ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Australia 1973 Return to archive
April 4th, 2005 08:44 PM
telecaster The best two boots ever heard by the human ear and ever performed by any rock band

Simply amazing....

Beyond amazing....

April 4th, 2005 08:52 PM
corgi37 I was 10. Didnt even know about them at the time.

Then, i had to wait 22 years to see them!
April 4th, 2005 08:53 PM
telecaster
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I was 10. Didnt even know about them at the time.

Then, i had to wait 22 years to see them!

corgi do you have the boot? Or a version of it?
April 4th, 2005 09:02 PM
mac_daddy what title, tele..?

that tour f*ckin' smoked!!! the hardest rockin' the band has ever been.
April 4th, 2005 09:05 PM
telecaster
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
what title, tele..?

that tour f*ckin' smoked!!! the hardest rockin' the band has ever been.

This title:

http://www.rockpassion.com/mp3boots/sydney73/sydney73.htm

Click, play, enjoy

Someone posted the other show which was as good if not better
April 4th, 2005 09:15 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

This title:

http://www.rockpassion.com/mp3boots/sydney73/sydney73.htm

Click, play, enjoy

Someone posted the other show which was as good if not better

a-ha.

welcome to austrailia is a classic...

April 4th, 2005 10:43 PM
glencar Is that the Perth '73 show? Classic indeed.
April 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
Make It Funky Wow!!!!!! See!?!? WHY CANT all songs be downloaded liek this? Why waste all teh bullshit time/effort/agony with the bit.torrent stuff... when you can just DOWNLOAD it, and hear it!!!!!!!

Thank you for posting this. I do NOT understand how i can hear these tunes so easily, but not bit.torrent.. (nor that Tina Turner thing)... but hey.. Midnight Rambler.. '73... Sydney? Yeah... makes up for it.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 4th, 2005 11:14 PM
Make It Funky OMG.... all you need is Rambler and YCAGWYW... to hear Mick jagger laughign in concert, taht it interrupts teh lyrics, is... so amazing!!!!!!!! hahah I love it. Taylor's guitar solos are... phenomonal!!! Wow.

THANK YOU so much for offering this. Brilliant.
April 5th, 2005 12:00 AM
texile AMEM! all the australian gigs were great, BUT, WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA is the greatest single boot/performance buy the greatest rock and roll band of all time................
everyone who hears this boot is blown away;
tumbling dice, ycagwyw - fucking everything is working here:
this is THE ONE that should be in a time capsule.
it's sublime........
and the sound on the australia 73 shows is like being in the front at a bbq cook-off - it's THAT intimate and clear........not slick like most sound-board recordings.
the stones should release this, and the world will forgive all thier sins.
EVERY STONES FAN SHOULD OWN THIS!
i love the way mick sings on td: "i love ya, love ya, love ya........."fucking great!
April 5th, 2005 12:14 AM
telecaster
quote:
texile wrote:
AMEM! all the australian gigs were great, BUT, WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA is the greatest single boot/performance buy the greatest rock and roll band of all time................
everyone who hears this boot is blown away;
tumbling dice, ycagwyw - fucking everything is working here:
this is THE ONE that should be in a time capsule.
it's sublime........
and the sound on the australia 73 shows is like being in the front at a bbq cook-off - it's THAT intimate and clear........not slick like most sound-board recordings.
EVERY STONES FAN SHOULD OWN THIS!
i love the way mick sings on td: "i love ya, love ya, love ya........."fucking great!

Great points

May I add, listen to Keith. He does not miss a note/chord and defines what rythym guitar should sound like. Nobody has ever copied this recored sound. It can't be done

When some young whipper snapper ever says "what did Keith ever do?", grab them by the scruff of their neck and stick this in their face/ears

Keith is that good on this. And what Mick Taylor does
is beyond....well...just beyond

Together they were the best

Share this with the world, let the word go forth.....

I remain,

your buddy

telecaster

April 5th, 2005 01:06 AM
Bloozehound I've heard of this boot, but don't have it, sounds pretty good.

Rip this Joint boogie woogies

You guys should really get on the eztree/bit torrent bandwagon, it could change your life, there's a ton of great Stones bootlegs there.
April 5th, 2005 06:50 AM
headshrinker
quote:
texile wrote:

yeah i know. Zeppelin released a live album that was 30 years old (HTWWW) because it was them at their best, so why cant/shouldnt the stones? if not this show, definitely something from the 72/73 era. Can you imagine a 26/7/72 live album produced and touched up the way HTWWW was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:
April 5th, 2005 07:18 AM
Zack
quote:
texile wrote:
AMEM! all the australian gigs were great, BUT, WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA is the greatest single boot/performance buy the greatest rock and roll band of all time................

In the top 5 of all time, absolutely, but better than Brussels? I don't think so.

Everyone should own WTA? 100% correct.
April 5th, 2005 08:04 AM
Chuck "May I add, listen to Keith. He does not miss a note/chord and defines what rythym guitar should sound like."

Wrong---Keith quite clearly fucks up the intro to "Love in Vain".
April 5th, 2005 08:39 AM
telecaster
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"May I add, listen to Keith. He does not miss a note/chord and defines what rythym guitar should sound like."

Wrong---Keith quite clearly fucks up the intro to "Love in Vain".

Wrong---Keith quite clearly plays it great

Chuck what the fuck. What the fuck Chuck

If that is fucking up it should be taught to every kid that wants to ever play quitar

April 5th, 2005 08:57 AM
Chuck "Wrong---Keith quite clearly plays it great

If that is fucking up it should be taught to every kid that wants to ever play quitar"

====================

Put your religion aside and try to stay credible. Keith clearly hits the open A string by accident during the intro on this boot---it's as plain as day.

So the poster who said is "He does not miss a note/chord" is wrong.

April 5th, 2005 09:05 AM
Chuck And that would be you.
April 5th, 2005 09:19 AM
polksalad69
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Wow!!!!!! See!?!? WHY CANT all songs be downloaded liek this? Why waste all teh bullshit time/effort/agony with the bit.torrent stuff... when you can just DOWNLOAD it, and hear it!!!!!!!

Thank you for posting this. I do NOT understand how i can hear these tunes so easily, but not bit.torrent.. (nor that Tina Turner thing)... but hey.. Midnight Rambler.. '73... Sydney? Yeah... makes up for it.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

why, because that shit is mp3. fine for personal use only. get hip to the BT...
April 5th, 2005 09:58 AM
telecaster
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"Wrong---Keith quite clearly plays it great

If that is fucking up it should be taught to every kid that wants to ever play quitar"

====================

Put your religion aside and try to stay credible. Keith clearly hits the open A string by accident during the intro on this boot---it's as plain as day.

So the poster who said is "He does not miss a note/chord" is wrong.

How do you know he didn't mean to hit the open "A" string at that exact moment? How do you know he wasn't using a capo so it wasn't an "open" A?

Chuck when you smell flowers do you start looking for a funeral?
April 5th, 2005 12:28 PM
texile if not this show, definitely something from the 72/73 era. Can you imagine a 26/7/72 live album produced and touched up the way HTWWW was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:>>

headshrinker, those have my been thoughts exactly...........
with all these kids walking around with the live 72 tour t-shirts.....mick and keith should catipalize on it;
and chuck-up: the fuck-ups just remind you that this is the real shit!
the sound on this boot beats the shit out of brussels: it's got that gritty, dirty sound that is rarely captured in a recording; and brussels is great, but too clean.
April 5th, 2005 12:52 PM
Jumping Jack Bitch and Rocks Off from Perth 73 are simply the definitive versions, the best ever recorded.
April 5th, 2005 07:03 PM
Chuck "How do you know he didn't mean to hit the open "A" string at that exact moment?"

How do you know he wasn't using a capo so it wasn't an "open" A?"

There's something pathological about you.

April 5th, 2005 07:37 PM
Chuck "and chuck-up: the fuck-ups just remind you that this is the real shit!"

No shit Sherlock.
April 5th, 2005 09:42 PM
jpenn11
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is that the Perth '73 show? Classic indeed.

Welcome to Australia is Sidney 2/27
There was also a Sidney show on 2/26.
Perth was on 2/24.

For a long time, the 2/27 has been the only complete soundboard of a Stones show with Mick Taylor.

April 5th, 2005 09:59 PM
corgi37 Old Corgi does indeed have none of these boots.

I feel like a traitor!
April 6th, 2005 02:01 AM
marko And ofcourse i have them,all,which are available.Most are
even original cd-boots,insteadt of cdrīs.Best Taylor era if
u ask me.
April 6th, 2005 07:56 PM
corgi37 Lucky duck.
April 6th, 2005 10:35 PM
Make It Funky No~ I disagree. bit.torrent SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not user friendly. It is unavailable. IT takes days, weeks do download... and when you do get it finally downloaded, after leaving your computer on for a week, you can't fucking listen to the stuff anyways!!!!

I say bit.torrent is useless and all hype. All talk, and no action. Its like some kind of stupid program for keeners and I.T. nerds.

I say, to who ever that kind person was who provided that Stones live in Sydney '73 was a genious!!!!!!!! And I thank you so eternally for it. EVery Stones recording should be available at the click of a button. And hear it automatically like it was done on here, like the Sydney '73 show. Until that happens... bit.torrent can kiss my ass.

Cheers.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood