ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC: Always The Same (NSC) Return to archive
April 1st, 2005 11:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels AC/DC: Always The Same

Date: 2005-04-01
Artist: AC DC Category: General Music News

Launch Radio Networks reports: If you watch the new AC/DC DVD "Family Jewels", you'll see a mix of live performances, TV show appearances, and video clips from throughout the band's history. Frontman Brian Johnson said that when he watched the DVD, he was fascinated by the group's appearance, for two main reasons. "Well, we don't look as young as we do on stage," he explained. "You can, you can see the - there's one important thing I think is very important, is we've never changed. The band has never, ever changed. As one interviewer said to (lead guitarist) Angus (Young), 'You know, you've made 15 albums, Angus, and they're all the same.' And Angus said, 'That's not true. We've made 17 albums, and they're all the same."

AC/DC lead guitarist Angus Young turned 50 years old yesterday (03/31). Brian Johnson gave Launch this message to send out to his old friend: "Happy birthday Angus, me son! Just keep on turning out them great tunes, and I'll see ya real soon. Happy birthday from the boys!"
April 2nd, 2005 05:19 AM
J.J.Flash They fuckin' Rock and NOBODY can dislike them, that's impossible.....
April 2nd, 2005 07:59 AM
Irresistible-Lady I really agree with that..
April 2nd, 2005 12:40 PM
CraigP Same here.
April 2nd, 2005 12:42 PM
sirmoonie I agree with that as well.
April 2nd, 2005 01:32 PM
Bruno Stone The same here again.

How can somebody NOT go crazy hearing Back In Black?
April 2nd, 2005 03:42 PM
polksalad69 always the same just like the Ramones and Motorhead
April 2nd, 2005 08:03 PM
HomerJRichards Yep, they're my fave band after the Stones. Would love to see Keith, Mal & Angus do some recording together. Chuck Berry riffs galore with some awesome classic Mal rhythm guitar.

I wish on their next world tour that AC/DC would take a leaf out of the Stone's book & do some smaller venue gigs -& get back to their pub rock roots. Personally i don't care much for the inflatable Rosies, etc. I would also love to see them performing more of their early classics like There's gonna be some rockin, Ride On, School Days, It's a long way to the top, Soul Stripper, Touch too much etc, stuff that they've either never done live or haven't done for years. Vocally, I reckon Brian would be up to performing some of those songs too, especially Ride On.
April 3rd, 2005 04:45 AM
padre Didn't they do Ride On on their last tour? I remember hearing that they closed a show with it once, maybe in France...?
April 3rd, 2005 07:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
They fuckin' Rock and NOBODY can dislike them, that's impossible.....

Dear AC/DC,
I need some advice.
Signed,
Down & Depressed on Earth

AC/DC: Keep a Stiff Upper Lip.
April 3rd, 2005 08:10 PM
rogerriffin Always the same, yes but the same fucking rock`n roll that never made it...

I like as some of you, before the Rolling Stones, AC/DC is the best great band!

Yes padre, they closed stiff upper lip show in Paris, but so the first time that Brian sang it and dont find the better way to made.

I need Family Jewels soon... but all need Next NEW ALBUM SOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 3rd, 2005 08:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels You betcah!

April 3rd, 2005 11:10 PM
Soldatti I need a new AC/DC album soon, 5 years and counting since Stiff Upper Lip, it's too much time if you add 8 years without Stones' new album!
April 4th, 2005 01:18 PM
Stones AC/DC - Second Best Band In The World
April 5th, 2005 09:58 AM
Pierre New album end of 2005
April 5th, 2005 01:07 PM
nankerphelge Wow Angus at 50!

All I have to say is that Brian Johnson does a better job with the old Bon era tunes than he does with his own material!! Here's hoping we get another AC/DC & Stones bill!!
April 5th, 2005 11:43 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Great news! I would love to hear a new album coming out this year, and hopefully a tour to follow some time next year. I haven't seen the boys from down under since 88' and would love the opportunity to see them again. My 14 year old son loves the band and can't wait until he can see them. At this point in their career, I believe that they would do just fine with a big stadium tour, although I would much rather see them at a small venue.
April 6th, 2005 06:58 AM
exile I saw the boys maybe three years ago in sydney
great show!

Oh not including seeing angus and malcom at Stones Enmore

I dont care if all their albums are the same,

VIVA ACDC !!!!

ACDC ROCK!!!!!!!!
April 6th, 2005 07:06 PM
HomerJRichards The next album is supposedly going to be much heavier than Stiff Upper Lip - which i thought was a great album. 'Can't stand still' off SUL is a great foot stomper .I Would love to see them do more stuff like that.

I've also heard a rumour & it is only a rumour btw, that one of the band members has a very serious health problem. I hope it's not true. Mal has had his problems with the booze over the years & Brian had some lumps removed off his throat nodule thingies a few years back, & Angus still smokes way too many ciggies.
April 6th, 2005 07:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Pierre wrote:
New album end of 2005

Great 2005!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood