ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Going to a Go Go...Fiji Says Goodbye Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 3rd, 2005 05:42 PM
Poplar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

funny shit FPM. when Fiji returns, his new name is Cher.
April 3rd, 2005 11:42 PM
Starbuck that's it! i'm leaving! somebody called me a dork last week and its been buggin the #@!% outta me!

poplar, you can have my charlie watts sleeping bag. gazza can have my anita pallenberg inflatable doll (used many times and still ticking!), and moonie my subscription to "young miss".

if anyone needs me, you can find me at the "tiny tim" message board!

April 4th, 2005 12:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I know why he left.

This place is getting flooded with stupid lame ass crap, and it's getting REAL hard to have any laughs.

It's pretty easy to see, unless, of course, you either enjoy stupid lame ass crap...or take part in the posting of stupid lame ass crap.

I know how Fiji feels. Wayback when, I left Gasx3, and I hated it. I made some really good friends there...I didn't want to leave. But I simply could not deal with the numbnut that runs the place. But I HAD to say goodbye to my friends there, and let them know that it wasn't THEM that made me make that choice. I owed them that.

That's what Fiji was doing. Saying goodbye to friends that he's made, including the Trinity. I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think he's mad or angry at anyone or anything. He doesn't like the direction the board is heading, so he went someplace else. Seems simple enough.

I gotta admit, I'm not spending nearly as much time here as I used to. That's probably good news for some of you. And I gotta say...it's for pretty much the same reasons that Fiji has left. This board is going in a direction that we don't find to be much fun. And we are not alone, obviously, since quite a few other long time regulars have either left, or cut way back on their time spent here. I know that I'll never leave Rocks Off completely, but I can understand why others might.

And you know, it's completely cool if you like the direction the board is heading...don't get me wrong. It's not a matter of anyone taking the board or themselves too serious...it simply a matter of personal tastes. Rocks Off has become, like, The Benny Hill Show, or the Three Stooges. Some people like that sort of thing. Others prefer Monty Python, or South Park. So instead of watching Benny Hill, some of us are changing the channel to watch Monty Python.

At least, that's what it's like for me. Your mileage may vary.
April 4th, 2005 12:21 AM
BILL PERKS SSA-YOU'RE INPUT IS ALWAYS WISE AND YOU CAN STIR THINGS UP VERY WELL BUT NO ONE IS BEGGING YOU TO POST HERE.IF PYTHON EXISTS ELSEWHERE, ENJOY IT.MANY OF MY FAV POSTERS ARE AT MAXY'S BUT I STILL ENJOY THIS PLACE MORE.I GUESS I PREFER THE STOOGES.
April 4th, 2005 12:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well... well... well...

It's always hard to say goodbye to our friends but this has been something that happens often, we're running our eighth year and to be honest I don't see any tragedy here, sometimes we have flooding, sometimes we have people distorting the facts and trying to make us look bad with exagerations but the information, the news, the knowledge, that are here since we started are still here.... fun well I still see the humor here nothing too bad to leave

It's as simple as this if you don't like someone simply ignore him/her and those spammers will stop sooner or later or we'll stop them

In your particlar case Fiji I'm gonna mis you and your freaks pix LOL, I'm sure you'll be back (well at least I want it)

Starbuck, it's also sad you leave us but saddest that you leave us to go to the Tiny Tim message board

With the new album and tour coming the good vibes will be back and we will survive for a long long time

We still the longest running and oldest active message board about the Rolling Stones on the net.
April 4th, 2005 12:34 AM
Poplar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
He doesn't like the direction the board is heading.

at times, i've taken a look the direction my life was heading and not liked what i saw ... but i've never given up on it.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

So instead of watching Benny Hill...

Benny Hill was a fucking genius.

April 4th, 2005 12:40 AM
BILL PERKS Benny Hill was a fucking genius.

[/quote]

AMEN TO THAT
April 4th, 2005 01:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot See what I mean?

I think Benny Hill was a fuckin' snore. Tired old vaudeville schtick, completely unoriginal, and short on creativity. Every show was the same. I'll stop and check out the tits every now and then, but that's about it.

But it's cool if you dig Benny and think he's "genius". And if that's the direction that the board wants to flow...I'm cool with that too. I'll stop by every now and then and check out the tits.
April 4th, 2005 02:25 AM
Poplar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I think Benny Hill was a fuckin' snore. Tired old vaudeville schtick, completely unoriginal, and short on creativity. .... I'll stop by every now and then and check out the tits.

i love ya SSAL, but good grief. i've never heard anyone end an "i'm taking the high road" rant with "I'll stop by every now and then and check out the tits."

April 4th, 2005 07:29 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
See what I mean?

I think Benny Hill was a fuckin' snore. Tired old vaudeville schtick, completely unoriginal, and short on creativity. Every show was the same. I'll stop and check out the tits every now and then, but that's about it.

But it's cool if you dig Benny and think he's "genius". And if that's the direction that the board wants to flow...I'm cool with that too. I'll stop by every now and then and check out the tits.

THE WHEELCHAIR RACES WERE PRETTY ORIGINAL AND FUNNY AS HELL
April 4th, 2005 07:37 AM
Jumacfly and don t forget the parody of the "A team ".....one of the greatest Benny Hill's moment!!
April 4th, 2005 09:47 AM
sirmoonie I always laugh when I see Benny Hill slap that wee old guy on his bald pate.
April 4th, 2005 09:52 AM
Jair My best wishes for you, Fiji, and I hope oneday you come back. I LOVE your posts.

I know in the past I wasn't cool about you, mainly because the US X Iraqi issues, but my apologies for that. I understand now I have not to do that question. So, I am deeply sorry and wish you good luck.

I'm sure you're a great guy and I hope you forgive me for all that bullshit i wrote here some time ago about you and about your country.

Sniff sniff.

April 4th, 2005 09:59 AM
Jair
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well, I know why he left.
This place is getting flooded with stupid lame ass crap, and it's getting REAL hard to have any laughs. (...)

The thing I love most in Sir Stonesalot is that he ALWAYS knows everything.

April 4th, 2005 10:31 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
This post will be my last at this message board...After 2000 posts and one month short of three years, I have decided it is time to move on...Most of you can probably guess why this is so...but I'm not going to dwell on that here...I just wish it wasn't so

I would hope that you would know that with almost all whom I have butted heads over the past, it was all in jest...Meant only to entertain those who were clearly entertained by it...Some were not, I know, but some were...call it a push

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it Fij. that we will NOT be meeting up this fall to see the Rolling Stones at the Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , State - of - the - Art , QWEST CENTER arena ?!?!

W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ......Oh , sure ! :

http://www.omahameca.com/

[ Edited by Fiji ]
[Edited by Joey]
April 4th, 2005 10:42 AM
voodoopug The Joey Enemies list is shrinking

April 4th, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

And you know, it's completely cool if you like the direction the board is heading...don't get me wrong. It's not a matter of anyone taking the board or themselves too serious.......................................

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 4th, 2005 12:39 PM
Starbuck actually, I wasnt really leaving. not that i post alot (more of a lurker for entertainment value). and VC, i certainly hope you think i have more taste than to ditch out for the tiny tim message board. "BJ and the Bear" message board maybe, but certainly not tiny tim.

we need a tour, there's no doubt about that. in the absence of one, i'd just like to make the comment that, damn, there is a LOT of hatred and animosity at these stones message boards, especially the last six or 8 months or so. some of you have been hanging out together for years now and you can't even sit at the same table and have a beer. joey vs maxy, VC and others vs keno, SS vs steelie. the list goes on and on. in my opinion, life is too short to fuss about the details.
April 4th, 2005 01:14 PM
Factory Girl I'm not leaving.
April 4th, 2005 01:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well, I know why he left.

..and is it different from what he chose to say himself here, AND from the totally DIFFERENT story he posted at Maxy's? For those of you who don't want to take the trouble to go all the way over there, at Maxy's FAR superior board (at least all 8 of the regular/only posters think so)Fiji said he made his grand exit because he was threatened with banishment here for creating alternate identities, specifically a clone of Joey. And somehow it was Joey's fault that the administrators told Fiji to knock it the hell off. Since Maxy's IS a public site, I guess it's not too much of an infraction to repeat that here. Like all of the other stuff that's said over there concerning people and events here, it's no secret.

The whole Benny Hill/Monty Python thing...hmmm, when you guys first set up camp one of the things you all whined about the most was Voodoo Pug posting pictures of Pugs of the Day over here. Well, that IS pretty lame, so I never spend too much time poring over them. It's hard for me to say whether all the posts at Maxy's about penises and anal sex are actually all that Pythonesque by comparison, though, and then of course Voodoo Pug showed up over there and started posting regularly, so...now I'm really not sure what the point is.

I know from my POV, I used to call this board "The Right-Wing Stones Board" when I mentioned it to friends who don't post here (as opposed to Keno's "Left-Wing Stones Board".) I always felt like I needed to explain that none of the administrators were right-wing blowhards, just for some reason all of that rare breed - neocon Bush-loving Stones fan - congregated here, instead of at some Toby Keith/Nascar site where you would expect to see them. Now, thanks to Maxy's board, I no longer have to say that. Now THAT's the Right-Wing Stones Board. (I know not EVERYONE fits that description, for instance YOU. But...) I will NOT be referencing "The Benny Hill Stones Board" and "The Monty Python Stones Board". I hate Benny Hill, love Python, and see nothing particularly Pythonesque going on at Maxy's. Maybe I just check in at the wong times. What day does the really insightful, incisive Stones-related stuff get posted?

I think everybody's point re: Fiji's tearful exit is just that those "I'm leaving!" posts are THE worst. Just lame, lame, lame. It's like the Beatles breaking up forever as opposed to the Stones taking a few years off and then coming back and kicking some more ass. And this is a Stones board.

Of course, YOU made one at Keno's, so YOU'RE not going to necessarily agree. But yours was lame too. Hey, I love you way too much in real life for that to matter one iota. We've got REAL LIFE stuff that binds us. I've never actually met Fiji, though, and don't ever want to, so I'm not going to let him off as easily. Grand exits are lame. They're for drama queens, not for big tough chickenhawks like Feej. Running over to your other board and saying "here's what I was afraid to say at RO" is lame. And having one of your buddies come over and make excuses for you is lame too.
April 4th, 2005 01:44 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I think everybody's point re: Fiji's tearful exit is just that those "I'm leaving!" posts are THE worst. Just lame, lame, lame. It's like the Beatles breaking up forever as opposed to the Stones taking a few years off and then coming back and kicking some more ass. And this is a Stones board.

Of course, YOU made one at Keno's, so YOU'RE not going to necessarily agree. But yours was lame too. Hey, I love you way too much in real life for that to matter one iota. We've got REAL LIFE stuff that binds us. I've never actually met Fiji, though, and don't ever want to, so I'm not going to let him off as easily. Grand exits are lame. They're for drama queens, not for big tough chickenhawks like Feej. Running over to your other board and saying "here's what I was afraid to say at RO" is lame. And having one of your buddies come over and make excuses for you is lame too.

Fleabit .........................................

I would like to nuzzle you .

You are much loved by the Joey ! ™

Joeykins , Established 1999 !
April 4th, 2005 01:46 PM
egon joey,

can you feel it? can you?!
April 4th, 2005 01:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

..and is it different from what he chose to say himself here, AND from the totally DIFFERENT story he posted at Maxy's? For those of you who don't want to take the trouble to go all the way over there, at Maxy's FAR superior board (at least all 8 of the regular/only posters think so)Fiji said he made his grand exit because he was threatened with banishment here for creating alternate identities, specifically a clone of Joey. And somehow it was Joey's fault that the administrators told Fiji to knock it the hell off. Since Maxy's IS a public site, I guess it's not too much of an infraction to repeat that here. Like all of the other stuff that's said over there concerning people and events here, it's no secret.

The whole Benny Hill/Monty Python thing...hmmm, when you guys first set up camp one of the things you all whined about the most was Voodoo Pug posting pictures of Pugs of the Day over here. Well, that IS pretty lame, so I never spend too much time poring over them. It's hard for me to say whether all the posts at Maxy's about penises and anal sex are actually all that Pythonesque by comparison, though, and then of course Voodoo Pug showed up over there and started posting regularly, so...now I'm really not sure what the point is.

I know from my POV, I used to call this board "The Right-Wing Stones Board" when I mentioned it to friends who don't post here (as opposed to Keno's "Left-Wing Stones Board".) I always felt like I needed to explain that none of the administrators were right-wing blowhards, just for some reason all of that rare breed - neocon Bush-loving Stones fan - congregated here, instead of at some Toby Keith/Nascar site where you would expect to see them. Now, thanks to Maxy's board, I no longer have to say that. Now THAT's the Right-Wing Stones Board. (I know not EVERYONE fits that description, for instance YOU. But...) I will NOT be referencing "The Benny Hill Stones Board" and "The Monty Python Stones Board". I hate Benny Hill, love Python, and see nothing particularly Pythonesque going on at Maxy's. Maybe I just check in at the wong times. What day does the really insightful, incisive Stones-related stuff get posted?

as the legend begins to build...

good points FPM. Your post is specifically why i keep my "stupid pug posts" confined to a select few threads that are non stones news related as it is not seen as entertainment to everyone. The fact that you dont like them and do not waste your time pouring over them shows me that you are smart enough to not sift through stuff that you dont care to read! I commend you for that. My posting on Max's board is to allow me to post with a different group of friends, just as I do on Dougs Board. It is no secret that Josh is a friend of mine, and i have been posting with some of the folks on Maxlugar.com for many years on various other boards. I will continue to post at Rocks Off, Shidoobee, The Lotus Couch, and wherever else i come across. When I leave any board, it will be quietly as the board is bigger than me, not the otherway around.

and since this is a non stones thread. In honor of our departed Fiji and the fine post from FPM....i give you the POTD:

April 4th, 2005 02:02 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
joey,

can you feel it? can you?!

I feel you my Stones' Brother .............

For My Baby Egon ! :

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy !

Berscee ! ™
April 4th, 2005 02:04 PM
Joey

Puggy ................................

What's this one's name ?!?! -- A real ' cutie ' :

April 4th, 2005 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Puggy ................................

What's this one's name ?!?! -- A real ' cutie ' :

Dont know his name....so we will call him Joey!!!
April 4th, 2005 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Dont know his name....so we will call him Joey!!!

Yes !!!!

" Joey " it IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .................Oh , sure ! :

"Lil Fiji .... I realize that you are no Joey ... or have no chance in Hell of EVER becoming a great writer ........... but can you at least ACT like you have SOME talent ?!?!?! "

{ CA - RACK } !!!!!!!

J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOE J JO JOEY

JOEY !!!!

[ Edited by Little Friskee ]
[Edited by Joey]
April 4th, 2005 02:58 PM
FPM C10
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

as the legend begins to build...

good points FPM. Your post is specifically why i keep my "stupid pug posts" confined to a select few threads that are non stones news related as it is not seen as entertainment to everyone. The fact that you dont like them and do not waste your time pouring over them shows me that you are smart enough to not sift through stuff that you dont care to read! I commend you for that.

Well, I don't want that to be overstated...the pug posts really don't bug me THAT much. No more than Joey's "Vietnam For Dummies" posts. And actually they could be viewed as Pythonesque...("The...LARCH.") But most importantly, but SO hard for some to grasp...if you don't like it, don't READ it.

And so, to prevent further misunderstandings (and so I don't have to limp off to some dark corner of the internet and start my own site) I present the Pig of the Day!
April 4th, 2005 03:03 PM
Joey " Well, I don't want that to be overstated...the pug posts really don't bug me THAT much. "

!!!!

[ Edited by JACKY !!!! ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 4th, 2005 03:15 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Well, I don't want that to be overstated...the pug posts really don't bug me THAT much. "

OK, OK. The Pugs wearing Hats posts DO bug me.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood