ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Altamont Return to archive
April 3rd, 2005 05:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels If this report is indeed true, I'm kind of puzzled as to the "why". It doesn't make any sense to me. Why bother?

ROLLING STONES QUIZZED OVER RE-OPENED MURDER CASE

The ROLLING STONES are to be quizzed by detectives over the murder of a fan at an American concert 36 years ago.

American police have re-opened the case into the killing of African-American MEREDITH HUNTER - who was allegedly murdered by a racist Hell's Angel at a free concert at Altamont, California in 1969 - according to British newspaper the SUNDAY STAR.

The PAINT IT BLACK rockers have officially stayed silent on the tragedy and made an out-of-court settlement to avoid a wrongful death lawsuit, paying Hunter's mother $10,000 (GBP5,300).

However police are now investigating whether the Hell's Angels were hired as security by the band and, if so, the Stones could be considered to have played a part in events leading to Hunter's death.

A police insider says, "MICK JAGGER denied any link with the Hell's Angels. But if the Stones hadn't hired them, what were they doing there?"

03/04/2005 21:35

April 3rd, 2005 06:27 PM
VanishByDawn BS! where did you get this?
April 3rd, 2005 06:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VanishByDawn wrote:
BS! where did you get this?

www.contactmusic.com
its kind of "web tabloid"... but I had heard the rumor before.
April 3rd, 2005 08:31 PM
corgi37 Shit, the coppers are quick, aint they!

They been watching Cold Case too much.
April 3rd, 2005 10:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Shit, the coppers are quick, aint they!

They been watching Cold Case too much.

Well I do have a theory. Queen Camilla is going to get even with everybody. "Hell hath no fury like a wanna be groupie scorned."
April 3rd, 2005 11:15 PM
Soldatti A waste of time...
April 4th, 2005 02:46 AM
gorda Meredith Hunter had a gun and he was pointing at the stage!

The Stones were not the local band, if anyone was responisible, it was Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, but he's is no longer here, so CASE CLOSED!!!!

P.S. Not all bikers are evil!
April 4th, 2005 02:49 AM
gorda Furthermore, Keith Richards clearly said, "Ah, man, we're splitting man, if those cats don't stop beating everybody up!"

(In other words, he was against the violence and force that the Hell's Angels were using. He tried to stop it! Mick also tried several times. The crowd was just too big and out of control. )
April 4th, 2005 03:22 AM
corgi37 And Mayles is dead. And 99% of the crowd were out of their mind.

Though, there should be some cool witnesses.

The fat nude guy.

The fat nude chick near the end, climbing over everyone (imagine being under that! ewwww).

The black guy who wont piss off from the backstage area.

The blonde with tears in her eyes, and the guy with frizzy hair shaking his head to Mick, and next to him, the suave looking blond dude (man, i bet he got all the chicks), also shaking his head.

The dude who smacked Jagger (go on, admit it, we'd all LOVE to do that too! hahahaha).

Sonny Barger - he reminds me of the dad from Custom Choppers.

What about Hunters white chick friend? What ever happened to her?

The spaced out biker making those unreal faces.

The chick who plays the flute.

The dude selling the hashish with the McCarthur style corn-cob pipe.

The guy with the fat ass, laying his blanket down, wondering where his friends are, but not too concerned, as he and his sheila have the food.

Grace Slick - wonder who she did that day?

Was Wavy Gravy there? I love that guy.

To me, Altamont is like Woodstock. Roughly 400,000 people there, but with every one saying "Oh, man, i was there, i KNOW i was there", the figure must be around 22,000,000 - and rising. Every boomer worth his salt was at Woodstock in 69. I mean, sure, in February, or October, but hey, technically, they were there! lol.

This could make the Jacko trial look like a Perry Mason episode! Bring it on. I am dying to see it dramatised on E!!!!!!
April 4th, 2005 08:24 AM
throbby Hey Corgi! You forgot the older blonde collecting for the Black Panther defense fund.
April 4th, 2005 09:57 AM
J.J.Flash The guy had a gun ready to pull the trigger. PERIOD!
April 4th, 2005 01:01 PM
gimmekeef Yaeh..the chick collecting for the Black Panthers...her comments were the most naive stupid things ever said into a microphone...Laugh my ass off everytime I watch that part.....
April 4th, 2005 01:06 PM
CraigP Yeah, she was one dumb bitch.
Like previously stated, he pulled out a gun and aimed it at the stage.
Hell, I would have stabbed him too!
April 4th, 2005 09:51 PM
corgi37 QUOTE: "After all, their just black people".

No doubt a Rhodes scholar!

And i forgot the black dude who was dancing, and they speed the film up.

And the chick with really long hair, parted in the middle, who is seen heaps of times.

And that spastic old bloke with the beard, long hair and looks like he is dressed like a Mummy. His dancing was faaarrr out, man.
April 4th, 2005 10:41 PM
glencar Wasn't this investigated back in '69/'70? This sounds more like a lawsuit investigation.
April 5th, 2005 01:24 AM
gorda And I thought I was obsessed!

How many times have you seen Gimmie Shelter?

Damn!

April 5th, 2005 01:28 AM
gorda My favorite is the girl standing near the Rolling Stones' trailer, begging to see her Micky!

"Do you think he'll be coming out?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee!

Micky! Micky! MIcky! "
April 5th, 2005 08:39 AM
Gazza LOL. Struck a chord, huh?
April 5th, 2005 08:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And Mayles is dead. And 99% of the crowd were out of their mind.

Though, there should be some cool witnesses.

The fat nude guy.

The fat nude chick near the end, climbing over everyone (imagine being under that! ewwww).

The black guy who wont piss off from the backstage area.

The blonde with tears in her eyes, and the guy with frizzy hair shaking his head to Mick, and next to him, the suave looking blond dude (man, i bet he got all the chicks), also shaking his head.

The dude who smacked Jagger (go on, admit it, we'd all LOVE to do that too! hahahaha).

Sonny Barger - he reminds me of the dad from Custom Choppers.

What about Hunters white chick friend? What ever happened to her?

The spaced out biker making those unreal faces.

The chick who plays the flute.

The dude selling the hashish with the McCarthur style corn-cob pipe.

The guy with the fat ass, laying his blanket down, wondering where his friends are, but not too concerned, as he and his sheila have the food.

Grace Slick - wonder who she did that day?

Was Wavy Gravy there? I love that guy.

To me, Altamont is like Woodstock. Roughly 400,000 people there, but with every one saying "Oh, man, i was there, i KNOW i was there", the figure must be around 22,000,000 - and rising. Every boomer worth his salt was at Woodstock in 69. I mean, sure, in February, or October, but hey, technically, they were there! lol.

This could make the Jacko trial look like a Perry Mason episode! Bring it on. I am dying to see it dramatised on E!!!!!!

almost crying with laughter at this lot of 'pot'ential witnesses.

You forgot one, though.

The hopelessly optimistic dillhole who comforts Meredith's girlfriend (who has just seen her boyfriend stabbed and kicked to death in front of her eyes) with "it'll be ok".

Obviously a relation of Saddam's information minister.
April 5th, 2005 10:06 PM
corgi37 Yeah Gazza! "They are doing everything in their power".

That person was up to something. Probably thought "Hey, this chick is single now".

And, just another thing. How freaking skinny is the blonde guitar player for Jefferson Airplane?

Man, my dick is thicker than his arms.

Then again, my dick is thicker than...

...gotta go.
April 6th, 2005 01:55 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

almost crying with laughter at this lot of 'pot'ential witnesses.

You forgot one, though.

The hopelessly optimistic dillhole who comforts Meredith's girlfriend (who has just seen her boyfriend stabbed and kicked to death in front of her eyes) with "it'll be ok".

Obviously a relation of Saddam's information minister.

''Obviously a relation of Saddam's information minister''

RArarararrarararararararara LOL
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood