ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Going to a Go Go...Fiji Says Goodbye Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 4th, 2005 03:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, I don't want that to be overstated...the pug posts really don't bug me THAT much. No more than Joey's "Vietnam For Dummies" posts. And actually they could be viewed as Pythonesque...("The...LARCH.") But most importantly, but SO hard for some to grasp...if you don't like it, don't READ it.

And so, to prevent further misunderstandings (and so I don't have to limp off to some dark corner of the internet and start my own site) I present the Pig of the Day!

very nice work, i was merely stating that you "get it" i will be out of the office again for two more trips as i will be going out to Fiji world for a couple of days to conduct some business.

Keep up the good work Joey!
April 4th, 2005 03:28 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

OK, OK. The Pugs wearing Hats posts DO bug me.

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

April 4th, 2005 03:37 PM
Joey
" This post will be my last at this message board...After 2000 posts and one month short of three years, I have decided it is time to move on...Most of you can probably guess why this is so...but I'm not going to dwell on that here...I just wish it wasn't so "

" Posting here has, until recently, always been a pleasure...it is no longer so much fun...The evolution of this board has amazed me... "

" I have nothing but fond memories of the people who have posted here...many of who have stop posting all together or are now posting on other boards..."

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

" I thought I might list all those that come to mind, but, I'm sure I would leave someone out and believe it or not, I do not want to offend anyone..although...should you be in need of abuse, you can certainly look me up at that other message board "

" I would hope that you would know that with almost all whom I have butted heads over the past, it was all in jest...Meant only to entertain those who were clearly entertained by it...Some were not, I know, but some were...call it a push"

" I hope to see you all at an upcoming show...I anxiously await the new album...and will, without a doubt, raise a glass in your honor the moment the CD begins to spin "

"It's All Over Now"...

This will be "The Last Time"...

This "Turd" is "on the Run"..

May the good lord "Shine a Light" on you...

P.S.

" Please...do not retire my jersey..I will not return for the ceremony... "

" THE FIJI "

J.

April 4th, 2005 03:43 PM
sirmoonie

I just wish Benny Hill had lived to see the day when pissing monkeys were on the internet.
April 4th, 2005 03:44 PM
Joey

" I just wish Benny Hill had lived to see the day when pissing monkeys were on the internet. "

Amen My Brother ..........!!!™

Puggy ...............................................

Are you still meeting Fiji at " Californo's " some night this week for drinks ?!?!?~ ---- If so , please give him me love .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .................Oh , sure ! :

http://www.californos.com/

[ Edited by a Pissing Monkee -- Ninea ! ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 4th, 2005 04:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

" I just wish Benny Hill had lived to see the day when pissing monkeys were on the internet. "

Amen My Brother ..........!!!™

Puggy ...............................................

Are you still meeting Fiji at " Californo's " some night this week for drinks ?!?!?~ ---- If so , please give him me love .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .................Oh , sure ! :

http://www.californos.com/

[ Edited by a Pissing Monkee -- Ninea ! ]

[Edited by Joey]

Due to a scheduling conflict, i will not be meeting Fiji for drinks and festivities while on my trip (tomorrow). I will be forced to find a drinking buddy after my long, yet relaxing drive to beautiful Pitsburg, KA
April 4th, 2005 04:10 PM
Poplar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Voodoo Pug posting pictures of Pugs of the Day over here. Well, that IS pretty lame...

yep - lame lame lame lame lame lame lame.

quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I used to call this board "The Right-Wing Stones Board."

LOL!!!! you'r almost winning back big points w/ me FPM.

quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I think everybody's point re: Fiji's tearful exit is just that those "I'm leaving!" posts are THE worst. Just lame, lame, lame. It's like the Beatles breaking up forever as opposed to the Stones taking a few years off and then coming back and kicking some more ass. And this is a Stones board.

word. can you feel the love today?!
April 4th, 2005 04:12 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I will be forced to find a drinking buddy after my long, yet relaxing drive to beautiful Pitsburg, KA

googling .............................................

I can be there in just under two hours
April 4th, 2005 04:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poplar wrote:

yep - lame lame lame lame lame lame lame.

LOL!!!! you'r almost winning back big points w/ me FPM.

word. can you feel the love today?!

Joey needs the Pug of the Day to help in get through, he is quite mad you know.
April 4th, 2005 04:15 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Joey needs the Pug of the Day to help in get through, he is quite mad you know.

I's loves me's " PUG OF THE DAY " !!!!!

Shelby:

April 4th, 2005 04:24 PM
voodoopug one more for Joey to get him through tomorrow:

April 4th, 2005 04:34 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I know from my POV, I used to call this board "The Right-Wing Stones Board" when I mentioned it to friends who don't post here (as opposed to Keno's "Left-Wing Stones Board".) I always felt like I needed to explain that none of the administrators were right-wing blowhards, just for some reason all of that rare breed - neocon Bush-loving Stones fan - congregated here, instead of at some Toby Keith/Nascar site where you would expect to see them. Now, thanks to Maxy's board, I no longer have to say that. Now THAT's the Right-Wing Stones Board. (I know not EVERYONE fits that description, for instance YOU. But...) I will NOT be referencing "The Benny Hill Stones Board" and "The Monty Python Stones Board". I hate Benny Hill, love Python, and see nothing particularly Pythonesque going on at Maxy's. Maybe I just check in at the wong times. What day does the really insightful, incisive Stones-related stuff get posted?

Gee,that's not just a wee bit of sterotyping here is it FPM? I mean c'mon Toby Keith?! WTF?!

That's like me saying that all left wingers live in the backwoods of Colorado,shit on anyone that dissagrees with his own politics because he's so goddamned "inclusive",calls people of faith morans for their faith yet sees no problem with climbing his Zen Tower and sending out good karma chants ROTFLMFAO!,claims that it is imposible to be both a Stones' fan and a conservative,and.......oh,...wait nevermind.

Hypocricy reigns supreme at some "ALL KNOWING" websites!

Whatever.

Riffhard
April 4th, 2005 04:37 PM
L&A I stay, but who cares... Nearly a 5-years old member, and only 625 posts
April 4th, 2005 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
one more for Joey to get him through tomorrow:

Ooooooooo ! ....... Bless You Puggy !

one more for the Pugster to get him through his trip to Kansas :

Once proud Fiji acts so humble

April 4th, 2005 04:58 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Gee,that's not just a wee bit of sterotyping here is it FPM? I mean c'mon Toby Keith?! WTF?!

Whatever.

Riffhard

Are you really that sensitive? And humorless? And without any sense of irony? And hypocritical?

Am I wrong? is there a significant LIBERAL faction in the Toby Keith/Nascar crowd that I'm unaware of? I know a couple of guys, like SS, who watch Nascar yet didn't vote for Bush. I'm willing to bet, however, that if you cross-referenced Toby Keith fans AND Nascar fans, you've got 100% Bush support. So pardon my generalization. It's just that THEY at least make sense to my tiny little drug-eroded liberal looney-leftie brain, whereas YOU guys just make me go "whaaa??"

And I'm not saying it's BAD, just puzzling. And actually what I was SAYING was that it wouldn't be odd to find Bush supporters at a Toby Keith/Nascar site (is there one? if there is I'm going to go register, and then throw a big hissy fit and quit forever! GOOD BYE!! You won't have FPM to kick around anymore!! Don't retire my jersey!)but it IS slightly odd in the grand scheme of things to find them among Stones fans. The whole fierce individualism and "we are not interested in your petty morals" thing which comes with the Stones being a way of life goes completely AGAINST conservativism as it is defined these days.

Why do I have to explain shit like this?

April 4th, 2005 05:01 PM
Poplar
This should be a thread of unity; unity in the face of desertion. i beg of you Riffy and FPM, unite on this day ... unite for the sake of the board, and put our political differences asside.

That said, Toby Keith is a pile of kaka.
April 4th, 2005 05:26 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
You won't have FPM to kick around anymore!! Don't retire my jersey!)but it IS slightly odd in the grand scheme of things to find them among Stones fans. The whole fierce individualism and "we are not interested in your petty morals" thing which comes with the Stones being a way of life goes completely AGAINST conservativism as it is defined these days.

you sure enjoy making the rules around here doncha~?

Have you briefed Sir Mick with your "rules" recently

p.s.

Is that fagluger board really a Stones board

Seems more like a retirement home for old worn out dildos

April 4th, 2005 05:40 PM
glencar FPM, like it or not, America has gotten more conservative over the past 30 years. You have enough Euroliberals around here for balance. BTW I've been notcing many of these cars with big white number "3" & "8" window stickers. I know it relates to Nascar but can anyone tell me which players they represent?
April 4th, 2005 05:48 PM
Riffhard See FPM the deal is this. I can get along with just about everyone. I'm easy like that. My problem comes from people who claim to be "inclusive",but can't stand the fact that I am a conservative. While I would never go out of my way to criticize someone for believeing in Zen chants,I have noticed that a certain hippy from Colorado never has a problem trashing my faith,my politics,my values,and on,and on,and on.

When I read that kind of shit my blood boils. Why? I don't know. I should just chalk it up as some guy who thinks that he knows it all and let it slide. For the life of me though I can't seem to get over the blatent arrogance of someone who thinks that he has all the answers when it comes to things like the pope,the afterlife,any and all religion,and politics. It's beyond arrogance really. It's a smug dismissal of things that he could never wrap his fucking hippy dippy brain around. Yet he never ceases to pass judgment anyway!

I,on the otherhand,while certainly ready to argue politics etc. with the best of them,never resort to that kind of smuggness. (Irony here noted !) If someone makes a point that I had not thought of,or an angle that I had not considered,I willingly listen and reconsider my position. That never happens with the hippy I'm talking about. He is never wrong! His Zen chanting is great,but my beleif in Jesus is just stupid Christian dogma. That is the very definition of hypocricy.

I don't want to not like anyone,but he makes it very hard to do that and many former posters have left for these very reasons. Not that he gives a damn mind you. This rant is off topic for sure,but hey you asked.

I don't appreciate smuggness from anyone. It denotes a belief in some kind of supperiority.

Please note that the only reason I mention the hippy here is because he constantly harped about things that I believed in and he systematically dissmissed them as nonsense. All the while claiming to be some kind hippy fucking all knowing sage. Well I saw through his act and called him on it,and I quickly got labled a trouble maker for doing so. His worshiping brood never bothered to look in the mirror and see that they are the choir that he has been preaching to all these years. They are like a bunch of lemmings with the exception of a few very good people over there. What he was selling I was not buying.

As for Fiji? Well I like the guy and there is much more to it than you have posted here. He just does not like the direction of the board lately that's all. All will be better soon. A new album and tour will cure what ailes us all soon.

Riffhard
April 4th, 2005 05:51 PM
glencar My problem with Keno is that his writing is semi-literate & his thinking is all confused. Plus after posting on line for 8 years, I've seen enough boardmasterfucks who think that "banning" people is The. Most. Fun. Ever. Get over yourselves already, ya lickers.
April 4th, 2005 06:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
See FPM the deal is this. I can get along with just about everyone. I'm easy like that. My problem comes from people who claim to be "inclusive",but can't stand the fact that I am a conservative.

Anyone who defends/excuses George Walker Bush III as much as you do is not a conservative. Please understand that. If you have any questions, please ask.

Riffie, get over Keno. It makes you look weird. Lead by example. Take the road less traveled. Don't throw rocks at whores unless you haven't whorified. Desire nothing and be desire less. Carpe diem. Bet you could use a cold one. Alea jacta est. It doesn't get any better than this. Desiderata.
April 4th, 2005 06:30 PM
Poplar
who's fighting, and what for?

April 4th, 2005 07:04 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Am I wrong? is there a significant LIBERAL faction in the Toby Keith/Nascar crowd that I'm unaware of?

Tobys always pallin around with Willie

Willie's a pretty hippy liberal
April 4th, 2005 08:27 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew I think some of the posts in this thread are a perfect example of why Fiji and the others left.
April 4th, 2005 08:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well Flea, I AM a drama queen after all, what do you expect? I've built an entire internet persona based on creating drama where there isn't any.

But honestly....I've lost my interest in this subject already. I don't care where Fiji posts. I don't care where you post. Hell, I don't really care where I post.

PS. I don't see how the Couch is supposed to be the "right wing board"....at least 4 of the "8" regulars who post there can't stand Bush Jr. But that's why Maxy has a seperate politics board...we just don't do politics on the Couch.
April 4th, 2005 08:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ooooooooo ! ....... Bless You Puggy !

one more for the Pugster to get him through his trip to Kansas :

Once proud Fiji acts so humble

Joey, I will be done working tomorrow at 4pm....can you make the drive down to pitsburgh, KA? Dinner on me? email me if you are interested
April 4th, 2005 08:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
L&A wrote:
I stay, but who cares... Nearly a 5-years old member, and only 625 posts

I do, as I have always said quality is more important than quantity
April 4th, 2005 08:57 PM
glencar quantity uber alles!
April 4th, 2005 08:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
I think some of the posts in this thread are a perfect example of why Fiji and the others left.

April 4th, 2005 09:39 PM
corgi37 We need a Corgi of the day post.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood