ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Going to a Go Go...Fiji Says Goodbye Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 4th, 2005 10:34 PM
FPM C10
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
We need a Corgi of the day post.

April 5th, 2005 10:10 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
we just don't do politics on the Couch.

No , but you fellas do everything ELSE on the couch !

{ CA - RACK !!! }

Off the Facade ...

" He's just too damn good Ronnie ! "

Stritzkee & Franz ! ™
April 5th, 2005 10:56 AM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
quantity uber alles!

qualintity rules!
April 5th, 2005 11:18 AM
Zeeta A fairly irrelevant thread...

should be locked / deleted as far as I'm concerned
April 5th, 2005 11:24 AM
FPM C10
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

WHA-a-a-t?? And delete the first ever Corgi-of-the-Day???

Why? Why? WHY??
April 5th, 2005 11:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

..and is it different from what he chose to say himself here, AND from the totally DIFFERENT story he posted at Maxy's? For those of you who don't want to take the trouble to go all the way over there, at Maxy's FAR superior board (at least all 8 of the regular/only posters think so)Fiji said he made his grand exit because he was threatened with banishment here for creating alternate identities, specifically a clone of Joey. And somehow it was Joey's fault that the administrators told Fiji to knock it the hell off. Since Maxy's IS a public site, I guess it's not too much of an infraction to repeat that here. Like all of the other stuff that's said over there concerning people and events here, it's no secret.

I make no apologies for telling Fiji to knock off the 'alternative identities' shit. I did so knowing who it was doing it, but did so by not embarrassing the guy by mentioning him by name. The "Bizarro JB" schtick was Ok because going by the name and avatar it obviously wasnt JB himself, but when you're copying the avatars, photos and signatures and everything that goes with it of two other posters -and then posting under a screenname thats (quite cleverly) almost identical to the originals, then anyone can see that that is completely open to abuse and could potentially lead to a lot of problems.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Fiji (who I happen to like) is the type of guy who would impersonate another poster in a way that would be malicious, however when someone starts that, then before you know it, others will copy it and soon the whole board is awash with that kind of stuff - and it can be used by some people in a way that CAN be malicious.

Fiji has been a victim of that himself, when someone used a name similar to his own and made a post directed at him which was nasty and downright sinister. I've seen that stuff on Gasx3 and other sites where posters have 'impersonated' others and it can lead to a shitload of problems. Voodoo, Jaxx and I have all been on Stones sites in the past that were eventually closed down or left as wastelands because things like spamming and impersonation simply went unchecked and anarchy took over. (thats actually the reason WHY we ended up starting THIS site).

Again, I know the guy isnt like that, but we have to take some kind of steps to make sure that doesnt happen here and asking someone not to create identities impersonating other posters isn't much to ask.

and for the record, no one snitched on him or asked us to threaten to ban him or any of that crap. I simply told him to stop doing it as the potential was there for it to be abused.

I don't think anyone can seriously find it unreasonable that I ask people NOT to do that.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 5th, 2005 11:45 AM
Zeeta yeah that should be the last post on the thread - a dog turding! How apt!

Corgi is a good poster of material not a good poster as in one you may put on your wall.
[Edited by Zeeta]
April 5th, 2005 12:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
But that's why Maxy has a seperate politics board...we just don't do politics on the Couch.

That works out pretty good too. Maxy was smart to do that. Not that talking politics is anything bad...just gets out of control too easily. Besides when talking politics you always run into a lot of people who have no idea what they're talking about....very unteachable people. They just don't listen!!!

April 5th, 2005 03:54 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
We need a Corgi of the day post.

Corgi is " THE KING " !!!!!

Period !!!!!

J.
April 5th, 2005 04:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Corgi is " THE KING " !!!!!

Period !!!!!

J.

April 5th, 2005 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
I think some of the posts in this thread are a perfect example of why Fiji left

Fuc*ing Andrew ...........................................

There is something that you need to know --- You see , The Fiji hasn't really gone away -- Indeed , he is EVER PRESENT .

In fact , I got Fiji right here with me in my shirt pocket .

***** Young Joey whips out a minature , rubber ' Fiji Doll ' that he has tucked away in his shirt pocket and begins to hold the doll up high for everyone to see whilst clenching it very tightly in his fist *****

This is his conscience ---- and I keep it with me wherever I go to keep me on guard !!!!!!

" Come on Gorilla ............. We're in Manilla ! "

******** Joey now begins to punch the little " Fiji Doll " back and forth whilst holding in tightly in his hand *********

( tremendous laughter + applause + standing ovation from the audience )

" Come on Gorilla .............. THIS is a Thrilla ! "

******** Joey now laughing hysterically as he continues to bat the minature ' Fiji Doll ' back and forth whilst clenching it tightly in his fist **********

( Roaring laughter from audience + deafening applause + Don King Chortling in Background )

Joey Ali ................ALI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by Joe Frazier ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 5th, 2005 04:51 PM
glencar F*cking Andrew is really going to be pissed now! LOOKOUT!
April 5th, 2005 04:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
F*cking Andrew is really going to be pissed now! LOOKOUT!

Amen !

April 5th, 2005 09:45 PM
Starbuck Hadrian (ruled 117-130 AD) Hadrian, adopted son and successor to Trajan, was called the Greekling by the Romans of his court because of his love of Hellenic language and culture.

The Pantheon (118-128) now called S. Maria della Rotonda. Dedicated to the twelve Olympian gods, the present temple replaced an two earlier ones; the first, built by Marcus Agrippa in , was destroyed in the great fire of 80 AD, was rebuilt by Domitian but burned again in 110 AD.

Hadrian reconstructed the original inscription of Agrippa's first temple on the portico of his Pantheon, a building the design of which he may have been personal involved. The inscription reads: M. AGRIPPA L F COS TERTIUM FECIT

The Pantheon is the first temple to combine concrete construction--a technique in which the Romans were especially innovative--with the more conservative if decorative use of Greek classical orders. Originally, the visitor approached the temple through a courtyard precinct, where the main altar was located. A colonnade on three sides of this courtyard served to mask from view a sight of the real domed form of the building. Only the classical portico with huge (40 roman feet high) unfluted columns of black and red Egyptian granite could be seen. Attached awkwardly to the curvilinear drum of the building, this portico peak hid the hemispherical dome that gave a clue to appearance of the interior.

April 5th, 2005 09:55 PM
corgi37 2 Corgi of the day posts.

I can die a happy man.
April 5th, 2005 11:44 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew I am pissed. Buncha numbnuts. I'm gonna tell Fiji and have him come play rope a dope with all ya'll.
April 6th, 2005 01:53 AM
corgi37 Oooooo, dont tell Fiji. Please.
April 6th, 2005 02:58 AM
Schizo Joey Oh somewhere in this cyberland the sun is shining bright. The Stones are playing somewhere, and someones got joints to light.

And, somewhere men are laughing and little children shout, but there is no joy at Rocks Off, the mighty F-F-F-Fiji hath struck out.

!!!!!!!!!!
April 6th, 2005 09:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Schizo Joey wrote:
And, somewhere men are laughing and little children shout, but there is no joy at Rocks Off, the mighty F-F-F-Fiji hath struck out.

It will be a Killa ..................

And a Thrilla .......................

And a Chilla ....................when I get the Gorilla ..... in Manilla !!!!!!!

" Stones Rule Ya PUNK ASS BASTARDS !!! "

Joey Ali ............................ALI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 6th, 2005 09:44 AM
BILL PERKS DESPITE FIJI'S NUMEROUS BEATINGS OF JOEY WITH HIS WIT,JOEY IS THE CHAMP, CUZ HE GETS OFF THE MAT AND NEVER QUITS.
JOEY IS,IMO,THE KING OF ROCKS OFF..ALL THE OTHER CONTENDERS QUIT ..THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
April 6th, 2005 10:17 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
DESPITE FIJI'S NUMEROUS BEATINGS OF JOEY WITH HIS WIT,JOEY IS THE CHAMP, CUZ HE GETS OFF THE MAT AND NEVER QUITS.
JOEY IS,IMO,THE KING OF ROCKS OFF..ALL THE OTHER CONTENDERS QUIT ..THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Perks ..........................

You are much loved by The Joey !!!!!

Actually , Corgi is " THE KING OF ROCKS OFF !!!!! "

Joey Cong ! ™

[ Edited by SDH ]
[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood