ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A 72/73 Live Album Return to archive
April 5th, 2005 10:05 AM
headshrinker the topic about the australia 73 bootleg got me thinking about what a live album from the 72/73 era would be like if it were mastered and produced in the same way led zeppelins "How the west was won" was. it would be UNBELIEVABLE!. even better than ya'ya's.

why can't jagger realise how good they were then, and instead of releasing shite like live licks, delve into the vaults and make the general public remember why they were the greatest band live band ever. jimmy page took no shame in doing it and neither should the stones.
April 5th, 2005 10:31 AM
Gazza I guess it's easier for Page to do it as Zeppelin are a 'dead' band.

Jagger simply isnt that interested in ploughing through the archives to release old material. One argument would be that he sees the Stones as a 'current', active band (although a 14 month nostalgia tour with ONE new song performed in all that time seems to indicate a bit of a contradiction). Another cynical argument some hold is that issuing material from the band's 'golden era' while they're still active only reflects badly on what they are like NOW.

Hasn't stopped Dylan, however and nor should it stop the Stones.

Personally, I'd prefer a retrospective DVD myself. There's enough live albums.
April 5th, 2005 10:43 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER Absolutely agree with thaT!!!!!
a complete 72 show and all songs from goat head soup live during the european tour and the "rare" song of Los angeles show in 73 at the Inglewood (stuff like Route 66, Noexpectation and Stray cat)
April 5th, 2005 11:06 AM
Zeeta We got Ladies and Gentlemen? Or is that a bootleg?? Maybe it is?

Whatever it is - it's the most awesome piece of film ever!

The version of Happy is simply the holy grail!
April 5th, 2005 12:58 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
We got Ladies and Gentlemen? Or is that a bootleg?? Maybe it is?

Whatever it is - it's the most awesome piece of film ever!

The version of Happy is simply the holy grail!

April 5th, 2005 12:59 PM
glencar It was never an official release. I'm guessing they'll release the vaults after they retire/die/explode.
April 5th, 2005 06:59 PM
stonedinaustralia i was always of the understanding that the mooted double live album fom '72 never materialised due to the perennial problems arising from the fact that klein owned the publishing rights to most of the material
April 5th, 2005 07:46 PM
Soldatti 1972-73 live album?
Maybe on 5-10 years...
April 6th, 2005 04:56 PM
claudiomoraleida by the way, HAPPY on Ladies and Gentleman is overdubbed...
April 6th, 2005 05:58 PM
Phog As long as we're dicussing the vaults, I would like to see some more stuff from the '69 Tour come out.
April 6th, 2005 07:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Phog wrote:
As long as we're dicussing the vaults, I would like to see some more stuff from the '69 Tour come out.

Anything from 1963-82 on DVD's is perfect for me.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood