ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Going to a Go Go...Fiji Says Goodbye Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 2nd, 2005 04:12 AM
Fiji Joe This post will be my last at this message board...After 2000 posts and one month short of three years, I have decided it is time to move on...Most of you can probably guess why this is so...but I'm not going to dwell on that here...I just wish it wasn't so

I would like to give my sincere thanks to the Unholy Trinity...This board is without equal in the Stones community...Their patience with me over the years has been greatly appreciated if not questionable...I wish them the best of luck and am sure they will continue to do a great job...You all should stop and appreciate all that they are doing for you...send them some money, send them some boots...this stuff ain't free...I absolutely admire their committment to the "Greatest Rock N' Roll Band in the World"

Posting here has, until recently, always been a pleasure...it is no longer so much fun...The evolution of this board has amazed me...

I have nothing but fond memories of the people who have posted here...many of who have stop posting all together or are now posting on other boards...I thought I might list all those that come to mind, but, I'm sure I would leave someone out and believe it or not, I do not want to offend anyone..although...should you be in need of abuse, you can certainly look me up at that other message board

I would hope that you would know that with almost all whom I have butted heads over the past, it was all in jest...Meant only to entertain those who were clearly entertained by it...Some were not, I know, but some were...call it a push

I hope to see you all at an upcoming show...I anxiously await the new album...and will, without a doubt, raise a glass in your honor the moment the CD begins to spin

"It's All Over Now"...

This will be "The Last Time"...

This "Turd" is "on the Run"..

May the good lord "Shine a Light" on you...

P.S.

Please...do not retire my jersey..I will not return for the ceremony...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
April 2nd, 2005 05:27 AM
J.J.Flash Feej has made "The Transition".......

WHY??!??

Sniff!

WHY man, why?!?

Anyway, may the force be with you.
April 2nd, 2005 05:43 AM
J.J.Flash Bizarro was serious when he warned us yesterday....

WHY?!?!
April 2nd, 2005 08:07 AM
corgi37 Another one bites the dust.

Am i missing some thing here? A few oldies are nicking off? Why?

Oh, well, i am still here. I aint going nowhere. I like it here. I can handle what ever any one ever says.

I dont want to go to any other Stones site. I believe in loyalty.

I beleive in you.

I believe that children are our future.

I believe anal sex hurts (or so i my boyfriend tells me).

I believe the Pope is catholic (well, not for much longer).

I beleive, in the power of love.
April 2nd, 2005 08:25 AM
J.J.Flash Corgi.....

you are THE King!

Bless you my aussie brother!

"Must go 'Downunder' Ronnie"
April 2nd, 2005 09:37 AM
luxury1 OH, great. Thanks Fiji. Does this mean I must now inherit the beer tities?
April 2nd, 2005 10:32 AM
littleredrooster Fij,
Don't GO !!!!
What did they promise you, a man breast mastectomy ????
We'll start a fund HERE !!!!
You'll get the operation !!!
Don't GO !!!!!
April 2nd, 2005 10:42 AM
Mel Belli Pardon my ignorance, but what's the back story on all this ...? Why did JB leave?
April 2nd, 2005 11:04 AM
BILL PERKS FIJI-YOU'LL BE MISSED..THANKS FOR KNOCKING JOEY OUT WHEN HE DESERVED IT..AND ON WE GO!YOU ARE EITHER HERE OR YOU'RE NOT HERE.
April 2nd, 2005 11:37 AM
doo doo doo Dude Don't go Fiji. It's bad but it ain't THAT bad. Besides there's a new album and world tour coming up.

I guess we can still read your musings over on the Lotus Couch but I'll miss your battles with the less gifted posters.
April 2nd, 2005 11:51 AM
stewed & Keefed Why do so many people take this board so serious.
April 2nd, 2005 12:04 PM
Schizo Joey don't act like a bitch Fiji, delete this thread
April 2nd, 2005 12:42 PM
Some Guy and then... depression set in
April 2nd, 2005 01:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Schizo Joey wrote:
don't act like a bitch Fiji, delete this thread

Yeah. Don't be a deflated ballbag, poncey ass, sniffle piffle, pherone-whoremone bitch. Delete this thread.
April 2nd, 2005 01:25 PM
Martha Fiji I'm sorry to see you go. You're posts and images have made me laugh like hell and I will miss you. I thank you for your humor. Visit us when you are in town!

peace and love,
Martha
April 2nd, 2005 01:50 PM
Cafe Hostess Jill Fiji is and was one of the greats

A true loss to this board

Another one bites the dust
April 2nd, 2005 02:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Cafe Hostess Jill wrote:
Fiji is and was one of the greats

A true loss to this board

Another one bites the dust

Yeah. Don't be a mincey Will Rogers Memorial park glory-hole prancing around the port-o-potty in black leather boots. Delete this thread.
April 2nd, 2005 03:02 PM
Taptrick
What is message board martyrdom?

April 2nd, 2005 03:11 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

What is message board martyrdom?

Yeah. No more jumping up and down in your leg warmers doing Cathy Rigby impersonations, Fiji. Delete this thread.
April 2nd, 2005 05:05 PM
Poplar
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Also - i'll be the first one to say "what the fuck?" when you return as soon as the album/tour arrive.

it's not that people take this board too seriously - people just take themselves too damn seriously.
April 2nd, 2005 08:07 PM
glencar See ya at Maxy's, Feej.
April 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
poplar wrote:
it's not that people take this board too seriously - people just take themselves too damn seriously.

QFT (quoted for truth!!)

_____

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Don't be a mincey Will Rogers Memorial park glory-hole prancing around the port-o-potty in black leather boots.

clever reference - how many people here do you think got it..?
April 2nd, 2005 09:55 PM
kath was fiji the pope????

uh oh......
April 3rd, 2005 09:05 AM
corgi37 Poplar said it best.

Hopefully, when all the new stuff is out and the tour is rocking along, the people who piss off are not allowed back on. I respect people's decisions, but give us a glimmer with what the problem is? I'm sure the mods can set us all straight and tell us not to pick on some one who maybe sensitive, but i mean, am i the reason he left?

Are you?

Him?

Her?

I saddens me when major posters leave, but hey, i'll get over it.

I also think in a very slight way, when people make a major trumpet blowing, look at me, aint i been crossed, boo-hoo, i'm outta here thread, that they are dissing the mods.

And i dont like that at all! Not one cotton-picking bit. I know the Trinity dont need me to stick up for them, but shit, if you wanna go - just go.

I liked Fiji's posts, and he seemed a really passionate fan of our band, but you know, its cool.

But, i really mean this, if any one who blows town and then wants to come back, well, dont let them.

Lets change the locks!!

April 3rd, 2005 10:55 AM
FPM C10 I liken Fiji to my idiot brother-in-law who fancies himself an auto mechanic...He once claimed to have diagnosed a problem I was having with an old BMW with which I refused to part...he tore apart the engine all along swearing he could fix it and that he knew what the problem was...all the while telling me what was wrong with it...that was six years ago...the parts still take up half my garage, the car is not fixed, and my brother-in-law went to maxlugar.com and has not returned...what a turd

One thing that's always been agreed upon by most of the faithful is that the Stones will never announce their last concert, and that a farewell tour is a concept more suited to Cher than the Stones. The whole "hey everybody, look at me, I'm leaving...I AM!...for real...you won't have ME to kick around anymore...leaving...right...NOW..." sweeping exit bit is better left to drama queens than to real rockers who battle on through thick and thin, letting criticism roll off their backs, and do it till they drop.

Jeez, I don't know WHY Cher's Farewell Tour popped into my head right now, in this thread...me, I thought she shoulda hung it up a looooong time ago...I certainly won't miss her.

April 3rd, 2005 11:33 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I liked Fiji's posts, and he seemed a really passionate fan of our band, but you know, its cool.

Seriously, did Fiji Joe ever even mention the Rolling Stones in a post?

I liken Fiji Joe to a guy who got punk'd by his brother-in-law when, on the guise of fixing a mechanical problem, the aformentioned Nats completely dismantled Fiji's Kia and left its spread all over his trailer, and then booked the scene laughing. Nigh on six years later, there it lies, Mr. Joe being too genetically challenged to put the thing back together again.

Ahhh, I'm only messing around with Fiji because, like everyone who makes a grand saucy exit, we all know they keep reading. If I thought that he was really gone, or that he wouldn't have the opportunity to call me names under an alias at www.muflugar.com, I wouldn't say anything about him. Only a complete panso-wimp would start threads and flame someone who wasn't even there to defend themselves. I think 99.9% of us would agree with that.
April 3rd, 2005 11:54 AM
corgi37 Yeah, hahahaha, we ALL fucking know he's reading the posts. To see what reaction he got.

Wonder if he's got the guts to post a retorte, and to tell the rest of us tough-guys and strong sheilas, why he had to wimp off?

I dont have time for traiters.
April 3rd, 2005 12:37 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew This sux. Whatever the reason, Fiji's posts were among the most entertaining here. Where did he go?
April 3rd, 2005 02:20 PM
sirmoonie What the hell are you yelling at me for?? I never stole your emoticons. I've never hesited any material from anyone.

You know, Feej, you are like a crazy long lost bro.......

Wait. Sorry, wrong board. Hang on a sec.
April 3rd, 2005 05:36 PM
Some Guy Did Joey dis him?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood