ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pope John Paul II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 6th, 2005 10:34 AM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Fuck off, Jair, will ya?

Glencar, if that's your choice, no problem, but I'll tell you just once: you're FIRED!!!

Go get yourself another job because I'm just EXCLUDING you of the "Resident Evil 3" cast, in which you WOULD play one of those scary dogs.

Loser!
April 6th, 2005 11:13 AM
egon
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Good point Gazza

Lets all hope the leader of Luxemburgh is in good health..

nooooooo, not the L word
April 6th, 2005 01:21 PM
Popguy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Man, you're stupid.

Glencar, aka Holden Caulfield
April 6th, 2005 01:46 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
Queen of Holland: never heard of her!

Her name is Beatrix.
You live only 2 countries away and you have never heard of her? Strange.
quote:

People of Holland who is a star in France today it's Bolkenstein

Bolkestein is an arrogant twat. I'm glad he left Dutch politics anyway.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
April 6th, 2005 01:51 PM
Popguy Sweden has a queen too, Sylvia, I guess
April 6th, 2005 01:53 PM
Angiegirl England has one too. I believe her name is Camilla
April 6th, 2005 01:57 PM
Popguy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
England has one too. I believe her name is Camilla

LOL!!!

btw, how do I do to having a picture on the left from my topics?
Thanks!
April 6th, 2005 02:03 PM
Angiegirl It's called an avatar. Click on 'update profile', submit username/password, fill in the url to your avatar in the form field that says 'avatar' . If you don't have any webspace to put your picture on, you can send it to VoodooChile or get free hosting on http://www.photobucket.com/.
I believe avatars can be max. 100x100 pixels. If you have a larger image, first resize it in Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/equivalent.
April 6th, 2005 02:12 PM
Popguy Very sweet. Thanks again!
April 6th, 2005 03:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Pope Reborn as Superhero in Comic

Wed Apr 6, 9:38 AM ET

BOGOTA, Colombia (Reuters) - Pope John Paul II is being reborn in a Colombian comic book as a superhero battling evil with an anti-Devil cape and special chastity pants.

The first episode of the "Incredible Popeman" is about to go on sale in Colombia and shows the late Polish pontiff meeting comic book legends such as Batman and Superman to learn how to use superpowers to battle Satan.

"The pope was a real-life superhero, of flesh and blood," said Colombian artist Rodolfo Leon, a non-practicing Catholic who has been working on the comic book for about a year.

Like any self-respecting superhero, the Incredible Popeman has a battery of special equipment. Along with his yellow cape and green chastity pants, the muscular super-pontiff wields a faith staff with a cross on top and carries holy water and communion wine.

In the comic book, the pope dies and is reborn with superpowers beyond the infallibility Catholic doctrine gave him on Earth.

Leon said he was saddened by the death Saturday of John Paul II, whom he admired. The artist worried some people might be offended by such a revered figure becoming a comic book hero, but said the reception so far has been good.

Apart from predominantly Catholic Colombia, the book will be sold in Poland and publishers in Mexico, Canada and the United States have expressed interest, Leon said.

He also plans to produce Incredible Popeman action dolls.

"He isn't John Paul II any more," Leon said. "From now on, he's the Incredible Popeman."
April 6th, 2005 06:58 PM
Jair If Pope was a Rolling Stone...

'The Pope is pop'

April 7th, 2005 10:31 AM
FPM C10 That reminds me - Joey borrowed my green chastity pants YEARS ago and never gave them back!

um...on seconfd thought, I probably don't want them back.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood