ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Two Glasses of Wine - Demo or Fake Return to archive
April 3rd, 2005 09:10 PM
Taptrick
I ran across this recently and I suspect fake - but the Jagger voice sounds right on at times. Can anyone help me out. Is it a fake or an unreleased song? And no this is not Blood Red Wine. It starts out with an engineer saying, "Two glasses...take five...I'm on my second glass..." Sounds like a two-chord change with one guitar doing some Heart of Stone-type phrasing while the other does chords. Vocals, "Two glasses of wine - when my women's in bed(?) - with another man...."
April 4th, 2005 08:30 PM
Taptrick
I ask again....
April 4th, 2005 08:34 PM
Gazza probably because no one seems to have heard of it, which should give you your answer!

where did you find this?
April 4th, 2005 11:17 PM
Taptrick

It was off WinMX Gazza. I'm not that good with computers. Is there a way to e-mail you the file and see what you think of it? I agree it's probably a hoax but I guess I'm just looking for someone to verify my thoughts.
April 4th, 2005 11:26 PM
Bloozehound I've got it too, the description says

The Rolling Stones-1969-1973-Outtake-Two Glasses of Wine(rare unreleased demo)
April 5th, 2005 01:10 AM
Taptrick
So what do you think Bloozehound?

[Edited by Taptrick]
April 5th, 2005 01:42 AM
Bloozehound Micks voice is kinda deep, but it sounds like the Stones to me

I'm not sure what boot it came off of, Rolling Stones 1969-73 sounds kinda generic, maybe somethings mislabled
April 5th, 2005 04:50 PM
rocky hi ! iv'e herd it too.it's a fake...the same thing is 96 tears.it's an us garage band from 1966. rocky
April 5th, 2005 04:52 PM
glencar ? and the Mysterians is the band he's talking about. 96 Tears was their big hit.
April 5th, 2005 04:58 PM
glencar I did a search of their releases & didn't see "2 Glasses of Wine" listed. I did note that they did "Satisfaction" & "That's How Strong My Love Is" which had a strong use of the Farfisa organ. They also did a song called "It's Not Easy" but it wasn't the same as what's on Aftermath.
April 5th, 2005 06:24 PM
stewed & Keefed It's been around for a long time, and it is a fake.
April 5th, 2005 07:08 PM
glencar Garland Jeffreys also did "96 Tears" in the early 80's.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood