ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mellencamp, Fogerty Partner for Summer Tour (NSC) Return to archive
April 4th, 2005 10:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Mellencamp, Fogerty Partner for Summer Tour

Sun Apr 3, 9:35 AM
By Ray Waddell

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - John Mellencamp) will follow up a successful spring run in primarily secondary markets with a summer amphitheater tour with John Fogerty), Billboard has learned.

The two rock artists' approximately 40-date trek begins June 14 in West Palm Beach, Fla., and runs through Sept. 3 in Charlotte, N.C. Tickets for the summer tour go on sale April 23.

Mellencamp's spring run, which featured Donovan as support, wraps April 17 in Louisville.

Mellencamp recently told Billboard an expensive summer tour was likely. "If I go out and I enjoy this, then I'll continue," he said. "If I go out and it's a pain in the ass, I'll go back home."

Reuters/Billboard
April 4th, 2005 11:46 AM
Martha YAY!!!!!!! I'm gonna get to see John Fogerty!!!!! Chris and I have tickets to the Louisville show with Donovan and I think that will be fantastic too. Summer is shaping up quite well! Thanks for posting this news.

:-)
April 4th, 2005 11:20 PM
Taptrick

I'd love to see John and John do some roots duets.

April 5th, 2005 12:55 PM
Jumping Jack Are the cities and dates confirmed and posted anywhere?
April 5th, 2005 12:57 PM
glencar Boring, party of two, your table is ready!!
April 5th, 2005 02:12 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Boring, party of two, your table is ready!!

If this bores you what is your cup o' tea?
April 5th, 2005 02:17 PM
glencar Stones, U2, anything but Fogerty & past-his-prime Mellocamp. I know you really like JcougarM but I find him insufferably dull. Still, I hope you have a great time as you are a sweetheart & I like you despite your out-of-step political views.
April 5th, 2005 06:23 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Stones, U2, anything but Fogerty & past-his-prime Mellocamp. I know you really like JcougarM but I find him insufferably dull. Still, I hope you have a great time as you are a sweetheart & I like you despite your out-of-step political views.

It's always nice to be liked, thank you for saying that glencar. :-) Since I was once Johnny's wife, albeit very briefly, I do have a great fondness and respect for him. I especially love what his band is doing nowadays. I love those bluesy root performances they give and Johnny can sing 'em, I've always loved his voice.

I have to see Fogerty as well. Never have. It will be a great show for me.

Hope you get to see as many Stones and U2 shows as you can. I'm right there with ya on that.

peace,
Martha

PS I've never been "in-step" with the mainstream....I take that as a compliment. Indeed.
April 5th, 2005 06:24 PM
Jumping Jack Two of the greatest songwriters ever.
April 5th, 2005 07:06 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

It's always nice to be liked, thank you for saying that glencar. :-) Since I was once Johnny's wife, albeit very briefly, I do have a great fondness and respect for him. I especially love what his band is doing nowadays. I love those bluesy root performances they give and Johnny can sing 'em, I've always loved his voice.

I have to see Fogerty as well. Never have. It will be a great show for me.

Hope you get to see as many Stones and U2 shows as you can. I'm right there with ya on that.

peace,
Martha

PS I've never been "in-step" with the mainstream....I take that as a compliment. Indeed.

You were one of his various wives?
April 5th, 2005 07:08 PM
glencar Elaine Irwin-Mellencamp (6 September 1992 - present) 2 children

Vicky Granucci (May 1981 - 1989) (divorced) 2 children

Priscilla Esterline (1969 - 1981) (divorced) 1 child
April 6th, 2005 02:35 AM
Starbuck personally, i would rather be smothered in honey and stuck in a hill of fire ants than have to be forced to sit through a mellencamp show. besides the eagles, he is the most overrated, soulless "rock star" out there, imo. i've always liked little pink houses for some odd reason, and jack & diane doesn't exactly make me want to run to the toidy, but everything else is pure drivel. ROCK in the USA? authority's song?

ish. just plain ish!
April 6th, 2005 11:15 AM
Martha
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
personally, i would rather be smothered in honey and stuck in a hill of fire ants than have to be forced to sit through a mellencamp show. besides the eagles, he is the most overrated, soulless "rock star" out there, imo. i've always liked little pink houses for some odd reason, and jack & diane doesn't exactly make me want to run to the toidy, but everything else is pure drivel. ROCK in the USA? authority's song?

ish. just plain ish!

Have you checked out Johnny's songs beyond the hits?

Some of my favorites include:
Your Life is Now
Rain on the Scarecrow
Minutes to Memories
Between a Laugh and a Tear
Justice and Independence '85
I'm Not Running Anymore
Fruit Trader
Human Wheels
Peaceful World
The Real Life

To each his own.

My marriage to Johnny was very very brief. You won't find any info about it in the press.

Your life is now!

Martha
April 6th, 2005 11:50 AM
padre Martha says she don't need no stinkin' man makin' no decisions for her!
April 6th, 2005 12:28 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
personally, i would rather be smothered in honey and stuck in a hill of fire ants than have to be forced to sit through a mellencamp show. besides the eagles, he is the most overrated, soulless "rock star" out there, imo. i've always liked little pink houses for some odd reason, and jack & diane doesn't exactly make me want to run to the toidy, but everything else is pure drivel. ROCK in the USA? authority's song?

ish. just plain ish!

YOU SHOULD DIG DEEPER..CHECK OUT MINUTES TO MEMORIES;IN OUR LIVES;END OF THE WORLD;THANK YOU;JACKIE BROWN;GET A LEG UP;WARMER PLACE TO SLEEP; AND ON AND ON
IMO,THE BEST US SONGWRITER SINCE DYLAN-HE'S EVOLVED SINCE 1982.
April 6th, 2005 12:38 PM
Martha
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

YOU SHOULD DIG DEEPER..CHECK OUT MINUTES TO MEMORIES;IN OUR LIVES;END OF THE WORLD;THANK YOU;JACKIE BROWN;GET A LEG UP;WARMER PLACE TO SLEEP; AND ON AND ON
IMO,THE BEST US SONGWRITER SINCE DYLAN-HE'S EVOLVED SINCE 1982.

These are on my list as well......thanks for adding them BILL PERKS!
----------------------------------------------

padre says:
Martha says she don't need no stinkin' man makin' no decisions for her!
-----------------------------
Thank you for your sweet and bitter fruits
------------------------------------------
Right on brother!

What exactly made you say that though? LOL

xxxoooo,

Martha Mellencamp (albeit briefly)
April 6th, 2005 03:48 PM
padre Martha say she don't need no stinking man making no decisions for her.
She don't need his money, she don't need him between the sheets,
She ain't gonna sleep on the edge of the bed for no stinking man.
And that's the way she lives 'cause I saw her last night
Pouring water on a drowning man in the moonlight, saying:

Hi-de-hi-de-hi, brother,
Hi-de-hi-de-hey now, Martha.
Hi-de-hi-de-hi, sister.
Say what, hey you, look out, Martha.

Martha say she don't need no revolver to shoot some idiot down.
She can do it with her eyes, she can do it with her smile,
She can do it with a conversation just walking down the hall.
Man, now ain't that the truth 'cause i saw her take a bite out of
Some macho dude laying some corn ball line on her last night, saying:

Hi-de-hi-de-hi, brother,
Hi-de-hi-de-hi, sister.

Martha say say she ain't changin', no nothin' for nobody for
No damn good reason.
It's the way that she wants it, it's the way that she gets it.
Well, the girl loves playing hardball, it leaves me in a
No win situation saying:

Hi-de-hi-de-hi, brother,
Hi-de-hi-de-hi, sister.
April 6th, 2005 10:29 PM
Larry Dallas All you have to do is listen to the rock n roll masterpiece "Human Wheels" album to understand that the Coog is not "souless." If you like that one, then listen to "Big Daddy." That one is his overlooked master recording if you ask me. Love to Martha!
April 6th, 2005 10:38 PM
glencar Funnily enough, after I posted here VH1 Classic ran an old Cougar video from the early days. B&W & set in a car. I liked that song but didn't catch the title. Of the songs perks listed, only "Get A Leg Up" holds any appeal.
April 6th, 2005 11:10 PM
polksalad69 Got to see Fogerty last November. Free ticket too. He puts on a good show. He's a little goofy but that's ok. Johnny Menstrualcramp is a bit boring but oh well, it should be a good time.
April 7th, 2005 02:27 PM
sammy davis jr. Mellencamp is hit and miss, but songs like Human Wheels, Big Daddy, etc. are cool by me. His Uh Huh record is one of the most Stones influenced records I've ever heard, guitar wise. Hell, he even thanks 'em on the credits.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood