sky
Born In Time
God Knows
Cats In The Well
John Brown
Mama You Been On My Mind
Seven Days
Blind Willie McTell
Jim Jones
Tomorrow Night
Love Sick
Tryin' To get To heaven
Til I Fell In Love With You
Cold Irons Bound
Not Dark Yet
Can't Wait
Things Have Changed
Somebody Touched Me
Tweedle Dee …
Summer Days
Moonlight
Lonesome Day Blues
Floater
Honest With Me
Cry A While
Sugar Baby
Enough Is Enough
Tupelo Honey
Barbara Allen
I'm Movin' On
Newry Highwayman
Duncan and Brady
I Am The Man, Thomas
Searchin' For A Soldier's Grave
Hallelujah I'm Ready To Go
Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie

[Edited by Gazza]
April 6th, 2005 12:43 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yep. "Love Minus Zero/No Limit"

Its not like he plays it THAT often, but it gets played often ENOUGH that after 26 shows I should have heard it at least once. I've missed it by a day or two a few times. Seem destined never to see him perform it, which would be a shame as it's a song that no matter how patchy the shows may have been down the years, he ALWAYS performs beautifully.

"Queen Jane Approximately" would be nice to finally hear too, but somewhat less realistic.

Oh, I'd LOVE to get Queen Jane too, having heard it (thanks to you) performed on 3/7/05. I hope you get "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" with Bob it's always a possibility at least and you count on that! ;-)

He's in such fine form right now that the way I see it the shows just keep getting better and better. I'm truly amazed. He's unlike anyone touring now or perhaps ever.

I think ever. :-)

If the Stones would follow his lead I'd go mad with delight!!!!

xxxooo,
MM
April 6th, 2005 01:11 PM
Martha Gary your list of songs blows mine away and I haven't even compiled it yet....holy crap!

I got to go lay down after reading it aloud to Chris, I'm overwhelmed and exhausted! LOL

xxxooo,
MM
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood